Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought a bunch of items to make a custom no one else is making right now, i was inspired by someone on youtube and their video i look at from time to time. Does anyone know the best member to contact for patches/decals?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Just finished the paint on the new AMNUR Venom Snake. That head is so good. Lots of details.

Here it is on my custom.

IMG_2788_zpsyqcg0urh.jpg

IMG_2794_zpsfzfch0px.jpg

IMG_2793_zpsrkg2vboo.jpg

IMG_2790_zps5xxav7z5.jpg

IMG_2789_zpsptt5zp6p.jpg

Where did you get the chest rig? from what figure?

Where did you get the chest rig? from what figure?

The vest is from a Dam Toys figure. It was camo and i paint it black with fabric paint.

Looking great Elvis! What fabric are you using for the scarf?

I used old ben robe, cut it to the right shape and weathered it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made this simple scarf from some Muslin I bought at Walmart, might need to futz it some more, but the overall look is there. Just waiting on the arm and idroid to arrive from LA :)
a5b470a7d11122ca3d149af00463c262.jpg

Fabric looks good. A good trick for scarf. Mix a bit of white glue with water. Soak the fabric in it, when it is still wet wrap it around the back and give it some shape. You will see once it's dry it will hold it's shape and looks natural.

Here's some progress on Venom Snake with the leather jacket look.

I'm toying with the idea of painting the robotic arm silver but again I kinda like the yellow.

Fabric looks good. A good trick for scarf. Mix a bit of white glue with water. Soak the fabric in it, when it is still wet wrap it around the back and give it some shape. You will see once it's dry it will hold it's shape and looks natural.

Thanks Elvis! I dipped it in some tan paint with hot water to "dye" it a bit so its not so white. Ill try your trick too. I get my arm today, any tips on how to attach it to the body?

So I was thinking about wrapping my Metal Bosses head in dandages and putting him in scrubs for an easy custom but man is it hard to find parts. Those green/blue pants and a body that doesn't look like garbage mostly exposed but still takes a heads-up with a neck is near impossible.

So I was thinking about wrapping my Metal Bosses head in dandages and putting him in scrubs for an easy custom but man is it hard to find parts. Those green/blue pants and a body that doesn't look like garbage mostly exposed but still takes a heads-up with a neck is near impossible.

I was gonna do mine with the onesixthkit head and a narrow shoulder body. I'm gonna make the pants and perhaps have the prosthetic arm sculpted. I think if you have him crawling on the ground he might look ok.

Dylan, check this out. It may work, though probably more expensive than you'd care to pay, especially for a gamble.

Barbie 1995 Ken Fashion Dr Hospital Scrubs 14378 | eBay

For the body, really you'd need something slim, and then it comes down to the acceptable amount of visible joints.
I'm planning on putting one of these together at some point, but I think I am going to sculpt a custom body for it.

Back