Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief that smiling head looks like so weird.

I think I’m going to pass. I like how they tried to sculpt Reeve’s physique under the suit, and I don’t hate the standard head, but I don’t think I really need to upgrade from the NECA. I might change my mind eventually.

Reeves did look strange with his smile

You take that back! He looked like a sly dog, not a creep peeking through a kindergarten fence. :lol

E5R9DHO.jpg

Last edited:
:lol :lol :lol ^

The S is on this pic. They edited this pic. It wasn't there when the preorders began. Looks like they photoshopped one on.

I'm guessing it will be there in the final production piece.

View attachment 487432

Oooof. Looks like they took lessons from Hot Toys on how to make the neck and head interaction as ugly as possible. And the smiling head is indeed awful. Maybe I'll pass.

The smile sculpt isn?t that bad

Reeves did look strange with his smile

I think in hand it will look better..Mezco is pretty good with the head sculpts :dunno

Agree. It may look OK in hand. Also have to remember how tiny he is and MEZ does a good job on paint and sculpting on this scale.

That said would have preferred the mad sculpt for flying pose.

09796466-EAC5-461D-AAA5-2D635C5DFFA0.jpeg

I'll wait for BBTS.

Still available at the site

Those on the fence better get the orders in because I don?t see BBTS listing this yet..They may not get it. The Batman 89 for BBTS showed up after an hour or two when Mezco put it up originally

I wonder if they're waiting for Mezco's site to sell out. Didn't they wait until Keaton Bats went out of stock then dropped their listing with a marked-up price?

Interesting someone on Twitter mentioned the Reeve Sups might originally might’ve been a SDCC exclusive ( of course SDCC got canceled ) so this might explain how this version came out so quickly out of the blue

I was in the rush as well. Tried my Credit Card multiple times, even made sure twice during this that the info was right, and then the first time I tried Paypal it worked. WTH? XD

Also, it's not everything I would've hoped for, but it's FINALLY a new Mezco Superman and I just needed one for the JL setup I'm trying to do. Though kinda surprised I was wrong about this being more popular than the exclusive Wonder Woman. It's over 12 hours since the PO went up and it's still available!

This looks like crap to me. The smiling head doesn't look very good and the regular head has no life to it whatsoever.

I think the NECA head looks better. I have the 1/6 Hot Toys Reeve, 1/4 NECA Reeve and 1/10 NECA Reeve, do I really need this? Also, '89 Batman came with a buttload of stuff and three whole heads. Why is this Superman more?

After mulling over it last night, then waking up and seeing it's still up for pre-order (unlike Keaton Batman, which Sold Out in a couple of hours), I decided, what the heck, and ordered two of them. :lol

So I was looking at the Mezco figures that I have, the Dark Knight Returns Batman variants, BvS Batman, the Ascending Knight and the Sovereign Knight variants and I realized they haven't really made any bad figures. I was comparing those aforementioned figures to their solicitation order pics, and the final in hand products were better.

I'll take a gamble on this one. It definitely doesn't look complete at all. Most of the images are filtered, blurry, with tons of photoshop going on, but there's a good chance the final product will be a game changer. I'm not going to risk it.

If it sucks when I get it and open it up, I'll just sell it off. That's what I plan on doing with '89 Batman if he sucks. That's the nice thing about Mezco and their solicitation pics I guess. It's definitely a surprise what the final figure will end up being like.

After mulling over it last night, then waking up and seeing it's still up for pre-order (unlike Keaton Batman, which Sold Out in a couple of hours), I decided, what the heck, and ordered two of them. :lol

So I was looking at the Mezco figures that I have, the Dark Knight Returns Batman variants, BvS Batman, the Ascending Knight and the Sovereign Knight variants and I realized they haven't really made any bad figures. I was comparing those aforementioned figures to their solicitation order pics, and the final in hand products were better.

I'll take a gamble on this one. It definitely doesn't look complete at all. Most of the images are filtered, blurry, with tons of photoshop going on, but there's a good chance the final product will be a game changer. I'm not going to risk it.

If it sucks when I get it and open it up, I'll just sell it off. That's what I plan on doing with '89 Batman if he sucks. That's the nice thing about Mezco and their solicitation pics I guess. It's definitely a surprise what the final figure will end up being like.

I have a few Mezco figures, and so far haven't been disappointed. I think this one will turn out better than 89 Batman.

I just saw the price on this. What a joke. So glad I've mostly weened myself off of Mezco stuff besides the random horror figure that can be had for under retail on eBay. Only outstanding orders I have at this point are John Wick, which I am likely just going to move on, and the 89 Batman. Between the nightmare of ordering off their site plus the increasing prices, I just can't see the value anymore.

I kinda disagree they haven’t made bad figures, actually, I have some (BW Frankenstein, Spidey, BvS Bats and Supes, Classic Supes and comics Dr Strange), and so far, I think the only effort they made was Frankie and Strange. The bodies kinda suck and have wonky proportions, the paint job is minimal (check other brands and Manniple for comparison). They were the first, the most prolific, but they are the worst imho.

I kinda disagree they haven’t made bad figures, actually, I have some (BW Frankenstein, Spidey, BvS Bats and Supes, Classic Supes and comics Dr Strange), and so far, I think the only effort they made was Frankie and Strange. The bodies kinda suck and have wonky proportions, the paint job is minimal (check other brands and Manniple for comparison). They were the first, the most prolific, but they are the worst imho.

I just meant of the ones I own, which are all Batman.

I only own two Mezco figures: Wolverine with hat and jacket, and Pennywise. I was really impressed with the latter, great detailing and proportions. Especially for a 1/12 figure, Pennywise looks much better to me than the 1/6 QMX prototype ever did.

I didn't like Mezco's previous Superman or Batman figures, they all look too short and stubby, they've definitely improved proportions over the years.

FobmuhI.jpg

I really like the neutral sculpt in this photo. That looks just like CR. Even the smiley face doesn't look too bad. I think it's the bottom lip or the teeth that makes it look a bit strange.

The suit look too big here, but looking at all their previous figures with tight costumes, the final product will fine. I'm excited. I've got this guy, Popeye/Bluto set, 89 Batman and Conan the Barbarian preordered. Now if we can get a good Beetlejuice, The Tick (cartoon/comic), Miami Vice, and Drive (film) figures, I'd be set for a long time.

This looks like crap to me. The smiling head doesn't look very good and the regular head has no life to it whatsoever.

I think the NECA head looks better. I have the 1/6 Hot Toys Reeve, 1/4 NECA Reeve and 1/10 NECA Reeve, do I really need this? Also, '89 Batman came with a buttload of stuff and three whole heads. Why is this Superman more?

This looks like crap, wakes up next day, I'll take 2. :lol

I totally understand it though, I go a few weeks or months saying I don't really need something in my collection and then I see a picture or a deal on it and I reconsider it again. :gah:

Back