Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Darkseid but also plan on getting Catwoman and Batman Beyond. For Catwoman I've never really been a huge fan of the black leather look, and while I love Batman Beyond I think Mezco really went overboard with those weird 'panel lines' looking things.

THANK YOU. I've been harping on about this ever since we saw the figure; we didn't need panel lines all over the mask.

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), px exclusives (John Stewart, guy gardener, Kyle rayner)
Aquaman (comic - short haired)
Mera (comic)
Sinestro
TDKR Superman
disagree, John Stewart regular relase, Hal Jordan mezco exclusive or PX relase. John Stewart extremely popular after JL cartoon. Green Lantern Movie arguably a flop--one reason fans wanting to see Stewart as staring character.

If they only didn't do so much Mezflair they could easily be the best toy line.

The mezflair and bad design choices are so bad that that knocks them down from best toy line, to best sporadic figure.

The mezflair and bad design choices are so bad that that knocks them down from best toy line, to best sporadic figure.

:exactly: and also fix the ankle articulation

Best sporadic toy line is still consistently better then what is out there.

Not at all, not by a long shot.

It's not even the best 1/12th scale toy line, much less among all scales.

They could be, easily, with some minor adjustments in their approach.

Which line/lines do you think is/are better?
SHF Dragon Ball or Star Wars come to mind.

They really are marginally better than each other, if you go figure by figure there are a couple of Mezco figures that are best of, but when there are comparable figures or features Mezco doesn't fare so well more often than not, like Harley, Deadpool, Spiderman, etc etc, hell, even Neca's Ash looks much better than Mezco's.

Features in general Mezco is not the best of by any means, articulation? Marvel Legends or pretty much any import line outclasses it easily, soft goods? 3A is much better, rightfully so due to sheer experience, sculpt and paint? Even NECA has it beat, even more if you consider likenes, even more when you consider the pricepoint.

And that's only in 1/12th.

It would be really easy for Mezco to take over just making a few adjustments to their asthetics, but they're so stubborn.

if you go figure by figure there are a couple of Mezco figures that are best of, but when there are comparable figures or features Mezco doesn't fare so well more often than not, like Harley, Deadpool, Spiderman, etc etc, hell, even Neca's Ash looks much better than Mezco's.

Ha I would have said it the other way around, generally Mezco figures are the best, and some occasions, they get beaten. FiguArts Harley Quinn is a good example.
Still, ever since I swapped Harley's SHF head on my Mezco figure, I just look at this figure hybrid Mezco Figuarts figure. I never look at my Harley FiguArts.
I guess I like the clothes too much.

For me it's really come down to this: well-made clothes on figures = classy. All plastic = something designed for a child. It's really how I'm processing this right now.

I agree Figuarts offer more articulation points over Mezco, but when it comes down to touching the figure, and aesthetics, I feel Mezco is the clear winner.

The strong point of SHF is the licences they have. In this scale, if we talk articulated figures, they offer the best Star Wars figures and the best Dragon Ball figures on the market. But if Mezco ever gets the Star Wars licence, it's going to be an interesting battle.

The Star Wars Figuarts are not so good except for the 3D printing technology. Like when you look at the first version of Kylo Ren, there's not much things going on over cheaper figures of Kylo Ren. They should really start doing fully clothed figures.
What's really adding to the FiguArts is when you have a good headsculpt with that 3D printing technology. Rey for example, is a good looking figure because of the headsculpt, you recognize Daisy Ridley right away. I'm considering getting their upcoming Anakin from Episode III. Even Dooku probably.
I got Jaina Solo from Hasbro recently and I thought it was almost on par with what FiguArts offer, except it's much cheaper. Sure the paint app isn't as good as FiguArts, but it's close enough for such a cheap figure. I really find FiguArts overpriced.

As for ThreeA we already had this debate, I find the quality of their cloth material not on par with Mezco. The tailoring is a lot different too. And sadly they are a bit too small. But what they have going on is that it's very stylized, it's very different from anything else on the market. For better or worse. Personally, I'm not a fan.

I also feel this Mezco One:12 line is the only one that offers a coherence when you have a lot of figures standing next to each other. They all look like they belong with each other, they all add something and complement the other figures. Something I haven't seen in other toy lines.

Well made clothes could look classy, like with 3A, but most of the time with Mezco they look megoish, and the megoish proportions and huge fabric scale don't help.

Even with the SHF head, Mezco Harley's body still looks like a Barbie doll.

I look at them as toys, all of them, Mezco is as much of a toy as any import.

I don't see Mezco doing a good job with Star Wars, the clothing is much more intrincate, I don't see Mezco achieving what 3A did with that Boba Fett prototype any time soon, which only goes to show, again, that Mezco hasn't caught to what 3A already did like 4 years ago, but it's only a matter of time. Not to mention, the likeness with Mezco is often terrible, even worse than the bad ones with SHF.

About the coherence, most lines are coherent within themselves.

SHF Dragon Ball or Star Wars come to mind.

They really are marginally better than each other, if you go figure by figure there are a couple of Mezco figures that are best of, but when there are comparable figures or features Mezco doesn't fare so well more often than not, like Harley, Deadpool, Spiderman, etc etc, hell, even Neca's Ash looks much better than Mezco's.

Features in general Mezco is not the best of by any means, articulation? Marvel Legends or pretty much any import line outclasses it easily, soft goods? 3A is much better, rightfully so due to sheer experience, sculpt and paint? Even NECA has it beat, even more if you consider likenes, even more when you consider the pricepoint.

And that's only in 1/12th.

It would be really easy for Mezco to take over just making a few adjustments to their asthetics, but they're so stubborn.

Just to clairfiy:

Are you saying that SHF's Harley is better than Mezco? If so on what grounds?
Who's Dead pool is better then Mezco's?
Who's Spider-Man is better than Mezco's?

Mezco is best over all in all classes--

Just to clairfiy:

Are you saying that SHF's Harley is better than Mezco? If so on what grounds?
Who's Dead pool is better then Mezco's?
Who's Spider-Man is better than Mezco's?
Yes, much better, better proportions, better sculpt, better likeness, better articulation, much better butt. Mezco Harley is just embarrasing, Mafex' is also better.
Mezco's Deadpool is equally bad, duck feet, subpart articulation, ugly mego-ish onesie, bad design, and the headsculpt is also pretty ugly.
Marvel Legends and Revoltech Deadpool are better options.

Same goes for Spidey, Revoltech Spidey is much much better.

Mezco is best over all in all classes--
Nope. They're best from time to time, when they're not best, they're easily outclassed by other lines.

IMO Mezco is doing way better than both of those lines currently. I think when argung which toy lines are better we must factor in all variables as a whole, not just individually. For example, Marvel Legends does in some cases have better articulation, but you also have lackluster-non-existent paint, weak accessories and general laziness and inconsistencies on Hasbros part. If it weren't for the vast character selection I dont think they'd be as coveted. When you factor in all of these I still put Mezco on top.

SHF DBZ is a great line but the paint is pretty lackluster and the character selection is a mess. Not to mention the annoyingly small scale they use. They are certainly the best DBZ figures you can get but tbh no one else i even really competing with them.

SHF Star Wars is inconsistent, I wouldnt call it the best by any means other than articulation. The wierd scale they use makes many of them incompatible with Black Series and their selection is again on the weak side. The face printing looks good mot of the time but they make wierd design choices and their refusal to use soft goods has crippled figures like TFA Kylo. We still dont even have a Leia but we've gotten multiple Vaders and two Kylos?

3a does the cloth better and has been doing it a longer time but their 'flair' goes much further than Mezcos to ridiculous extents. I mean that Stormtrooper they released looks awesome but what do I do with that? Hes got cargo pants and sneakers, its cool but it seems made to fit into one design element and thats it. Plus 3A figures are way more expensive and have such limited releases its hard to even tell whats available.

Every line has its flaws but feel like for the price you pay Mezco does it better. I dont mind the Mez Flair as much as others because many artists in comics will add their own flair and little design elements anyway. Also with the mindset that Mezco has for this line where each character is supposed to be like the archetypal version of the character it works. Basically Im fine with it as long as its not depicting a specific version of a character. If you want like a Judas Contract Slade or something, yea this isnt for you but if you just want a Deathstroke who looks great and can be put in any scenario display as Deathstroke then its pretty much the best you can get.

Then you should also factor ML's price, and when it comes to articulation not in some cases, I doubt there is a single case where Mezco has better articulation, minimal paint is not an issue when dealing with primary colored simply designed superheroes, in that case, Mezflair is a huge disadvantage, plus, Mezco is also known for terrible accesories from time to time, it's a bigger disadvantage when you account for the price.

Same goes for paint when it comes to DBZ, and even then, it tends to be much cleaner than Mezco, as it's often the case with imports. The character selection isn't any worse than Mezco's random assortment either, plus, it's bigger, with the huge advantage that they don't reimagine the characters.

There's a problem when talking about scale, imports are often true 1/12th, American lines are oversized.

The flair with 3A is straight up a licensing issue, they don't have a straight SW license, they tried to get it, but they got denied, you should compare them to the prototypes, 3A doesn't reimagine if they don't have to.

I agree that they are the best with certain figures, every now and then, as a line, there's still much to improve that other lines have down.

Hell, if Storm Collectibles had more releases at this time, that one would be the undisputed best "1/12th".

Well made clothes could look classy, like with 3A, but most of the time with Mezco they look megoish, and the megoish proportions and huge fabric scale don't help.

Even with the SHF head, Mezco Harley's body still looks like a Barbie doll.

I look at them as toys, all of them, Mezco is as much of a toy as any import.

I don't see Mezco doing a good job with Star Wars, the clothing is much more intrincate, I don't see Mezco achieving what 3A did with that Boba Fett prototype any time soon, which only goes to show, again, that Mezco hasn't caught to what 3A already did like 4 years ago, but it's only a matter of time. Not to mention, the likeness with Mezco is often terrible, even worse than the bad ones with SHF.

About the coherence, most lines are coherent within themselves.

3A is closer to Mego then Mezco is. 3A has one body type(except for female body), Mego had one body type(except for female and obese body)--Mezco has several body types.

With 3A, there is just one body type(i.e. Stick figure). It is much easier to profect a pattern for one size fits all and reuse it over and over and over for a stick figure--the challenge comes in when making form fitting clothes for a muscular body such as Mezco--which at the onset had six different body types.

If if were true that Mezcos Harley's body lookes like "Barbie", Barbies have sold millions of figures because of the body. Harley is a good figure--I'd like to more range of motion in the knees, and elbows.

You not seeing Mezco doing anything soon," with a Boba fett prototype--doesn't mean or show anything other then what you think

Back