Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly think thing the same undersuit from the MGS1 version would do, as long as the latch is in the back since his chest is exposed between the gear webbing.

Well these are good points, some people don't care about height issues and would want heads made anyway.

I would love a Vulcan Raven but the height issue would bother me, but if we got the rest made I'd probably want one if the interest was there.

It's hard because you need numbers for things to go ahead. Some people won't buy without clothing and some people don't care, then the ones that want clothing - whats being offered doesn't match what they want personally want for whatever reason. So many variables, but at the end of the day numbers are what drive things being made and not everyone is going to agree or like everything.

I totally agree Frank. Personally im always on board with buying a head sculpt if it looks right to me, which they usually do, but the clothing is tricky and most of the time id rather find or perhaps make the clothing myself.

it's going to be the fall back. Geewhiz is just expensive ($250 for the undersuit alone, not tactical vest or anything)

I have another tailor sourcing fabric who i can work with more closely are try ideas out, the problem lies in the cuts and construction and it will need trail and error, something i cannot afford to do with geewhiz.

I honestly think thing the same undersuit from the MGS1 version would do, as long as the latch is in the back since his chest is exposed between the gear webbing.

And just to clarify - this is not me saying its my way or the highway, far from it. I know that some of you think that this is how it goes down.

Just please appreciate that anything and everything that gets made needs to be planned and paid for - any prototypes included. MGS1 Snake suit cost me twice what it cost everyone else because i had to foot the bill for every change, so i had to pay for 3 vests plus the under suit. Liquid Snake Jacket I had to pay for the first Jacket and trousers and the new leather one and the trousers.

I honestly don't mind doing it, because i want a lot of this stuff myself - done the the highest standard i can suss, but at the same time if i have to deal with everything and pay for everything initially it's got to be something i would actually purchase myself, otherwise there is little point and incentive in me doing it. That was what i meant by people can source their own suits if preferred. It's absolutely nothing to do with 'I'm right your wrong'

Well these are good points, some people don't care about height issues and would want heads made anyway.

I would love a Vulcan Raven but the height issue would bother me, but if we got the rest made I'd probably want one if the interest was there.

It's hard because you need numbers for things to go ahead. Some people won't buy without clothing and some people don't care, then the ones that want clothing - whats being offered doesn't match what they want personally want for whatever reason. So many variables, but at the end of the day numbers are what drive things being made and not everyone is going to agree or like everything.

Height would bother me a lot too. But in the end, I'd rather stick with core characters that don't require too much of a pain in the ass to make.

Mantis is taller than the Snakes, but I think it's able to be ignored.

Yep, it's a none issue for me as I'd have him posed floating with arms out anyway

I'd personally like all of the main Foxhound team, but body types and such probably prevent it

Height would bother me a lot too. But in the end, I'd rather stick with core characters that don't require too much of a pain in the ass to make.

Mantis is taller than the Snakes, but I think it's able to be ignored.

I would too. But I think Raven, on top of being bigger than any 1/6 body out there would also be without a Vulcan Cannon too... a regular minigun is puny comparison.

If there ever was a body that would be big enough, then you'd get the minigun and drum made along with the head

I would too. But I think Raven, on top of being bigger than any 1/6 body out there would also be without a Vulcan Cannon too... a regular minigun is puny comparison.

But if you did render out the gun, would the barrels be separate or all put right next to each other?

Maybe a Predator body would work, but it would need to be massively overhauled...

It'd be made like the mcfarlene one is - one entire piece, but with obviously more detailing.

Same with the M9 for MGS2 snake, it will all be one piece, silencer separate maybe but if it would print and cast better and a one piece then that would be the way it would go

But if you did render out the gun, would the barrels be separate or all put right next to each other?

Maybe a Predator body would work, but it would need to be massively overhauled...

Yeah, I figured it would all be one piece. I mean, that's fine and it's better than nothing.

As for the M9, I'd prefer it all once piece because no one would want to display it apart anyway. It would just need a black/dark grey paint job with the laser dotted with bright red paint.

Just saw your post Frank. I am hyped for all of these. You can sign me up for any MGS2 figures you make right now.

If MGS2 Snake is starting in January I'll have to figure something out as I will be deployed starting that month and won't have Internet access but I'll make it work because missing that isnt really an option for me.

You can hit me up before you leave if you want man, i will probably have more info by then anyways

Just saw your post Frank. I am hyped for all of these. You can sign me up for any MGS2 figures you make right now.

If MGS2 Snake is starting in January I'll have to figure something out as I will be deployed starting that month and won't have Internet access but I'll make it work because missing that isnt really an option for me.

You can hit me up before you leave if you want man, i will probably have more info by then anyways

I appreciate that. I will likely just teach my wife how to keep up on your threads and and buy accordingly.:lol

Seriously can't wait to see what you come up with. I really hope a Raiden gets made as there is no chance of Hot Toys doing him. An Ocelot is a must as well. Can say how much I appreciate you putting these together Frank.

No problemo fellas. Without you all getting behind the projects, there would be nothing going forward anyway so thanks for supporting

I'd probably be in for Raiden too since it would look great with MGS2 Snake. Plus, I have both the Medi and HT Raidens.

Back