Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aesthetics...

Can't even kneel nor stand flat.

cv4rlcK.png

:mwaha

I'm down for your aesthetics contest, what are the rules?

Go for what you know--Jump!!!

is the miles spidey a kid sized buck they are using or same as adult DD i.e.? also they really need to not be so aggressive with foot sizes, jeeebus much like my space ghost they are clown shoe sized almost, so long.

yeah again cuz they scale down a 1/6 body its joints dont work as well so small, no doubt

And that's really the crux of the problem with ThreeA's Action Portable stuff - yes, the body is a shrunken-down TrueType knockoff, yes the clothing is patterned around shrunken-down 1/6 tailoring, no that does not make for a good action figure. I'm not going to deny it's impressive that ThreeA made fabric pouches, belts, etc in 1/12 scale but they never functioned very well - those tiny strips of velcro would come undone if you so much as breathed on them, and they always sat flat unless you managed to stuff them with something. The most impressive tailoring they did in 1/12 in my opinion was things like coats and jackets, Mezco have yet to do anything that even comes close to those. Trousers and t-shirts/vests, on the other hand - having finally messed around with the Star Trek figures in-hand I think I prefer Mezco's trousers when they do them right, and their shirts sit a little more naturally than some of the AP ones which always tended to work against the joints and have very thick neck tailoring.

I also think Mezco made the right call making their accessories like straps and pouches as plastic parts with good sculpting and painting, you cannot get fabric or pleather to look the part at such a small size, as laudable as some of ThreeA's efforts were. One final thing to consider, Mezco is a company new to this and in the ascendency - they're (hopefully) only going to get better at it over time. ThreeA really feels like a spent force nowadays, their figures are getting progressively more expensive while bringing nothing new to the table vs releases from four years or more ago - on top of that now you'll need to a pay a $200 fanboy tax every January just to buy WWR/Popbot/AK releases from this year onwards.

And that's really the crux of the problem with ThreeA's Action Portable stuff - yes, the body is a shrunken-down TrueType knockoff, yes the clothing is patterned around shrunken-down 1/6 tailoring, no that does not make for a good action figure. I'm not going to deny it's impressive that ThreeA made fabric pouches, belts, etc in 1/12 scale but they never functioned very well - those tiny strips of velcro would come undone if you so much as breathed on them, and they always sat flat unless you managed to stuff them with something. The most impressive tailoring they did in 1/12 in my opinion was things like coats and jackets, Mezco have yet to do anything that even comes close to those. Trousers and t-shirts/vests, on the other hand - having finally messed around with the Star Trek figures in-hand I think I prefer Mezco's trousers when they do them right, and their shirts sit a little more naturally than some of the AP ones which always tended to work against the joints and have very thick neck tailoring.

I also think Mezco made the right call making their accessories like straps and pouches as plastic parts with good sculpting and painting, you cannot get fabric or pleather to look the part at such a small size, as laudable as some of ThreeA's efforts were. One final thing to consider, Mezco is a company new to this and in the ascendency - they're (hopefully) only going to get better at it over time. ThreeA really feels like a spent force nowadays, their figures are getting progressively more expensive while bringing nothing new to the table vs releases from four years or more ago - on top of that now you'll need to a pay a $200 fanboy tax every January just to buy WWR/Popbot/AK releases from this year onwards.

agreed

Is this what you up dated?

Quote Originally Posted by GasparZizou "I said sure if you agree to the posing contest"?

Nothing I can really disagree with there, except the not good action figures there, they may require a bit more fuzzing but the end results blow almost any other 1/12th out of the water. even with their old archaic ways that Mezco hasn't been able to catch up to.

I don't much care for Ash's stuff, only WWR mostly, I wish he did more stuff with the licences he has, that Dredd was a complete home run, I can only imagine if they did a portable classic Doomguy :drool

Hell even Mezco, ANYONE!

Is this what you up dated?

Quote Originally Posted by GasparZizou "I said sure if you agree to the posing contest"?
Yes.

Gasparzizou--I guess your jump/and courage has left you.

"A coward dies a thousand lives"

Back