Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is the limit 6? Like, what individual would need 6 of these? An adult collector with 5 kids? Someone who wants to display a Punisher figure in each room of their home?

I didn't try to get this, so it's not salt, I'm just trying to understand the logic. They're limited regardless, so aftermarket value and hype will be there. Why not at least allow a greater range of fans to attain this figure by limiting it to 1?

I understand limited releases are intended to generate hype for the company. But the way Mezco goes about it is wrong in my opinion. They actively cater to flippers to generate hype.

Why is the limit 6? Like, what individual would need 6 of these? An adult collector with 5 kids? Someone who wants to display a Punisher figure in each room of their home?

I didn't try to get this, so it's not salt, I'm just trying to understand the logic. They're limited regardless, so aftermarket value and hype will be there. Why not at least allow a greater range of fans to attain this figure by limiting it to 1?

I understand limited releases are intended to generate hype for the company. But the way Mezco goes about it is wrong in my opinion. They actively cater to flippers to generate hype.

Yeah I don't get it either, from what I've been told before its because they get them shipped in cases of six so all Mezco does is slaps a different sticker on it and ship it out.

Yeah I don't get it either, from what I've been told before its because they get them shipped in cases of six so all Mezco does is slaps a different sticker on it and ship it out.

So its because they are lazy and don’t want to re-box them all.

I’m not going to lie. I bought more than one with hopes of trading for figures I didn’t get last time. Plus in the panic of trying to get the order in I figured it maximized my chances of getting at least one.

If scalpers are grabbing six I figured at least I’m on here with other collectors doing trades at retail value with any extras. I missed the last few batman exclusives and hated paying over market for a figure - Black and gold AK for instance.

This one worked out for me because I happened to be home today watching Tom Jones videos on YouTube.

Next time maybe someone else grabs some extras and offers them up here for fair trades.

At this point I’m interested in coming up with unspeakable metaphors to describe both the abused and used mezco website on days like this plus the putrid frustration the mezco team endures on exclusive days with crap hitting the fan on the website - only to see the exclusives up on eBay at 3x to 5x multiples within the hour meanwhile mezco HQ is out of coffee and sugar in the pantry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just never understood the large minimum quantity allowed to purchase. I actually sold my classic punisher because I felt someone needed it more than I did. I figured Mezco would do a variant at some point. Then today this mess. Not gonna be all sour grapes but it does make choices easier when allocating funds and patronizing companies. If you are going to allow 6 then you may as well sell to online retailers.

I’m also ordering extras to trade for times like this where I completely miss out. So I will have an extra purple Catwoman or Batman Beyond to trade for this Punisher if anyone would be down.

I've missed so many Mezco releases lately. Catwoman, Batman Beyond, Ascending Knight--all nice, but there was always something that held me back. This looked perfect. Ordered one for display, and one for kitbashes.

Ask this guy.

First time I’ve ever done anything like this, but I got 6. Had the cash. Now let’s see what happens.

Basically. Good way to lose fans. Especially if your website can't handle the traffic, screwing potential buyers over even if they happen to be available to order during the 30 minute window.

That joke. Everybody was pissed with their first exclusive Classic Punisher, so they make another one, just as limited and with the same sale method. Way to go, Mezco.

Scalpers can’t sell high if people don’t buy high. At some point they will want their money back or have to sit on figs they can’t sell. Patience will win out everytime.
Unless it’s 60 years later and becomes vintage. Lol

After this fiasco today, it's clear that Mezco is trolling us. There's no other explanation for such absurd practices (Tiger stripe wolverine, two classic punishers).

The more I read people complain about this, the more I side with Mezco on this topic.

A limit of 6 is perfectly reasonable, and there is no way to keep scalpers from working around smaller limits if they want to.

People are given dates for drops, and people fail to be there or are too slow with the clicks, it's entirely on them, (inb4 dude I was working or whatever).

It's like they're new to toy collecting or hot item drops.

Back