Michael Jackson dead at 50

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
popcornj.gif

SpongeBob,awesome! That was a great episode too.

Holy crap, what the hell is going on here?

Just a couple of points. There is no widely accepted definition of terrorism. You could say that I'm part of the so-called "war on terror" so I do know (somewhat) what I'm talking about. It's something we have to study in the military from time to time.

That being said, Spartan Rex is much more on the ball with his definitions. Even if his actions didn't coerce or intimidate the population/government (which is arguable), that doesn't mean it wasn't his intention, therefore he engaged in an act of terrorism. One could argue that 9/11 didn't intimidate the population either (remember Tom Petty's words!), but that doesn't mean it's not terrorism. Teemu's was a flawed response to say the least.

Oh yeah, and Satan doesn't exist! ;)

Holy crap, what the hell is going on here?

Just a couple of points. There is no widely accepted definition of terrorism. You could say that I'm part of the so-called "war on terror" so I do know (somewhat) what I'm talking about. It's something we have to study in the military from time to time.

That being said, Spartan Rex is much more on the ball with his definitions. Even if his actions didn't coerce or intimidate the population/government (which is arguable), that doesn't mean it wasn't his intention, therefore he engaged in an act of terrorism. One could argue that 9/11 didn't intimidate the population either (remember Tom Petty's words!), but that doesn't mean it's not terrorism. Teemu's was a flawed response to say the least.

Oh yeah, and Satan doesn't exist! ;)

so freedom of speech is an act of terrorism? yeah right!!

Ugh...
please people...
we've moved on from this topic...

Back to the MJ thread...
How about this:

Sony bids $50 million for Jackson rehearsal film (AP)

LOS ANGELES - Sony Corp.'s movie studio has bid $50 million to acquire the worldwide distribution rights to a film based on rehearsal footage for Michael Jackson's "This Is It" comeback concert series, according to a person familiar with the bid.

The person said Monday that the bid came after several studios, including Paramount, Universal, 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros., were shown footage starting early last week. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the bidding had not been completed.

The winning studio would produce the film with Jackson's concert promoter, AEG Live, and his estate.

It would go a long way to helping AEG Live recoup some of the $30 million to $32 million it spent producing the concert before Jackson died June 25.

Sony Pictures has a leg up on other bidders because Sony Music distributes Jackson's music and is in a 50-50 partnership with his estate in Sony/ATV Music Publishing.

The bidding was reported earlier by the Los Angeles Times and industry blogger Nikki Finke.

The estate and AEG Live are also negotiating with several television networks and pay-per-view outlets on a TV special that would be a stage show featuring Jackson's music and dancing. It would be directed by "This Is It" director Kenny Ortega.

The selling price being discussed for the rights to show the TV special is also in the tens of millions of dollars.

General Electric Co.'s NBC has been in talks on the TV show, but the concept, air date and cost for the rights has not been finalized, said NBC spokeswoman Rebecca Marks.

"We have no deal for the rights to the Michael Jackson special," Marks said

It would be cool if they indeed release this in theaters...

so freedom of speech is an act of terrorism? yeah right!!

Soooooo the young chap on a flight from Britain to the US with a bomb in his shoe, who never actually killed anyone, can not be considered a terrorist? Is he just someone with questionable taste in shoes then?

Soooooo the young chap on a flight from Britain to the US with a bomb in his shoe, who never actually killed anyone, can not be considered a terrorist? Is he just someone with questionable taste in shoes then?

questionsable tastes in shoes? look my shoes are the bomb too but that doesn't mean i'm trying to kill anybody!:monkey1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back