Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, I'm telling you, if KojiPro has more Big Boss games down the pipleline (with with his girlfriend, Kaz), I'm giving up on this series :lol.

I guess they like the new cast. I really dont see how this will be the link between PeaceWalker and MG1 if the future instalments feature BigBoss, but i suppose they said that for every BigBoss game thusfar.

I know this is a little old but ive been looking for a High-res image of the legacy colections art to see the MGS2 Snake render. It was the only one not released. Well i finally found it and see why. It looks nothing like him!
mgslegacycollection_kfiuae.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean. I remember when Portable Ops was supposed to bridge the events of MGS 3 and MGS 1. But, it didn't stop there. We got Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, MGS V, and lord knows what else. How many tie-ins in this series does Big Boss need? It's getting tiring.

By the way, I have that freakin' poster :yuck

I think it's pretty strange how MGS 4 turned out the way it did, given the amount of years that it spent in development. The storyline was dreadful, with single most lazily written cop-out explanation for every mystery in the series (ahem, nanomachines?).

But, unfortunately, I think krec is right :lol. The majority of folks in this fanbase just keep pandering for more MGS, and they can't let the series die in peace. Until they start growing up, it seems like Kojima can't get a break to work on anything else.
:exactly: I still don't understand at all, especially with how midway through, the game...basically lost all pretenses of being an MGS game really. Nanomachines has to become a meme though :lecture

I think the story completed with MGS4, so everything else is take it or leave it. Being this is being released after the main story, I'll just view it as a interesting what if, if I don't care for it. I love Ground Zeroes, so I'm very excited for MGSV. I like them all, despite the issues.

I think the story completed with MGS4, so everything else is take it or leave it. Being this is being released after the main story, I'll just view it as a interesting what if, if I don't care for it. I love Ground Zeroes, so I'm very excited for MGSV. I like them all, despite the issues.

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to not take the post-MGS 4 games too seriously. With Peace Walker's introduction of advanced talking/singing AI mechs into the canon, it created this weird dichotomy in the Big Boss saga - where on one hand, MGS 3 and Portable Ops were fairly consistent in their treatment of Cold War tech. But, PW and now Ground Zeroes, have jumped ship of all logical reason, and are delving into Sci-Fi elements that shouldn't have ever been present in the 70s and 80s.

Despite the problems that I have with MGS 4, I can at least appreciate that the Solid Snake games were more grounded in the overall consistency of their storylines, than the ones with Big Boss.

Hey guys, just a reminder to check the social group, Wolf posted up a great discussion there :duff.

There are so many easter eggs in MGS 2, and I'm still discovering them years later. I didn't know you could even do weird **** like this in the hostage room :rotfl

I'm going to be on Peace Walker later tonight if anyone wants to play.

Being a miserable obsessive nut that I am, I think I know all of them. Here's some pretty obscure ones I can come up at the top of my head:

1. In the Tanker, call Otacon repeatedly and he'll eventually talk about "a shadowy force" which unbeknownst to both of them at the time, were the Patriots. By starting a new game with a completed save data however, Snake will yell "LALILULELO!!!" if you hit the shoulder buttons, louder if you hit it harder.

2. Entering the Konami code in the VR Missions log in will unlock all missions.

3. Entering you DOB on your birthday will prompt a "Happy Birthday" message complete with a cake, which was not a lie at the time.

4. Talking to Pliskin about the M9 prior to his revelation that he is Snake will prompt him to comment on Solid Snake.

5. After meeting Stillman, go out to the CD Connecting Bridge, Snake is sneaking in a cardboard box. You can call him later and hear a humorous conversation between the two. If you destroy the box, Snake will remark that as well.

6. After being released in Arsenal, trigger an alert status, run back to the torture room and strap yourself back in. The Tengu will make comments.

7. There are multiple story branches in Snake Tales, depending on what you decide to do as Snake.

8. After defeating Vamp, there's a vent in the next area where you can spy on Emma, stare at her long enough and you'll get a call.

9. You can do an instant K.O by punching someone in the balls, but you can also do it form the sides and behind.

10. This is harder to pull off, but you have more kills, zero damage and performing way betterr than Snake during the Arsenal-Tengu team up, Snake will remark with a hint of jealousy. Thankfully they didn't team up in Rising.

Neat huh? Better be worth it since I typed all that myself!

wow...

I didn't know Snake would scream LaLiLuLeLo, thats in the codec screen? it would be badass if you could do that while playing :lol and I didn't know he could get jealous lol Snake.

I shoot him when I found hin running around in the cardboard box, he didn't like that
large1.gif

I'm seriously starting to love MGS2, as soon as I have time I'll play it again

Yeah, in the Codec screen. You have to respond at the exact moment Otacon utters "The Patriots". Hold down the button harder to get an even more exaggerated response.

As for the Arsenal section, it's much more difficult to pull off, but Snake will say something along the lines of "Why don't you worry about yourself!". :lol

Here's another:

If you lie down on the swarm of lice during your arrival in Strut A, the sea lice will attach to Raiden's suit for the entire game, and even ending up as an inventory item while constantly eating up rations as time passes as well. :rotfl

As far as I'm concerned, MGS2 had the most easter eggs of all the MGS games, closely followed by MGS3. I don't think there's that much in MGS4, nothing mind blowing anyway.

Last edited:
Back