Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there no love for the original Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2 for MSX?

IMO they are one of the hardest Metal Gear games. I haven't played the 2nd one.

the second metal gear for msx if my second favorite metal gear game of the franchise right under metal gear solid. the music and atmosphere are amazing. i also have a huge fondness for retro gaming. you really should try it out.

the second metal gear for msx if my second favorite metal gear game of the franchise right under metal gear solid. the music and atmosphere are amazing. i also have a huge fondness for retro gaming. you really should try it out.

That's true. Metal Gear 2 was definitely way ahead of its time and still is an amazing game. The gameplay design, music, atmosphere, no Metal Gear fan should miss this.

Such a waste of media. They should just stop milking people of there money and wait until they can releases a full discog

I agree, but the DGNs aren't bad on video, at all. It's actually nice seeing them on Blu Ray. It's just that you can't scan pause the video, to scan for clues and easter eggs, like in the PSP games.

I agree, but the DGNs aren't bad on video, at all. It's actually nice seeing them on Blu Ray. It's just that you can't scan pause the video, to scan for clues and easter eggs, like in the PSP games.

I just think it's a waste because if there going to do it, at least make them interactive

I love you guys but i wish this thread would die. Tired of the repackaged poo poo collections. I think this is the 5th one. After the travesty that is the artbook im no longer looking forward to these anymore. They really suck. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The art book sucks. But, it's not a bad collection, all things considered. It has eight games (MG 1, MG 2, MGS 1, VR Missions, HD Collection, and MGS 4), in addition to two DGNs on Blu Ray - all for a mere $50.

It's a good deal for those who missed out on MGS and need to get caught up. For everyone else, it's a waste of money. I just bought it for the DGNs, and because I had my MGS HD Collection signed (and chose not to open it) :lol.

I lol'd at this review on Amazon. It was written by a "Gasper". I wonder if it's the resident Gasper on this board :lol.

Bad gameplay, the gameplay is worse than Obama's healthcare plan. 21st century and this game has crappy graphics that I could have easily did at your mom's house! Bill clinton getting a BJ at the white house is more entertaining than this crud. You won't get a sexual thrill while playing this game, so why buy it? This is the worst game konami has to offer since the call of duty franchise. I could spend hours talking to my horse and riding it like I would with your mom and still be unsatisfied with this cigar smoking dude. And he don't even know how to smoke a cigar properly, he need to take it to the head.

If this snake guy were real than how come I never heard of him during the cuban missle crisis. You may as well travel to cambodia and get some pizza! And lick the cheese! Bombs and missles going back and forth, where's command when ya need him? I played for several hours when I was little with your mom and it was much more fun than this was. Mrs Pac man would be disapointed. Snake is your typical japanese guy on a mission to find his japanese mother and kiss the colonel's foot afterwards. Spending his long years on acid really paid of cus that is all ya need in order to stop a missle.

President Oscar mayer hires snake after he's finished saving his mom so he can drink a cup melted butter with bowl of popcorn. Not that obama did any better, story makes your head feel like you are on acid while taking fore loco. Army tanks are obsolete during this time, so why bother trying.

Ever played candy crush? It's much more interesting than all of the MGS games combined, non of yall would beat me cus I am the highest score on there! Rocky balboa would've been proud of me. Let Michael Bay make a crappy adaptation out of this, cus that's what it deserves, the game play is bad, the story is bad, the graphics are bad, the voice acting is bad, its all bad.

Oh and btw, it's free slurpee day at 7/11, I need to go over there and wash this off. Now stop liking this game before I come to your house and spank yo mamma!

Speaking of DGN.. Did the 2nd one ever have a digital realease on the US market? I had the 1st version for my psp but i dont recall seeing the 2nd one

Speaking of DGN.. Did the 2nd one ever have a digital realease on the US market? I had the 1st version for my psp but i dont recall seeing the 2nd one

It didn't have a release in the U.S. But, the DGN 2 in the Legacy Collection has full English voice overs.

It didn't have a release in the U.S. But, the DGN 2 in the Legacy Collection has full English voice overs.

Wow Solidus, I did not knew that! That made me did a Youtube search and I was pleasantly surprised (for once) there are English dubs. Looks like I'll be getting this after all! :lol

As far as I know for years now DGN1 & 2 only had Japanese voiceovers and I never could have dreamed for an English dub. I wonder when this dub was recorded..

Just saw the whole DGN1 on Youtube and I loved it a lot. I've seen the Japanese version several times but this is what I always wanted. There were several times where it brought me back to how amazing MGS1 was. The dialog while cheesy, was great and it's just fun to see the extended scenes and different interpretations of the characters. Simply the best thing to come out out of this collection. :yess:

Back