Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought these in case I wanted to do a tiger stripe Naked Snake. I may or may not keep them.
y5ajyreq.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

^Those look good. I might pick up a camo outfit for my Big Boss figure, too. The Sneaking Suit is looking a bit stale, at the moment.

I'm not doing anything with the one I have, I'm going to buy another sneaking suit version snake and combine it with my metal boss and these fatigues if they don't announce another figure soon.

I use those tiger stripe BDUs on Big Boss from Peace Walker. I'm probably going to buy another Hot Toys head and neck to put on this body. Let me know what you think.
8y4abuby.jpg

@wellcqc : Nice..... BTW, what jungle boots and body harness do you use???? Are those from Inflame Metal Boss???

kiva, have you been separating pieces? what are you doing? lights?
I wont be doing lights, i have however been revamping his hair. I didnt like how it was long at the back, and how the front plug- in covers the barcode and other detail on his face. So i have removed some hair, and replaced it. Im not finished but here is WIP

aib9.jpg

wc6u.jpg

I didnt like the design of the original

043.jpg

Ive also split the visor and removed the 2 whiffs of hair. I might make them a permanent feature on each side of Raidens head when im finished fixing them up to be stand alone halfs.

Edit:

Jus popped the head on the body to see what it looks like

i78w.jpg

0xnv.jpg

e96j.jpg

3coa.jpg

Removing the Hulk Hogan back flap of hair that came on the figure reveals a human skinned back of his head. So ill paint that black at some point. Ill maybe repaint the hair too so its only a consistent shade. Probably carry the project on in a day or two i dont want to rush it while theres glue and paint all over.

Last edited:
They are great little extras for him

Experimenting with the visor wings. Need to slim them down a bit to fit more snug to his head.

k5yi.jpg

wnvx.jpg

Its just matt black but because its on a smooth plastic its shiney. I didnt want to extra gloss it incase it looked slimey as a result. Ive got the position of them ready now i just need to spend tomorrow cutting them thin so they hug the head. Then i will be done. And ill never be able to have a closed visor look again :(

I think i dont care about not being able to close the visor. I will have all the variants. All of them have the visor closed on them. I think the original should look like what youve come up with. I have matte acrylic and need to paint my metal bosses hands anyway. If i like your finished product if you dont mind i may copy you.

Awesome work, Kiva. Can't wait to see what the finished figure looks like.

I think i dont care about not being able to close the visor. I will have all the variants. All of them have the visor closed on them. I think the original should look like what youve come up with. I have matte acrylic and need to paint my metal bosses hands anyway. If i like your finished product if you dont mind i may copy you.

Copy all you want, it will probably come out better than mine. I didnt plan anything, i just started cutting on a whim. It was either make this Raiden with the open visor and have him permanent like that. Or have Raiden with Muramasa (in which case it didnt matter his visor was no longer on his head as Armstrong had broke it off by this point)

But i am Semi tempted to get another raiden now. Just to have a head where i can have no visor at all or closed visor. And Muramasa.

I finished all my peacewalker figures. I have all of them as msf and all the variants as bb.
e7u6e4u2.jpg
also heres bb in my cabinet with the tiger stripes.
ge2ugu8a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back