Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both series kinda walked the same path. Although had two separate circumstances.

RE got too involved with trying to be like the films and RE4 was so hugely successful, they went full action retard. Although, I'd still play any of the games above RE4 above anything past MGS4.

MGS got really weird (weirder than it already was) and Kojima had a little too much control over his own product and no one to veto it, or co write the games it seems. The games became too simplistic with it's scope and got too anime/Japanesy. Not to mention, the plots became straight fan fiction tier.

Yeah. I can't really comment on RE5/6 and the offshoots like umbrella chronicles etc because i haven't played them, but i get the same feel for how it all panned out.

The only difference between them is RE gets slammed and has done for awhile. MGS has literally only just started to from a majority of fans, and a lot of them are frosty mofos.

You seemingly can't like part of a franchise anymore. Your demoted to a love or hate relationship, you're either a kojibro or are bangwagoner who's 'turned their back on the franchise' because it's a cool thing to not like MGS anymore.

Both series kinda walked the same path. Although had two separate circumstances.

RE got too involved with trying to be like the films and RE4 was so hugely successful, they went full action retard. Although, I'd still play any of the games above RE4 above anything past MGS4.

MGS got really weird (weirder than it already was) and Kojima had a little too much control over his own product and no one to veto it, or co write the games it seems. The games became too simplistic with it's scope and got too anime/Japanesy. Not to mention, the plots became straight fan fiction tier.

Yeah. I can't really comment on RE5/6 and the offshoots like umbrella chronicles etc because i haven't played them, but i get the same feel for how it all panned out.

The only difference between them is RE gets slammed and has done for awhile. MGS has literally only just started to from a majority of fans, and a lot of them are frosty mofos.

You seemingly can't like part of a franchise anymore. Your demoted to a love or hate relationship, you're either a kojibro or are bangwagoner who's 'turned their back on the franchise' because it's a cool thing to not like MGS anymore.

Yeah, Survive for whatever reason brought out a lot of Kojima hate. I'm genuinely surprised to see all the "if Kojima did this you would eat his ass" level comments.

I'll never understand why it took so long for MGS to get hate when it's been bad in comparison to the first trilogy for 10 years now...

RE has been getting hate almost that long.

As for RE5-6... 5 is a well made game that has a story that fits in with the grand scheme of that universe but it started giving zombies guns... RE6 is just a cluster **** of globe trotting and too many playable characters... but was made well I guess. Still, I'd jump back into that way before V.

A lot of people rate PW highly, like top 4 teir (lol) and i can only attribute that to the lingering factors as to why it kept in the limelight so long. That and because up until GZ/TPP it still kept to it's roots

Yeah, Survive for whatever reason brought out a lot of Kojima hate. I'm genuinely surprised to see all the "if Kojima did this you would eat his ass" level comments.

I'll never understand why it took so long for MGS to get hate when it's been bad in comparison to the first trilogy for 10 years now...

RE has been getting hate almost that long.

As for RE5-6... 5 is a well made game that has a story that fits in with the grand scheme of that universe but it started giving zombies guns... RE6 is just a cluster **** of globe trotting and too many playable characters... but was made well I guess. Still, I'd jump back into that way before V.

A lot of people rate PW highly, like top 4 teir (lol) and i can only attribute that to the lingering factors as to why it kept in the limelight so long. That and because up until GZ/TPP it still kept to it's roots

PW is a great game... only for the gameplay. The story is only slightly more interesting than V, and that's not saying much. Amazing to think that MPO which wasn't directed Kojima is more relevant to the rest of the series than PW and V.

MPO was fantastic despite the clunky gameplay (which isn't an issue on the Vita). As I've said, it's truly the last great MGS.

It was the only attempt of deepening Big Boss's backstory that still felt very much attached to Snake Eater.

MPO isn't like a perfect game by any stretch, but you'd see a stark contrast compared to the bad writing that came after. I don't know if it's worth it to pick up a PSP and the game to play it, but maybe just watch a playthrough with all the cutscenes.

I had a psp but it got stolen, I thought about getting a vita but t it would literally be for about 3 games so I never ventured there again

If you can get it dirt cheap, it's worth a shot. I hate how Campbell is in MPO, to never be heard from again.

I had a psp but it got stolen, I thought about getting a vita but t it would literally be for about 3 games so I never ventured there again

PSTV plays Vita games on an HDTV, and it's like $40. Only downside is that the Vita exclusive Uncharted doesn't work on it for whatever reason.

I think MGS is way too nostalgia driven for people, and that's why they won't really listen. From the looks of it, MGS V is the first game several people played (Not sure why it would be) and that might explain their attachment. As much as I get it, the fans take their nostalgia to pretty outlandish and stupid degrees when they ignore problems outright and say things like 'I don't care because back in the day this was awesome.'. That's not an argument, that's....stating the obvious, this is 2016, not late 90s or mid 2000s. :lol

RE's hate is strange, I think it's due to the fact that Mikami and Kamiya left plus what Capcom did. There were questionable choices made before RE4 I think, like taking the system to Nintendo exclusives...where RE only had one game on before. I do wonder why Survive is bringing out all the hate....maybe it opened up peoples' eyes in some strange way.

PSTV plays Vita games on an HDTV, and it's like $40. Only downside is that the Vita exclusive Uncharted doesn't work on it for whatever reason.

Because Uncharted uses the front and rear touch pads, plus gyro and light sensor during the gameplay but yeah, if you want to play MPO, the cheapest option is a PSTV which would cost no more than $50 including the MPO game itself, which is $9.99. You'll get the luxury of dual analog sticks too, something MPO DESPERATELY needed.

I'm pretty much the same. It's really damning when I find myself actually going back to RE5-6 more than MGSV.

Gaspar was the mgsv poster child, he would talk about how much replay value there was and how wrong we were. I really liked it at first but the game got boring after so much time into it. I just like the collectibles at this point.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back