Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they go under too. Everytime I walk into that store they rape my *** with their god damn trade ins. They don't give a **** about the customer at all **** them. Also I'd like to thank the guy for that ****ty idea of the power points they give you one point per hundred dollars that you spend there stupid *******s.

Sent from Shadow Moses by codec.

Yeah man. They totally rip you off. Their trade in program is a joke, and they act like their 10 percent (of the cost of a new game) that they give you is the best deal that you can find.

besides gamestop, im mad that they decided to go with a white background for this stupid legacy package. the japanese kit is far better looking imo. i was gonna buy it as a shelf filler but i guess i wont be buying american and will be getting raped on the overseas unit.

So it's been confirmed that there will only be ONE U.S version of the game? No special editions or anything?

So it's been confirmed that there will only be ONE U.S version of the game? No special editions or anything?

No word yet. It seems like were just getting the vanilla version of the game. I just looked this up on Wiki since I didn't know the date of release. I think it's funny that MGSPW got the smallest summary :lol

Metal Gear
Main article: Metal Gear (video game)

In 1995, the West discovers that a weapon of mass destruction is being constructed inside an Outer Heaven, a fortified state founded by a "legendary mercenary" 200 km north of Galzburg, South Africa. The US special forces unit FOXHOUND sends top agent Gray Fox to infiltrate the fortress, assess the situation and neutralize the threat. FOXHOUND loses contact with Gray Fox a few days later, with his last transmission being "METAL GEAR..." To discover what happened to Gray Fox, FOXHOUND commander Big Boss sends his newest recruit, Solid Snake, into the area in an operation codenamed Intrude N313. Upon insertion into Outer Heaven, Snake makes contact with local resistance members Schneider, Diane, and Jennifer. Using all of his skills and the equipment he procures on site, he manages to rescue Fox. Fox explains that Metal Gear is the codename of a nuclear-equipped bipedal walking tank, which can engage in all forms of combat and launch nuclear weapons from any location. Outer Heaven plans to use Metal Gear to impose itself as the new world superpower. To destroy Metal Gear and topple the Outer Heaven mercenaries, Snake rescues lead Metal Gear engineer Dr. Pettrovich Madnar and his daughter Ellen. The scientist explains how Metal Gear can be destroyed, and Snake takes on Outer Heaven's troops. However, he begins to notice that traps put in his way are too precise, and wonders how information on his activities are being tracked. Big Boss begins to act strangely and eventually tells Snake to abort the mission (breaking the fourth wall by telling the player to turn off the console). Moreover, Schneider is ambushed by hostiles and is presumed dead after losing contact with Snake. Snake penetrates Outer Heaven's main base and takes out Metal Gear before it reaches completion. As he safely escapes the compound's basement, he is confronted by the mercenary leader of Outer Heaven, who turns out to be Big Boss. The corrupt leader reveals that he had been using his connections to steal military intelligence, establish his own mercenary force, and fund his activities. It was his aim to have Outer Heaven become the world's greatest superpower, able to bring even the West to its knees. He had the rookie Snake sent in, hoping to have him captured and feed misinformation to authorities, but had quite obviously underestimated Snake's capabilities. Having lost Metal Gear and much of his force, Big Boss seemingly starts the self-destruct sequence for the compound, and promises he will not die alone; Snake will join him. Snake defeats Big Boss in a last battle and escapes the Outer Heaven compound as it crumbles in flames behind him. After the end credits, a message from Big Boss is displayed saying that he will meet Solid Snake again.
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Main article: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

A major oil crisis seriously affects the global economy in the late 1990s, with petrol deposits running out faster than previous estimates. Efforts to adopt alternative energy sources or attempts to drill for more oil fails to take up the slack. To counter the problem, Czech scientist Dr. Kio Marv bio-engineers a new species of algae, OILIX, that could produce petroleum-grade hydrocarbons with little expense and effort. He unveils the algae to the World Energy Conference in Prague and was on his way to a demonstration in the United States when he was kidnapped by soldiers from Zanzibarland, a Central Asian country established in 1997 after a successful independence war against the CIS. NATO discovers that Zanzibarland's leaders plan to hold the world hostage by controlling the supply of oil through OILIX and nuclear warheads pillaged from old stockpiles marked for dismantling in light of global efforts toward nuclear disarmament. FOXHOUND's new commander, Roy Campbell, brings Solid Snake out of retirement and sends him to Zanzibarland to rescue Dr. Marv on Christmas Eve 1999. On the course of his mission, Snake teams up with Holly White, a CIA operative posing as a journalist, and Gustava Heffner, an StB agent and Dr. Marv's bodyguard. He is also reunited with Dr. Drago Pettrovich Madnar, the Metal Gear inventor from Outer Heaven, who claims to have been once again kidnapped and forced to work on another Metal Gear project (named Metal Gear D) for Zanzibarland, as well as oversee mass-production of smaller, non-nuclear-equipped Metal Gear units. Snake learns from Dr. Madnar that Big Boss, Snake's former superior, survived the events of the first game and now leads Zanzibarland. As Snake, Heffner, and Dr. Madnar head toward Zanzibarland's main prison, Heffner is killed by a missile fired by Metal Gear D and Dr. Madnar is recaptured by the enemy. The new Metal Gear's pilot is revealed to be Gray Fox. Determined to finish his mission, Snake fights against Zanzibarland's elite mercenary force and manages to reach Dr. Marv's cell. Snake arrives too late, unfortunately, as he finds Dr. Marv's corpse and the OILIX data. Holly later tips him off that he actually died under Dr. Madnar's torture. In addition, Snake learns that Madnar volunteered his services to Zanzibarland to finish work on Metal Gear as revenge against the scientific community shunning him after the events of the first game. Snake kills Madnar when he attempts to attack him. Snake faces off against Gray Fox in Metal Gear D and eventually destroys the mech. Both men later fight hand-to-hand in a minefield, and Snake finishes him off. As he tries to escape, Snake meets Big Boss. Having lost his equipment and with no weapons at his disposal, Snake is forced to improvise using the only items he can find, a lighter and aerosol can. Fashioning a makeshift flamethrower, Snake defeats Big Boss for the second time. Snake and Holly escape together, and they deliver the OILIX formula to Campbell.
Metal Gear Solid
Main article: Metal Gear Solid

Set on the fictional island of Shadow Moses in Alaska, Metal Gear Solid follows Solid Snake, a soldier who infiltrates a nuclear weapons facility to neutralize the terrorist threat from FOXHOUND, a renegade special forces unit. Snake must liberate two hostages, the head of DARPA and the president of a major arms manufacturer, confront the terrorists, and stop them from launching a nuclear strike.
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Main article: Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions

VR Missions features over 300 missions testing the player's sneaking and fighting skills, as well as less conventional tests, such as murder mysteries, battling giant genome soldiers, and three missions where the player controls the Cyborg Ninja. Special features include trailers for Metal Gear Solid, a preview artwork of Metal Gear RAY from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and a photoshoot mode to take pictures of Mei Ling and Naomi
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Main article: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

The story revolves around the Big Shell, a massive offshore clean-up facility that has been seized by a group of terrorists that call themselves "Sons of Liberty". They demand a massive ransom in exchange for the life of the President of the United States, and threaten to destroy the facility and create a cataclysmic environmental disaster if their demands are not met. The motives and identities of many of the antagonists and allies change rapidly, as the protagonists discover a world-shaking conspiracy constructed by a powerful organization known as the Patriots.
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Main article: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Set in the Cold War-era Soviet Union, the story centers on FOX operative Naked Snake as he attempts to rescue a weapons designer and sabotage an experimental superweapon. While previous games were set in a primarily urban environment, Snake Eater adopts a 1960's Soviet jungle setting, with the high tech, near-future trappings of previous Metal Gear Solid games being replaced with the wilderness. While the setting has changed, the game's focus remains on stealth and infiltration, while retaining the series' self-referential, fourth wall-breaking sense of humor. The story of Metal Gear Solid 3 is told through numerous cut scenes and radio conversations.
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Main article: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Metal Gear Solid 4 is set in 2014, nine years after the plot of Metal Gear Solid and five years after Metal Gear Solid 2 The world economy relies on continuous war, fought by PMCs, which outnumber government military forces. PMC soldiers are equipped with nanomachines that enhance their abilities on the battlefield. The control network created through these nanomachines is called Sons of the Patriots (SOP), and Liquid Ocelot is preparing to hijack the system. Snake, meanwhile, is experiencing accelerated aging due to his status as a clone, and has less than a year to live. He is now living with Dr. Hal "Otacon" Emmerich and Olga Gurlukovich's daughter Sunny. When his former commanding officer Roy Campbell approaches him with one last mission - to terminate Liquid - Snake accepts and is dropped into the Middle Eastern war zone where Liquid is believed to be hiding.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Main article: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Set in 1974 in Central America, the game follows the exploits of returning protagonist Naked Snake, now known as Big Boss, as he runs a mercenary unit. The game also adds more information behind the founding of the military state Outer Heaven.

Hmm, my local retailer has already taking pre-orders for the U.S version, slated to be released on July 9th and for about $53. I think I gotta ask him is this the one that comes with the artbook. I'm confused.

I think the artbook is a given, regardless of where you purchase it from. But, as far as I know, only Amazon has it up for pre-order. Other retailers like Gamestop and Best Buy don't have it listed up.

Edit: Actually, Best Buy does have it for pre-order :lol.

[ame]https://youtu.be/a3H5UvX6uQw[/ame]
I don't care what anyone says, This is the best game franchaise of all time ! I camt wait to have the legacy collection.

I cant wait to pick this up! and play it all in order.

It was pointless to get when we already have the HD collection and MGS4's free trophy patch

Back