Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe if they hadnt lost their ball$ with MGS 4 and decided to make it Ocelot was delusional/therapy whatever id of bought the supernatural aspect of the arm possessing Ocelot. Its not outside the realm paranormal stuff we have had before in MGS.

Last edited:
I played mgs 1 - 4 as they came out, but not any of the other titles. I try not to think about the story after the first one to be honest, or I cant take it seriously. I mean, Ocelot became posessed by Liquid when he grafted on his severed hand, right?

Nope, only made to look so in order to deceive the Patriots and take them down inadvertently. Ocelot actually used hypnotherapy and nano-machines to make it appear as though he was possessed.

There's even a funny bit I think hidden in MGS4 where The Sorrow is disappointed that his son lacks any spiritual power.

All the Big Boss vs. Solid Snake discussions are always a great read. Everyone always has such valid points for both parties and really shows of individual personal likes of each person. I suppose it's always hard to judge a person just by regular forum nonsense. It doesn't become apparent until people delve into their own reasons that some of the real info gems get uncovered. I learn/remember things most days i browse the MGS threads

There will never be a true winner as not only does personality and like-ability come into play but appearance as well. Some people prefer a older, more seasoned veteran look like the new Big Boss iteration while others will always have a soft spot for the original. Let's not forget Big Boss is what he is today because of Solid Snake

My personal favourite is MGS2 Snake with MGS sneaking suit (although i really like the tac vest and mag clip setup on MGS2 suit) set in the Big Boss era or Shadow Moses

One thing i've always hated is the AI. Should never have been introduced in any of the games they should have just kept to cameras and other forms of surveillance etc

Images_2.jpg

solid-snake-et-big-boss-metal-gear-solid-4.jpg

Id love these in HT.

Last edited:
Looks like Liquid even inherited Big Boss' taste in outerwear :lol

The only real difference i can see is the cuffs

We need an origins story of that coat. I hope its in MGSV with its own DLC playable mission.

1003979_10151664887900141_1401407976_n.jpg

solid snake mgs2 from ancient PS2 ? pffftt, screw that, lets make another big boss from PS4

Well... Can't say I'm surprised. Just a little annoyed that its basically the same one we got for Peace Walker Sneaking Suit except with no bandana. We'd probably get additional GZ gadgets like the NVG but not much else will be different.

I'd much rather they do a "Punished Snake" and throw in a spare GZ head to place on the existing Peace Walker. But than again... Why sell one figure when you can sell two I suppose. Sigh.

it'll be better than the PW one in every aspect. He looks way better here than in PW anyways do not be disheartened!

Well... Can't say I'm surprised. Just a little annoyed that its basically the same one we got for Peace Walker Sneaking Suit except with no bandana. We'd probably get additional GZ gadgets like the NVG but not much else will be different.

I'd much rather they do a "Punished Snake" and throw in a spare GZ head to place on the existing Peace Walker. But than again... Why sell one figure when you can sell two I suppose. Sigh.

It's Fox Hound coat, you all can see it in first Metal Gear Solid (on the art'sbook) all Fox Hound members wearing those coat.

:exactly:

The only major difference is probably it's going to be an inch taller than the last Sneaking Suit figure.

1003979_10151664887900141_1401407976_n.jpg

solid snake mgs2 from ancient PS2 ? pffftt, screw that, lets make another big boss from PS4
So the time has come for me to sell my PW Big Boss ... Hope it will be "taller" than the old one.

There will be more Solid figures to come for sure (like Pliskin, sneaking and Old)... eventually.
Patience is a virtue, my friends

It's Fox Hound coat, you all can see it in first Metal Gear Solid (on the art'sbook) all Fox Hound members wearing those coat.
Both sneaking suit and the coat were the uniform for the FOX unit. (Gene was wearing both in MPO)

Yeah, the NES version of Metal Gear was a completely botched, Americanized version of the original MSX 2 game.

Back