Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In your opinions, what is the better overall figure, the Mezco DKR batman or the DOJ?

Newer figures have better bodies, the elbow and neck joints in particular have improved a lot. Suit complexity is better for sure, and of course Tony knows a lot more than me about sculpting and stitching.

Against the DKR: the cape attachment is very rudimentary and relatively fragile, but most collectors won't put stress on it, so you don't hear many complaints. Elbow joints are also a weak point because the gauntlet stops any bend greater than 90 degrees, and while the feet are broad enough to provide very stable stances without a stand, the ankle joints themselves suck. Finally, the accessories are very basic compared to the newer stuff, paint quality is much worse.

Where DKR beats out most other Mezco figures is the design and overall quality. Because the suit is simple, they got almost all of it right. The colours look great, the fabric doesn't hinder the articulation significantly, and the stylised sculpt captures the character very well. The later figures' sculpts are more technically impressive, absolutely, but because they're either attempts to capture real people (which even Hot Toys hasn't perfected) or Mezco reinterpretations of characters, few other sculpts compare so favourably to the source material. I think the cape is a standout feature on its own; I have never seen a better cape in this scale, not even on later Mezco figures. Most 1/6 capes don't compare either.

What everyone is forgetting about DKR is the price when it released. Part of why people praised it so highly was that it cost $65 and shipping, so you'd get a super high-quality toy for $75 or so. That value proposition goes out the window today. Sure it's a great figure at $65, and I'd say it still excellent at $90. Is it worth it at all at $150, $200? Absolutely not lol.

Here are my recommendations. If you can get the DKR at $90-100 or a little more, I'd go that route. It's taller and scales better with other non-movie Mezco figures, and the look of the design is brilliant. But it's not worth $150+ for worse design. People still love the DoJ and it's a great figure especially if you can get it cheaper. Finally, if you're going the custom route, get the DoJ. For customs, you just want the best body and joints out of the two, and you can replace the areas where DoJ is a weaker design than DKR (cape, headsculpt, potentially suit) and keep the improvements in articulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got Suicide Squad Harley in tonight. I'll get the negatives out of the way first:

1. While it would've impeded articulation, I wish Mezco engineered the holster to be attached to her. It looks nice but doesn't sit naturally when she's wearing the jacket.
2. The box is garbage. Buy this one to play with. The box is a complete disservice to the figure.

Onto the good:

My reaction to the box presentation led to a negative initial impression of the portraits. But after I pulled out the Mafex and Figuarts versions to compare, this held up very well. The laughing one for the Figuarts version is in a league of its own, so let's get real about the Mezco version matching favorably. Other than that, I'd rank them as so:

Laughing portrait:
1. Figuarts
2. Mezco
3 Mafex

Closed smile:
1. Mezco
2. Mafex
3. Figuarts

Bubblegum:

1. Mezco (better likeness, although I like the Mafex one's ability to be displayed just as an angry portrait by removing the bubble.)
2. Mafex

The only thing throwing off Mezco's likeness in all three is how the bangs frame her face, making the forehead seem too "defined." The hair sculpts themselves are the least toy-ish of the three, so the trade-off in-hand works for my money in terms of looking more like a mini-Margot, especially with the fabric outfit.

While I was afraid the shirt would be too elasticky/fickle to cover the hip joint, it does just fine. The shiny sculpted jacket on the Mafex pops the most, but overall the mixed media and accessories on the 1:12 are my favorite. And, as much as I love the curves on the Figuarts version, the Mafex version has the most screen accurate proportions but the 1:12 one bests it in terms of conveying her stature. This makes me wish Mezco would make the rest of the squad, as much as I wasn't a fan of the film (the characters saved an otherwise unwatchable experience.)

I'm very happy with the figure. I expected to just switch out the heads with one of the other companies', but I sincerely doubt it now.

I've gotten into a few disagreements on Facebook about capes and wondered what the other Freaks out here think. Wired or unwired? I used to be firmly in favour of wired capes, but after seeing a few really good free-flowing capes on Mezco's DKR Batman, I think wiring kind of ruins the artistry of a well-tailored cape. If the fabric and cut are good enough that the cape drapes and flows realistically on its own, I want to see that! Wiring feels like more of a custom option you use to rescue a less-than-perfect cape.

I have the chance to get either the Mezco one:12 Superman or Shazam and I wanted to get opinions about them from those who have both. My fave character has always been Superman, however I think Shazam is a better figure and I love both characters. Since I can only go by photos I thought I would ask someone who owns both.

I have the chance to get either the Mezco one:12 Superman or Shazam and I wanted to get opinions about them from those who have both. My fave character has always been Superman, however I think Shazam is a better figure and I love both characters. Since I can only go by photos I thought I would ask someone who owns both.

Get Captain Marvel, there will be other, and better Superman figures.

I'm even considering dropping my PO of Red Son, but I doubt he'll ever be redone.

I can't even think of a flaw on the Red Cheese. I thinks some had issues with the crotch area of the suit but it wasnt' anything I noticed. It's a Mez that I'm thinking of getting a double of.

I would get both, if not, then I would get superman(sorry to buck the order)--all of mezco 1/12 figs are the ****!!!(great) IMG_5637.jpg

With respect to the 1:12 line, I feel like a young kid on Christmas eve--When I think of this line.

I've gotten into a few disagreements on Facebook about capes and wondered what the other Freaks out here think. Wired or unwired? I used to be firmly in favour of wired capes, but after seeing a few really good free-flowing capes on Mezco's DKR Batman, I think wiring kind of ruins the artistry of a well-tailored cape. If the fabric and cut are good enough that the cape drapes and flows realistically on its own, I want to see that! Wiring feels like more of a custom option you use to rescue a less-than-perfect cape.

To me, preferably unwired.

But I don't like mid action poses.
I like cool standing or ready for action poses. The wires can give a nice wind flowing feeling on a cape, but I mostly like them just draping regularly, which usually looks better unwired.

But that is. A matter of preference, imo, there is no "better option" per see. Also, above all, I prefer the cape to be well tailored. I'll take a good wired cape over a bad unwired one every time.

Back