Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa boy $169.99 for superman at BBTS :slap

a $17 NRD

:pfft:

Sometimes the crap Mezco puts us through when ordering might be worth it

BBTS is gouging us with the base cost being more than the total cost (tax and shipping included ) for Mezco's order :horror

Last edited:
$20 more than Batman was. Because newer?

it's a sham..$170 without tax and shipping when Mezco total all together is $151:lecture

As i thought the BeetleJuice is a mega scale version ..got the email on the preorder :thud:

Last edited:

a $17 NRD

BBTS is gouging us with the base cost being more than the total cost (tax and shipping included ) for Mezco's order :horror

lol gouging? They're ordering from Mezco just the same as you and I had to. Mezco doesn't distribute their exclusives to people, they pay full price+tax+shipping. They still have to make a profit on them too, or else they'd be a free middleman.

$20 more than Batman was. Because newer?

Keaton Batman was $110, not $125. So it cost them $15+tax more per figure, round up to $20.

If they're not getting a wholesale price on their stock then it's fair enough. I was more wondering, though failed to clarify this in any way, if Mezco were charging more for Superman than Batman (which would obviously mean he'd be correspondingly more expensive on BBTS)

They just posted a pic of a Beetlejuice Mega Scale figure. Not that long ago they did this same thing by posting a Shining gif of Jack and then revealed later it was a living dead doll. Mezco media team be trolling.

Haha that’s great, Mezco. Got us yet again.

tenor.gif

a $17 NRD

We're almost paying HT prices for a 6 inch figure? WTF happened to this thing of ours?

The new '78 Superman looking good. I'd not gotten around to attaining a Reeve Superman, but this one is enticing. The classic costume looks super.

Same with the Pink Skull Chaos Club. I've seen some go for upwards of $500. I got mine thinking to use them as Joker thugs, but getting more tempted to sell and just take the money.

Why? Why do people like those Gomez figures? Am I missing something?

Posing and having fun with figures, taking pics, plus some cool designs like Baron Bends. It's like with 1/6 stuff and lots of people eventually get into 'the hobby' well beyond just wanting to have a figure representing favorite characters on their shelves. Like with customs and modding to make them perfectly screen accurate instead of just being happy thinking 'that looks good!' For instance there's a run for a custom Alan Grant figure on customonesixth.com and whoever is making his timberland boots is making PERFECT looking boots at 1/6, but they cost over $300 lol. Like your Alan Grant figure's boots don't need to be that good unless you're way, way into the hobby taking it to perfect 1/6 modeling territory.

Same with the Pink Skull Chaos Club. I've seen some go for upwards of $500. I got mine thinking to use them as Joker thugs, but getting more tempted to sell and just take the money.

My problem is they're barely less than licensed figures, if they were cheaper like $60-65 they'd sell tons for goons, which is why I want them too. But Mezco still wants them to be limited and expensive, there's less than 2,000 of the Lone Roach if I remember right. There's 2000 of the Pink Skulls, but 3x, so 6,000 total. I bought one set and sold 2 off so I have one to keep.

Overall, I gotta say: I’m digging Supes, but it’s amazing to me how Mezco, who pride themselves on doing their own take, when it comes to comic figures are so derivative when it comes to the movie stuff. The Keaton Bats is pretty much a total rip of the DX 09, right down to their ****ty decision to go back and give him a completely rubber bodysuit and, with the exception of the smiling head, this guy’s pretty much the same deal, with the Kryptonite chain and the Fortress base, only “ours lights up.”

Like, don’t get me wrong, it’s cool as **** to see ANY new Reeve stuff, and I‘m definitely getting one, but I look at the smiling head and, as someone who’s always dreamt of seeing someone do Reeve’s ****-eating grin in figure form, I think it speaks to the limitations of the scale how unappealing it is. It’s not even a bad likeness, but they just can’t seem to deliver the detail to pull it off. I feel like a straight-forward smirk may have been the better choice for 1/12th, and for the price? Honestly, I’d have greatly preferred they actually try and differentiate themselves by giving us Clark Kent stuff instead of the HT rehash, again.

Hell, at this scale, where they aren’t painting individual hair strands, they probably could’ve gotten away with interchangeable hairpieces or some **** so both heads could be presented with the combover and fedora. I dunno, I’m hyped. I guess I was just hoping for more.

Back