Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a miserable obsessive nut that I am, I think I know all of them. Here's some pretty obscure ones I can come up at the top of my head:

1. In the Tanker, call Otacon repeatedly and he'll eventually talk about "a shadowy force" which unbeknownst to both of them at the time, were the Patriots. By starting a new game with a completed save data however, Snake will yell "LALILULELO!!!" if you hit the shoulder buttons, louder if you hit it harder.

2. Entering the Konami code in the VR Missions log in will unlock all missions.

3. Entering you DOB on your birthday will prompt a "Happy Birthday" message complete with a cake, which was not a lie at the time.

4. Talking to Pliskin about the M9 prior to his revelation that he is Snake will prompt him to comment on Solid Snake.

5. After meeting Stillman, go out to the CD Connecting Bridge, Snake is sneaking in a cardboard box. You can call him later and hear a humorous conversation between the two. If you destroy the box, Snake will remark that as well.

6. After being released in Arsenal, trigger an alert status, run back to the torture room and strap yourself back in. The Tengu will make comments.

7. There are multiple story branches in Snake Tales, depending on what you decide to do as Snake.

8. After defeating Vamp, there's a vent in the next area where you can spy on Emma, stare at her long enough and you'll get a call.

9. You can do an instant K.O by punching someone in the balls, but you can also do it form the sides and behind.

10. This is harder to pull off, but you have more kills, zero damage and performing way betterr than Snake during the Arsenal-Tengu team up, Snake will remark with a hint of jealousy. Thankfully they didn't team up in Rising.

Neat huh? Better be worth it since I typed all that myself!

Yeah, in the Codec screen. You have to respond at the exact moment Otacon utters "The Patriots". Hold down the button harder to get an even more exaggerated response.

As for the Arsenal section, it's much more difficult to pull off, but Snake will say something along the lines of "Why don't you worry about yourself!". :lol

Here's another:

If you lie down on the swarm of lice during your arrival in Strut A, the sea lice will attach to Raiden's suit for the entire game, and even ending up as an inventory item while constantly eating up rations as time passes as well. :rotfl

As far as I'm concerned, MGS2 had the most easter eggs of all the MGS games, closely followed by MGS3. I don't think there's that much in MGS4, nothing mind blowing anyway.

Great list, Ryan! :clap. And duly, noted... I'll have to try all of these out :rotfl.

Well, here's TTS and MGS2 mostly covered. Enjoy guys!

I'll bet there are mind blowing stuff you guys haven't seen before. One of my favorite is when Snake gets duped by Otacon, he held on to that so much he made a passing comment to Raiden 2 years later. WTF? :rotfl

Last edited:
Possible director named for the Metal Gear Solid movie
JUNE 4, 2014
Information has been rather scarce, but now it seems like Sony is ready to take the next step with the Metal Gear Solid movie. Film website Deadline reports that the studio is in early talks with Jordan Vogt-Roberts to direct the movie. Vogt-Roberts is known for the well-received ‘The Kings of Summer’.

The reason that it takes so long for the movie to take shape is ‘because it just took so long for the game creators and the studio to find themselves on the same page in how to tell the story of protagonist Solid Snake’, according to the article.

The Metal Gear Solid movie is being produced by Avi Arad, with Micheal De Luca as production president. There are no further details at this moment.

Source: Deadline
Source: https://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=14373

I'm not even sure how to react to the news.

Source: https://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=14373

I'm not even sure how to react to the news.

There are so many ways that could go wrong :slap. The actor might not be a good choice for Snake, and the storyline could be terrible.

But, I guess we can always look forward to the 1/6 figures from Hot Toys. That's probably the only positive thing that will come out of this movie.

I wonder if they would try and use a sneaking suit already used by Solid or if they would get Yoji to design a new one for the film

I'd kinda want to see the Solid Snake that we've all grown up with, but i understand that's pretty much impossible and without Hayters voice it isn't really gonna be Solid Snake. They should make a new FOX operative if they want to actually make any sort of impact with the film

Using either Solid Snake or Big Boss as a codename will be a bad idea if you ask me, too much attachment for individuals to either character from the games for you to be able to take them seriously as the character in the film. It'll be like constant reference and reminder of the OG Solid Snake which i don't know if that will hurt the movie character as he'll be constantly being compared in the viewers eyes

There are so many ways that could go wrong :slap. The actor might not be a good choice for Snake, and the storyline could be terrible.

But, I guess we can always look forward to the 1/6 figures from Hot Toys. That's probably the only positive thing that will come out of this movie.

I wonder if they would try and use a sneaking suit already used by Solid or if they would get Yoji to design a new one for the film

I'd kinda want to see the Solid Snake that we've all grown up with, but i understand that's pretty much impossible and without Hayters voice it isn't really gonna be Solid Snake. They should make a new FOX operative if they want to actually make any sort of impact with the film

Using either Solid Snake or Big Boss as a codename will be a bad idea if you ask me, too much attachment for individuals to either character from the games for you to be able to take them seriously as the character in the film. It'll be like constant reference and reminder of the OG Solid Snake which i don't know if that will hurt the movie character as he'll be constantly being compared in the viewers eyes

Yeah, I'd rather if the film introduced a new protagonist, instead - just like how the RE films went into a completely different story-arch with Alice.

But, I just wonder if this movie will take place in the MGS canon, or if whether it's going to be set in alternate universe.

From what i've read they want to push a Solid Snake story, but whether that's a canon storyline or a mix match of SS/BB mangled into 1 character and plot.. who knows.

This is why it's a bad idea using either one of them. Big Boss is overused and Solid Snake had much of him bastardized. They will try and shoe horn Big Boss into Solid Snake again it'll be this weird hybrid with a actor who can't portray either very well and will most likely not look are sound the part either

Yeah, I'd rather if the film introduced a new protagonist, instead - just like how the RE films went into a completely different story-arch with Alice.

But, I just wonder if this movie will take place in the MGS canon, or if whether it's going to be set in alternate universe.

lol your sig is awesome :lol

don't expect too much so you won't be disappointed
~~~

...waht? :lol

Didn't know about the parachute Liquid set up, where was it ???

It's to the east of where you fought Wolf in the Snowfield. I first found it when I was a kid and I was jumping with joy like I found something the game didn't want me to find.

Also, what sig are we talking about here? :lol

I was listening to some Mariachi (Mexican folk music) and this song strongly reminded me of Big Boss, it's called the Horseman (El jinete) and some of the lyrics would go something like this, if I didn't translate wrong...

In the distant mountain
Goes riding a horseman
He wanders alone in the world
And he goes wishing for death.

He carries in his chest a wound
He goes with his soul shattered
He wishes to lose his life
And meet with his beloved again

That's a kewl song :duff. It seems more appropriate for John Marston, but I can see how it fits into Big Boss for TPP.

Back