Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The graphics don't necessarily look worse on last gen, they do look different however. The main problem I had with GZ on PS3 was definitely the frame rate, it just wasn't good enough, especially when sprinting.

The framerate on PS3 was really bad, even when Snake is idle. So much so that aiming in third person is a struggle in itself. When the game came out, I complained here that the aiming is hard and unnecessary, turns out it was so cool to have that Magnus effect on PS4 because everything was so responsive.

It's funny. I've bought a PS2, Gamecube, PSP, PS3 and Vita exclusively for MGS, but I broke from tradition and got a PS4 just for the Last of Us. Thank God Ground Zeroes on Ps4 was such a pleasant surprise after being disappointment with the last gen version.

Camp Omega returning in TPP and new missions for people that own GZ, sounds good to me.

More rape and torture cassette tapes?

tumblr_mss381j0QA1sorormo3_500.png

The PC specs for TPP have been released, and it looks like it's a good port judging from the requirements. And in addition to Steam achievements and cloud saves, it seems like a rather impressive game from a technical standpoint.

But, about the customizable keyboard controls: absolutely no one in their right mind should ever play a MGS game on a mouse and keyboard.

Minimum Specifications:

Processor: Core i5 SandyBridge 4Core (4 Thread) 2.7GHz or above

Memory: 4 GB RAM or above

Graphics: GeForce GTX 650 or above

DirectX: Version 11 or above

Recommended Specifications:

Processor: Core i5 SandyBridge 4Core (4 Thread) 2.7GHz or above

Memory: 8 GB RAM or above

Graphics: GeForce GTX 760 or above

DirectX: Version 11 or above

Konami has also been quite intent on letting the world know that this won't be one of those barebones PC ports that sullies a series' good name forever. They've promised customizable controls, Steam achievements, Steam Cloud support, and all that good stuff. Of course, there could still be framerate locks and restrictive graphics pre-sets, so we'll have to wait and see before we can officially declare this A Good Port.

Your PC Must Be This Solid To Run Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Last edited:
Here's a short technical comparison of Nvidia GPUs vs. the consoles. The two pictures (linked below) have slide bars, so you can compare the improved quality of the PC to the consoles:

GeForce.com Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Interactive Comparison: PC vs. PlayStation 4 - Example #2

GeForce.com Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Interactive Comparison: PC vs. PlayStation 4 - Example #1

In addition, Nvidia GPUs will offer the following:

60 FPS frame rate
Additional deferred lights per scene
Additional shadows per scene
Higher-resolution render targets
Higher-resolution shadows
Increased detail over distances
NVIDIA SLI Multi-GPU support
Options to adjust seven graphics features (Effects, Lighting, Screen Filtering, Shadows, Texture Filtering, Textures)
Resolution support up to and including 3840x2160 (4K)
Screen Space Reflections

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes first PC screenshots released - PC Gamer

Does anyone else feel the ps4 could probably do all of this except for the 4k but is being surprised to have more parity with the Xbone version?

Does anyone else feel the ps4 could probably do all of this except for the 4k but is being surprised to have more parity with the Xbone version?

no!

there might be extra performance to be had from the PS4 over the XBONE, but I highly doubt you could get 60fps, increased draw distance or higher resolution models and textures

^What Brainiac said :lecture.

Sounds good. I'm definitely looking forward to playing this now, :lol as if I wasnt super hyped already :clap

At least you won't need a super-computer to run this one, like AC Unity :lol.

I'm also interested in seeing how DSR will work on this game.

Here's a short technical comparison of Nvidia GPUs vs. the consoles. The two pictures (linked below) have slide bars, so you can compare the improved quality of the PC to the consoles:

GeForce.com Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Interactive Comparison: PC vs. PlayStation 4 - Example #2

GeForce.com Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Interactive Comparison: PC vs. PlayStation 4 - Example #1

In addition, Nvidia GPUs will offer the following:

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes first PC screenshots released - PC Gamer

So, how many gigs of nanomachines is required?

MGSV doesn't seem to have suffered from this parity issue, as it was more marketed for PS4 with 1080p on PS4 and 720p on the Xbox. The Xbox version is also missing the dynamic sky effects, if I'm not mistaken.

So, how many gigs of nanomachines is required?

MGSV doesn't seem to have suffered from this parity issue, as it was more marketed for PS4 with 1080p on PS4 and 720p on the Xbox. The Xbox version is also missing the dynamic sky effects, if I'm not mistaken.

I hope it's over 50 GB. I remember how large MGS 4 was on Blu Ray because of the lossless sound files :drool.

no!

there might be extra performance to be had from the PS4 over the XBONE, but I highly doubt you could get 60fps, increased draw distance or higher resolution models and textures

It is 60fps on ps4 though right? But i guess you guys are right. But while MGSV does look amazing for sure, I'm think the PS4 has much greater potential. At least visually. But this will be a beast to behold on PC!

I hope it's over 50 GB. I remember how large MGS 4 was on Blu Ray because of the lossless sound files :drool.

I recall people complaining that the sound quality or mix wasn't as good for ground zeroes as past metal gears. I'm not much of a sound guy so I'm less educated on that stuff. But do you guys think they'll fix that with TTP?

For PS4 GZ sound quality is top notch, I heard the PS3 and 360 versions weren't as good in that department though, which is strange because MGS4's best feature was probably the sound quality.

Back