Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, looking back, I regret buying HT Raiden. I'm too scared to pose this guy at all. Had to get a replacement right out of the box with broken elbow joints. I got the exclusive too so paid CA tax which came out to over $300. So not worth it honestly.

Mine's Japanese stock and had unbroken elbow joints. I've moved them exactly once since receiving the figure, I even picked up a dynamic flight to go with it, and have never used it.

It's a beautiful figure but much like you I regret getting it because it's basically a statue to me at this point, I'm terrified of breaking the elbows. I also shelled out for the exclusive :lol

I don't mind the HT Raiden and my elbows never gave me issues. My only gripes were that the build quality feels fragile and the plastic felt like Gundam materials but the sculpt and paint are excellent. He looks magnificent on the shelf unlike Snake and the Boss, which looks like dog poo and I wished I never bought them.

I have the blue MGR Raiden and I love it for various reasons, so I'm generally not sure of if I need another Raiden or at least in the default color. That and I think $300 is still too much. I thought of having him alongside my MGS 3 Snake but I'm really thinking of selling that too...

Interesting... we get this but no other like Kaz or Ocelot? Gee thanks. :lol

M-005-17__94468.1473886855.1280.1280.jpg

https://www.ekiahobbies.com/mt-2016...akeup-sexy-sniper-1-6-scale-figure-accessory/

That's probably a really bad comparison because they'd be more likely to make Anakin :lol hell, even kid Anakin is more likely

I feel like selling my HT Snake, Boss, Raiden, and my two custom MGS3 and Peace Walker Snake. I'm pretty disenchanted with the franchise.

I would sell my HT Boss and Snake in a heartbeat, they're crappy figures, no other way to say it.

MGSV tends to have that effect on people. :lol

I threw away my MGS membership card after MGSV. I was really, really obsesses with the series for almost 20 years and that game was the final straw for me. It wasn't Metal Gear, it wasn't even good!

Go back and play even games like Ghost Babel and see how it just oozes with charm, atmosphere and quality that's missing from MGSV.

I loved MGS1, liked 2 when it came out (but didn't like it after I went back to it a few years later), loved 3, thought 4 was alright, liked Peace Walker for its gameplay, not so much the story. I even played portable ops and liked that. Then MGSV came and finally just had enough. Kojima lost his touch with all the nonsensical crap.

Got the rest of the yamato mgs2 minifigs in and the ocelot bust. I have a venom snake bust for super cheap if anyone wants one.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I thought ROTS Anakin was the coolest looking, I honestly didn't remember how he looked in AOTC. :lol
Younger with less emo hair I think, that was all :lol
I would sell my HT Boss and Snake in a heartbeat, they're crappy figures, no other way to say it.

I threw away my MGS membership card after MGSV. I was really, really obsesses with the series for almost 20 years and that game was the final straw for me. It wasn't Metal Gear, it wasn't even good!

Go back and play even games like Ghost Babel and see how it just oozes with charm, atmosphere and quality that's missing from MGSV.
Exactly how I feel. And I wasn't the biggest fan! I almost want to sell MGS V....I'm definitely getting rid of my HT Big Boss sometime. As much as I love MGS 3 and want a figure from that game, it's not even poseable. As for my PAKs...the money is too enticing and while I'm close to a good paying job, I still want to get rid of it.

MGSV had no bearing on my liking of the first 3 games, it made MGS4 look even better and made me appreciate the first 4 all the more if anything,

The games that is, and how they are the cream of the crop for the franchise. I see a very similar relation to RE in that sense. 1-3 great, the 4th one is ok.

The games that is, and how they are the cream of the crop for the franchise. I see a very similar relation to RE in that sense. 1-3 great, the 4th one is ok.
In my case it's not so much that I don't like 1-3 anymore rather it's the case where most of the recent merchandise are primarily sourced from MGSV (understandably). In this regard, it kinda makes collecting stuff from the series feel a bit demotivating.

Admittedly, I'm glad that Konami still recognizes MGR as being viable for merchandising and it's something that I can still cling to in terms of a great modern Metal Gear game.

Back