Mezco One:12 - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked seeing the releases in this line. The figures released here were Mezco One:12's best work, IMO. It's a shame they basically decided to focus on Superheroes. I don't think that the skin tight costumes lend themselves too well to the bodies they're using.

Superheroes sell apparently. Pity though as QMX seem to be doing well enough with their classic Trek line, so it's not like there isn't a demand for Trek figures.

this line seems almost over- the $$$ are in superheroes- if Trek isn't selling big you can't blame Mezco

I likely would've bought some of these if they had offered Star Trek (2009) figures, since that's my Star Trek. It's a real shame Mezco abandoned this franchise because it was their best work in the line.

...Star Trek (2009)... since that's my Star Trek.

I still need to see it, but since you're a fan, I'm wondering if you have the trippy, anime-looking 2009 Play Arts Kirk and Spock? I just ordered them for dirt cheap on Amazon ($30 each!) despite having not seen the film, 'cause their unique aesthetic is intriguing and their accessories and articulation look cool.

https://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-kirk-spock-from-square-enix

They look like they stepped out of an episode of Aeon Flux.

And that still doesn’t confirm a thing. They still have a hefty backlog of figures they’ve shown but still aren’t solicited over a year later. It’s been two years for Darkseid.

Bones was supposed to be out by now, and I've asked, and asked Mezco on twitter and the silence is deafening. I'll never say never (again) but I think the lines dead Jim.

Really too bad if true O.M. I really want to support Mezco--I have 0 interest in the Superhero releases, however, I realize that is where the $ and support generally is...

Bones was supposed to be out by now, and I've asked, and asked Mezco on twitter and the silence is deafening. I'll never say never (again) but I think the lines dead Jim.

You’re wasting your time. They don’t respond on twitter about the one:12 line. Only about those dumb Living Dead dolls. I spoke to the guy through email that actually updates their twitter account and that’s what he told me after I posted/trolled them about the Classic Punisher.

So again, there is no confirmation the line dead...only anecdotal conjecture.

Mezco has indeed released a lot of figures but their release schedule has been horrible. So basing any of your conclusions on that is folly at best.

Back when kirk was still pre release, I tweeted them several times asking if we'd be seeing anything more from the line and they replied to me every time, teasing about both the chair and Bones. They were really proud of what they were going to show at SDCC and toyfair earlier this year. I brought up my concerns about the line over on Trektoy forum, and someone over there said that Mezco are sitting on A LOT of unsold Kirks and Sulus ... Make of that what you will......

Well, that only proves they’re liars as well...make of that what you will.

Until a company makes an official announcement, or all but confirms things in an interview like pulling a SSCs or Howard Chan by saying the line is on hold or hiatus, I’d just reserve any comment regarding it’s possible demise.

But that’s just my opinion, you guys have at it. I was just hoping someone had some actual info from Mezco.

Making Sulu before Bones and Scotty makes no sense and yeah I bet they have lots of unsold Sulus..

Making Sulu before Bones and Scotty makes no sense and yeah I bet they have lots of unsold Sulus..

Michael Crawford's take on that, which I agree with, was that it was intended as a sign to the consumer that Mezco was serious about the property and hoping to dig deeper than just the expected Kirk/Spock/McCoy.

In retrospect, the line might have fared better had they held off on variants and released McCoy before Sulu, but I respect what they were going for.

Here's a blast from the past for news. None of it good I'm afraid. Mezco replied to a tweet from none other than the Shat himself about how the line was doing, and they told him their Trek 'agreement' (odd choice of words) has ended. They did add a coda that they were 'hoping to work on more soon' but that seemed like an empty platitude because they were talking to the big man himself.

Back