Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Idroid told me the map has been updated..

15547432086_ee14e761b0_b.jpg

Beautiful :lol

I just managed to get MGS2 for about £4.50 on PC. Already have MGS1 on PC. Getting them all ready for my new PC coming in a week or so. Then I'll recomplete them on it in time for GZ coming out again :hi5:

Being the only gullible idiot owning a copy of Ground Zeroes on both PS3 and PS4, I just fired up GZ on PS3 again after spending a lot of time on the PS4 version.

I tried one of the side ops and was shocked on how much stuttering there is, even when Snake is idle! It was like a slideshow! It's clear that MGSV was not developed with last gen in mind and I implore everyone to just avoid it altogether.

In fact, I sincerely hope Konami cancels TPP on last gen, I'm not one for "graphics and framerates makes a game" but in this case, it clearly does. So much so that you're pretty much being ripped off buying the last gen version.

It's good to hear those comparisons of how GZ performed on the PS3 and PS4. I remember how the PS3 version of Ground Zeroes lagged in some areas, and there were noticeable frame-rate dips.

Anyway, I'm sure that TPP will look beautiful on the next-gen consoles as well (regardless of what we've already seen from the trailers). I'll definitely be getting it for the PS4, because I just can't imagining having a great experience with a MGS game on the PC; not with the PS3 controller that's remapped as a 360 controller by default :slap.

It's good to hear those comparisons of how GZ performed on the PS3 and PS4. I remember how the PS3 version of Ground Zeroes lagged in some areas, and there were noticeable frame-rate dips.

Anyway, I'm sure that TPP will look beautiful on the next-gen consoles as well (regardless of what we've already seen from the trailers). I'll definitely be getting it for the PS4, because I just can't imagining having a great experience with a MGS game on the PC; not with the PS3 controller that's remapped as a 360 controller by default :slap.

Framerate dips are fine by me, but watching a damn slideshow is nauseating. The camera and animation seems to skip 20 frames and hopes that your brain will fill up the gap. It's that bad. :lol

The PS4 version isn't perfect though, there are still annoying pop outs that appears out of nowhere, and it's not the HDD either as an SSD upgrade didn't solve this according to Eurogamer. Maybe the PC version will fare better.

The main reason I'm hyped for TPP is the gameplay and multiplayer. The game plays as smooth as silk so multiplayer on this seems awesome. Did you know that your mother base could get attacked by other players in the online gameplay? :lol

Not if Kojima Productions patches the game, I would really like this feature as well. Remember it took years for us to get the MGS4 Trophy patch.

:lecture

Would be nice playing it with classic music from the MGS1-3 era. Soon as you get inside a building complex, BOOM play the Tank Hangar theme!

Ground Zeroes is now $20 for current gen consoles. I got into a debate on Gamefaqs on how some PS3 folks think it's fine on last gen. No, it's not fine. It's either current gen or nothing. People who bought it on last gen got ripped off, myself included. :lol

Such a horrible place to be, I guess gamers are getting younger. It wasn't like this at all back in 2002-2004. :dunno

never seen the graphics on last gen in person .. if it aint bad than no complaints there ..

The Evil Within however, The Graphics is not amazing on any platform .. i can't imagine how it looks on last gen

Back