Action Figure Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(NEW PICS ON P.6 & 7)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(NEW PICS ON PAGE

It is looking really good! Can't wait to see this one done as well. You have definitely came along since the first stage of it. You got the nose down pretty damn well from all angles.

Re: Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(NEW PICS ON PAGE

Looking pretty good so far, can't wait to see it all finished.

It is looking really good! Can't wait to see this one done as well. You have definitely came along since the first stage of it. You got the nose down pretty damn well from all angles.

Thanks guys!:duff
As usual, your comments are much appreciated:)

Ive just ordered the hair for this project!!!(thanks to skiman for the link).:yess:
Im just about to start work on the sculpt again and here are the changes Im going to make -

Stage 4 changes to be made -
  • Take MMs off the mouth at each side to make the mouth less wide.(by filling in the "gap" at the outer edges).
  • Add "flesh" to his right side of mouth/lip area to achieve the "telephone scene smirk" when viewing his right side at a downwards angle.
  • Make his left side of his lip slightly higher than the right side(middle area of the lip).
  • Curve his right eye around the side of his face to achieve the correct eye shape when viewed from his right side.
  • Blend the area under his bottom lip that leads to the chin better.
  • Higher his cheeks & bring them closer in towards his nose.
  • Add dips around the inner of his eyes(at each side of the top of the nose).
  • Add eyebrows.
  • Adjust angle of jaw under the chin.

Later changes to make -
  • Get the eyes more accurate(the shape of the "cuts").
  • Get the nose more accurate(slightly thicker?).
  • Bring ears flatter to the head and sculpt shape & detail.
  • Add slight wrinkles on forehead and top of nose(area between eyes).
  • Adjust top of head at each side.
  • Adjust the shape of the overall neck.

Most of that probably doesnt even make sense to anyone but I thought Id share anyway.

Last edited:

Hair mock-up -
SAM_0855C.png

This looks awesome mocked up. If you can do the hair like that...!!!

Very well thought out and organized. You have a whole shopping list there. You are the man with a plan!!

I agree With Dark on that...The Mock up Looks Great !

Wonderful work... you are doing an amazing job on capturing the subtleties of the mask.

And, love that video of the Shatner mask, I've never seen it before :duff

Wonderful work... you are doing an amazing job on capturing the subtleties of the mask.

And, love that video of the Shatner mask, I've never seen it before :duff

Thanks, my friend!
Much appreciated.
Theres still a LOT of work that needs to be done on the mask but I wont stop working on it until Im happy with it.
I really want it to look just like the original mask from all angles.
Id say Im still about half way there.:impatient:

Anyway, the hair came today!:panic:
Here are some pics showing just a little patch I quickly cut off and placed on top of the head.
No styling or futzing at all.
I really like the colour too.
And theres LOADS of it too...enough to hair at least a 1000 masks LOL

007-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

004-5.jpg

003-6.jpg

002-7.jpg

001-7.jpg

Last edited:

I'm glad the hair made over to you buddy, looking awesome once again!!!!! WOW!!!!! That's Myers 78 :lecture :rock

Also glad that the hair color was a match :rock

I'm glad the hair made over to you buddy, looking awesome once again!!!!! WOW!!!!! That's Myers 78 :lecture :rock

Also glad that the hair color was a match :rock

Thanks Ski!
I honestly wouldnt know where to start if it werent for those links you gave me.
The hair colour is great.
Just needs darkening a tad and then it will be pretty much spot on in my opinion.
Easy stuff.
Thanks again bro:rock

Thanks Ski!
I honestly wouldnt know where to start if it werent for those links you gave me.
The hair colour is great.
Just needs darkening a tad and then it will be pretty much spot on in my opinion.
Easy stuff.
Thanks again bro:rock

Anything I can do to help, just send the PM :lecture :1-1:

Re: Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(NEW PICS ON P.6 &

are you planning on selling these

Re: Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(NEW PICS ON P.6 &

are you planning on selling these

Yep.
Its on hold at the moment, but I will get back to work on it as soon as I get the mold/casting materials.
The reason why its on hold is because Im thinking of giving away a FREE Shatner mask with it.
I will finish the Shatner mask 1st, then cast it to be modded into a Myers mask after.
Either that or a FREE Unworn Myers mask.
The worn mask will look more stretched vertically, particularly in the mouth area, to replicate the look of someone wearing the mask.
This will be the look im going for with the main mask.
Whereas the Unworn mask will not look stretched.
It will be used as a display piece only.
These are just ideas though.
Nothing is final yet.
Once Im ready to start selling these, I will make a commission thread or just edit the 1st page of this thread with a list of people who are interested in having one.
Thanks.

No on hold...No on hold!!! You're killing me!! I am so excited to see this finished. Don't keep us waiting too long. :impatient:

:lol:lol:lol

looks great and a lot better then what is considered official figures out there. you and ONE are two of my fave at this moment for myers head sculpts

No on hold...No on hold!!! You're killing me!! I am so excited to see this finished. Don't keep us waiting too long.

:lol:lol:lol
I know, I know LOL
But I dont want to rush it.
Im having a little rest from it at the moment until I can be bothered to buy the cast/mold materials and get that down to a science(never made molds/casts before:thud:).
Its good to have a break sometimes so you can come back to it with fresh eyes, you know?
Hopefully, the more time and effort I put into it, the better the end result.

looks great and a lot better then what is considered official figures out there. you and ONE are two of my fave at this moment for myers head sculpts

Thanks!:)
Very much appreciated.

TINY UPDATE -

Early WIP shots of the Lamson chef knife(Quick prototype) -

001-8.jpg

A comparison to Onescustoms THE OLD 78 Lamson knife, to prove I havent just casted his knife(Ive been asked twice now if my Myers Headsculpt is a recast) -

002-8.jpg

003-8.jpg

My outline next to Ones Old 78 knife -

004-7.jpg

Reference -

DSC05209.png

Photo belongs to theshape1188.

Last edited:

good work on this so far

Back