Mezco One:12 - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics.

YOu already had the Dredd right?

Yes, I had the Dredd and their Miller Batman. I meant from the Star Trek line. I really think that it is on an entirely new level. Spock is a very impressive piece in this scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I tweeted Mezco again about why only Bones...... well, suffice to say their silence has been deafening. They couldn't reply fast enough when I asked if we'd see McCoy at toy fair, because they knew they going to show him....... my guess is that the good doctor might just be the last we see from this line. It's heartbreaking, there was so much potential.....

Yes, I had the Dredd and their Miller Batman. I meant from the Star Trek line. I really think that it is on an entirely new level. Spock is a very impressive piece in this scale.

Agreed. I chose these over the QMx...no regret at all.

...unless of course they never finish the bridge crew, give us some great villains and some red shirts.

So I tweeted Mezco again about why only Bones...... well, suffice to say their silence has been deafening. They couldn't reply fast enough when I asked if we'd see McCoy at toy fair, because they knew they going to show him....... my guess is that the good doctor might just be the last we see from this line. It's heartbreaking, there was so much potential.....

That's why I stopped following them on Twitter. Seemed like a waste of time. They never answered any questions I posed to them, and I was nice about it, and the small tidbits of info that they did manage to divulge generally got reported on some toy site first or very soon after. So I said, what's the point :huh

Kinda started reminding me of Scott Nietlich (sp?) and Matty Collector Q & A. Spend time reading through all those tweets for what basically was just a cut and paste, "Wait and See!" answer.

Agreed. I chose these over the QMx...no regret at all.

...unless of course they never finish the bridge crew, give us some great villains and some red shirts.

I picked up the QMX Kirk, also. Because I wanted one good TOS piece in my 1:6 case. But yeah, I feel like bang for the buck, especially if I intend to be a completionist, Mezco is definitely the way to go for collecting a TOS line. I'd be heartbroken if they stop with Bones but I am going to hold out and keep some faith in them. Bones, then Tribbles Kirk and then maybe a new reveal. I collect Threezero GOT line so I am not adverse to waiting a year between new figure reveals. XD

I do agree that McCoy being the only Trek figure revealed at the NY Toy Fair is disappointing. (I'd hoped for three figures again this year - Bones, Scotty and maybe a Klingon or a Gorn).

But - I think it's a big premature to call it quits just yet.

Clearly Mezco is juggling a lot of properties, and Trek won't be their primary focus. Let's face it - they'll likely make a lot more money from Marvel & DC characters.
It doesn't mean we won't get a new Trek figure from time to time - maybe just not at the pace we would like.

And remember, Mezco is under no obligation to tell you their plans, no matter how nicely you ask. They could have an entire series of other Trek figures planned, but have no intention of revealing them until they are good & ready. I'm sure I read somewhere that Mezco said there will be no more reveals this year until SDCC. Which means maybe, just maybe, there could be something Trekish then. Maybe.

Until I hear from Mezco themselves that they've lost interest in Trek, I'll choose to remain positive that we will continue to get more great figures.

Ummm...I don't think anyone said they were not doing anymore Trek figs. Just that it is disconcerting that there wasn't more shown. Of course there will be more figs shown at SDCC...that's a given. Everyone just hopes that there are more Trek figs in the wings.

I never said Mezco has any "obligation" to tell me sh|_|t. I just said that since they weren't really giving any information, it was a waste of my time asking questions or reading their company line responses to other people's questions...still a free country (I think) you are welcome to wait with baited breath for any and all their tweets if you wish. Just not my cup of tea anymore. And just for the record, anyone who has been collecting for more than a few years should know these companies are not going to give you a rundown of their planned release schedule. I certainly do and those are exactly the types of questions I Dont Ask.

You are missing the point. IF a company is going to open up social media contact with the fans, why not have some real info to divulge :huh If they are going to just follow the Matty Collector style of fan interaction, they'll soon learn, as Mattel did, that it will garner them more animosity than praise.

Take for instance Asmus. They don't tell the fans, "Hey! We are about to release this figure or that figure." But they do give pertinent info to the fans that converse with them like sneak peeks of figures they have announced and even some reasoning behind some of the challenges they face producing certain figures and even why production on a figure may not have exactly met their own standards, let alone the fan's.

Not too keen on the likeness but a Bones at this scale is very welcome. We need Scotty or a Red shirt for sure. It's no fun having an away team without red shirt victims.

Mezco-Toyz-2017-Toy-Fair-075.jpg

Whoa. Yeah, that likeness is disappointing.

I am happy for Mezco's success with the One:12 series, but between this likeness and my Spock's broken foot, I think I'll stick with Quantum Mechanix.

Of course, I cannot really afford the QMx figures, so I'll probably get Bones to complete the trifecta and then stop.

The likeness is there, they just need to darken the eyebrows for it to really show.

My camera phone washes out all the skin texture, however as my first mezco one:12 im very happy, it looks sweet with a little light-up Enterprise
35ac071c3c9fbc941f89e6220f29e135.jpg

Me too, just wish they'd release them a little bit quicker! I'm thinking we might see some new ones at SDCC, at least I'm hoping we do.

I agree, mezco has a messed up release schedule....hopefully they workout their production to make releases happen more regularly. Really hope the main cast gets released and then onto the next generation.

I agree, mezco has a messed up release schedule....hopefully they workout their production to make releases happen more regularly. Really hope the main cast gets released and then onto the next generation.

How about some aliens first? :)

Back