Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! What camera is that?

It's a Canon, I'm still getting used to it. The far shots aren't as good as I'd like, but the up close shots after highly defined compared to my old camera.

Nice pics! BTW do you know how to put the knife inside the holster in big boss's right boot?

Got to put it through the top of the loop, seems impossible but it's the way to do it.

Not bad! :duff The high resolution really does make a world of difference.

I'm not a photographer by any stretch, but I'm going to start experimenting with lighting and doing some photo-shoots with some of my more cherished stuff.

I took some shots of my DX09 I really like, that I'll be posting momentarily.

anyone ever order metal gear kai figures from amiami? If so how much does shipping generally run you for SAL or EMS?

All of these are prices from last year:
Rising Raiden via SAL (unregistered) 1,580 JPY.
MGS2 Raiden via EMS 2,720 JPY.

Not a MGS PAK, but got Leon S. Kennedy for 1,690 JPY and FFVII Vincent Valentine who has a bigger box for 2,090 JPY both via SAL registered.
It's just a few Yen/dollars more than unregistered SAL but you get tracking, it is my preferred shipping method from AmiAmi. Usually takes about
two weeks to arrive, sometimes (rarely) three but I don't mind waiting a bit because it's always a lot less than EMS when it comes to larger figures.

anyone ever order metal gear kai figures from amiami? If so how much does shipping generally run you for SAL or EMS?

I ordered PAK liquid and raiden from em. The shipping to Australia was 4000 yen. SAL would be cheaper of course but it's not reliable from what I have heard. Also, the shipment costs to oceania and the US are the same.

Dude.... some seriously nice posters!

I especially like the MGS Twin Snakes & MGS2 Substance poster. Musta cost you a fair few

Those are amazing. How will you display them?

Thanks guys, yea cost a little bit but I love the posters, As for display I have no room left anywhere so they will just be rolled up and put in cardboard tubes.

Also finnished up a little side project I have wanted to do for a long time now.
Since BB gungs are 100% Illegal here in Australia, looked around for ages and found this Beretta cap gun for $30
Beretta Parabellum cap gun.jpg

And then modifyed it to Match the MGS 2 Beretta M92F

Thanks guys, yea cost a little bit but I love the posters, As for display I have no room left anywhere so they will just be rolled up and put in cardboard tubes.

Also finnished up a little side project I have wanted to do for a long time now.
Since BB gungs are 100% Illegal here in Australia, looked around for ages and found this Beretta cap gun for $30

Awesome! Yeah, gun laws in Australia are some of the most strict there is.

View attachment 92747

AWESOME job. :clap

Hi guys, it's been a long time, how everything's going? how are you all?!
Any exciting news? I backlogged the forum and just saw that chibi-Raiden and black koto Rex, meh.
And also... I paid $300 for my medi raiden lol (although expected, it was from Indonesia and got shipped to Chile -south america-)

Sold my koto Rex and my 20th UDF figs. Took most of my stuff down and only have the other udfs, the McFarlane's and the vinyls still up. I repurposed my peace walker paks into 2 cubes because 8 of them and all the other things was way too crowded. I'm going to box up all the blister packs and cut up the lighting they were using and make double lighting in the detolfs. I'm also going to use 1 12v power source per cabinet instead of everything through just one. Its going to be so ridiculously bright in there!!!

Here's some pics.

utyvera9.jpg

8eqa9aru.jpg

9abyqe5a.jpg

Figma Solid Snake would beat anything Revoltech could do, man this is awesome. Quite the plot twist but wow, I'm happy. Hopefully we can get some statues too, and side characters. PAK only seems to do playable, main characters and major villians, rarely side characters but GSC does a lot from franchises usually. Also need to post my MGS collection sometime, however small it may be.

Back