Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orange dude, I'm still waiting for you to point out my contradiction...

I think you need to read that again.
No, I didn't misread and built an argument based on Mego vs Mezco.

Go gack. Read again.

Did you miss that point, again making jackets , t shirt, short sleeve, or long sleeve short, short pants, long pants over and over and over and over again--you better get-excellent at doing that. In short, if they haven't got proficient at doing the same thing over and over and over again--something is wrong--and making it for the same figure over and over again is not difficult nor does it show great skill.
I didn't miss the point, you did, again.

How they got proficient isn't the point, the point is that they are, and it was in fact one of my points, that they are proficient on sheer experience. Especially when you take into consideration the fact that they transitioned from 1/6 to 1/12 almost seamlessly if not completely seamlessly, and Mezco can't do cargo pants after 3 years yet, so that pretty much nullifies your point there.

And like I said, they do other body bucks not so often, yet with the same tight results.

Again, 3A bodies are simple with no ankle articulation--poses with figures with no ankle articulation relegates them to a standing straight up pose, or a pose laying the figure on its back--that's not an action figure--it's a statue. Furthermore, it is also a wast of R&D if you engineer intricate joints that you can't use, they wasted there money . Dose this prove you wrong--yes. The question is will you accept it.
Actually, now that I remember it.

Both bodies have the exact same structure, the only difference is that the std 3A body is skinn and has far better motion range in each joint.

I don't know if you've ever owned a 3A figure, you basically have an import Spiderman with every body, the bodies can do stuff Mezco Spiderman can't even dream of.

Sorry buddy, I've been right every since I first had this debate with justaguy, I relented out of courtesy but that hasn't changed.

Can't believe we are even discussing 3a 1/12 vs Mezco.... 3a are cool for what they are and they make nice clothing but compared to Mezco overal they are archaic with lousy articulation and no interchangeable parts or accessories.....3a is past its prime and Ashley wood is out of ideas.
Again, the articulation in std 3A bodies is better, this is a fact.

I agree with everything else.

Also, everything in 3A figures is interchangeable, the kitbashing aspect was a very prominent part of the community.

You can in fact interchange every single part of any figure with another, including the outfits, from the get go without any modding required.

Last edited:
in comparing 1/12 bodies-
threeA's 1/12 body is a scaled down 1/6 buck, literally. the Hot Toys knock off bod i think.
mezco developed a new buck specifically for their 1/12 line.

i think the threea bods have more range but also feel very flimsy and easy to break, the mezcos may not have that range but close and feel heavy/sturdy and solid.

i get that type of comparison or comparing the level of tailoring but comparing threeA's Ash Wood stylized looks vs Mezco tweaked standard non-stylized offerings is just silly. its dif markets all together.

dam toys gangsters kingdom vs enterbay scarface. both are gangster type figure but one is intentionally stylized where other is not. all will have a opinion on which is better to them etc but you cant really compare cuz they are not meant to be, both dif directions intentionally.

I'm comparing 3A to Mezco only in production values since for some reason the discussion went this direction, again.

Not accounting for style choices.

in comparing 1/12 bodies-
threeA's 1/12 body is a scaled down 1/6 buck, literally. the Hot Toys knock off bod i think.
mezco developed a new buck specifically for their 1/12 line.

i think the threea bods have more range but also feel very flimsy and easy to break, the mezcos may not have that range but close and feel heavy/sturdy and solid.

i get that type of comparison or comparing the level of tailoring but comparing threeA's Ash Wood stylized looks vs Mezco tweaked standard non-stylized offerings is just silly. its dif markets all together.

dam toys gangsters kingdom vs enterbay scarface. both are gangster type figure but one is intentionally stylized where other is not. all will have a opinion on which is better to them etc but you cant really compare cuz they are not meant to be, both dif directions intentionally.

3A bodies can't hold a pose once they are clothed, they have no ankle articulation--this makes the articulation worthless.

3A bodies can't hold a pose once they are clothed, they have no ankle articulation--this makes the articulation worthless.

it depends on the figure, the ones w/o are the ones in boots. the 1/12 tomorrow kings have ball joint ankle artic same as their 1/6 counter parts.

also keep in mind threea were doin their 1/12 clothed figs years and years ago(like 2010 the first 1/12 nom de plume), wayyyy before mezco. mezco have had the benefit of comin in much later and improving on wht was already in market for 1/12 clothed figures.

they created a buck for 1/12, threeA did not they scaled down a 1/6 body.

Wrong again.

3A bodies do have ankle articulation, they are in fact, built for it, and much better than Mezco's mostly useless ankles.

And they can also hold a pose, I could do a kicking pose with both my fighting JC and my Kyuuketsuki and they would stand on one foot.

I'm sure you can do it with Mezco too though, it's all in the poser's ability this one.

I think I have a leftover 3A body from a failed custom lying around, if I find it I'll post some pics.

also keep in mind threea were doin their 1/12 clothed figs years and years ago(like 2010 the first 1/12 nom de plume), wayyyy before mezco. mezco have had the benefit of comin in much later and improving on wht was already in market for 1/12 clothed figures.
And they didn't even improve one what was already there :lol

They haven't even been able to catch up to what 3A did like 10 years ago.

can see body striped down here, jeeeebus that fett was impressive.

https://radtoyreview.com/2012/07/10/review-3as-sdcc-2011-action-portable-boba-fett-prototype/

And they didn't even improve one what was already there :lol

They haven't even been able to catch up to what 3A did like 10 years ago.

i disagree simply cuz i.e. mezco made boots in two pieces to allow artic of foot/ankle, thats a huge step forward that threea totally screwed up..

also bods are much more durable to handle than threeA's. threeA scaled down 1/6 figs for a new line size w/o that much thought to changing execution where mezco had no line to scale down 1/12 was goal initially and engineered it as such.

Gas Guy - I already said I retract my contradiction statement since I missed your “often” regarding scaling. Had you said imports are true 1/12 then the contradiction would have been that Storm Collectibles (being an import CO) is not true 1/12 scale and even more oversized than American lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong again.

3A bodies do have ankle articulation, they are in fact, built for it, and much better than Mezco's mostly useless ankles.

And they can also hold a pose, I could do a kicking pose with both my fighting JC and my Kyuuketsuki and they would stand on one foot.

I'm sure you can do it with Mezco too though, it's all in the poser's ability this one.

I think I have a leftover 3A body from a failed custom lying around, if I find it I'll post some pics.

No I'm not wrong, even with the tomorrow Kings, the body is a stick figure which is not on par with mezco's body. Hot Toys bodies--Arkham Batman--worthless.

yeah its small and flimsy at that scale cuz again they did that YEARS ago simply scaled down a 1/6. its was just a new size line for them, a novelty. but they proved there is interest in market for 1/12 clothed figures and there is no denying how innovative that was from them or how great the tailoring was, it was unimaginable before they did it so well. clothes fitting so well at that scale.

mezco from jump engineered their bodies at 1/12 size so of course they will be better IMO.

Gas Guy - I already said I retract my contradiction statement since I missed your “often” regarding scaling. Had you said imports are true 1/12 then the contradiction would have been that Storm Collectibles (being an import CO) is not true 1/12 scale and even more oversized than American lines.
Ah, fair enough, your post confused me.

And yeah, SC is super oversized, they're literally NECA size, I've emailed the SC guys about it, that they should change the denomination to 7", but no response so far.

No I'm not wrong, even with the tomorrow Kings, the body is a stick figure which is not on par with mezco's body. Hot Toys bodies--Arkham Batman--worthless.

Oh wow I did find 2 discarded figures in a fodder box :lol care to have a posing contest? Any Mezco figure you want, any pose you want.

iaAqBe5.jpg

Oh would you looks at that, ankles that work!!!

FVxaFyJ.jpg

Yeah whatever, I'm done arguing, should we stop? I'll concede that Mezco bodies feel chunky and nice, much better feeling than 3A bodies, but 3A bodies are build to put clothes on them and make them look good.

Posing contest is still on though, I'm confident this 3 year old body can still pull off better poses than the upcoming Mezco Spidey.

And yeah, SC is super oversized, they're literally NECA size, I've emailed the SC guys about it, that they should change the denomination to 7", but no response so far.

Oh wow I did find 2 discarded figures in a fodder box :lol care to have a posing contest? Any Mezco figure you want, any pose you want.

iaAqBe5.jpg

FVxaFyJ.jpg

Yeah whatever, I'm done arguing, should we stop? I'll concede that Mezco bodies feel chunky and nice, much better feeling than 3A bodies, but 3A bodies are build to put clothes on them and make them look good.

Posing contest is still on though, I'm confident this 3 year old body can still pull off better poses than the upcoming Mezco Spidey.

Stick figureIMG_0155.jpg

"Ankles that work"

You neglected to mention their horrible propensity to fall off every time a butterfly in an adjacent hemisphere flaps its wings...

"has no ankle joint"
posts a pic showing ankle joints
"its a stick figure!"

yup gaspar, you are wasting your time :rotfl

"Ankles that work"

You neglected to mention their horrible propensity to fall off every time a butterfly in an adjacent hemisphere flaps its wings...

yeah again cuz they scale down a 1/6 body its joints dont work as well so small, no doubt

"Ankles that work"

That one's been stored for like 3 years, pulled it out and posed to what you see, tight enough to stand on one foot.

Haven't come across that problem myself but I have read about it.

IMG_5712.jpg

iaAqBe5.jpg

FVxaFyJ.jpg

No, but if you want to have an aesthetics contest--I'm in, or an overall best contest, I'm in!!!IMG_5712.jpgIMG_5710.jpgIMG_5710.jpg

Back