Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So US$150 can buy me all of these:

402449103.jpg

Will Solidus Snake be that awesome, to be equivalent to these figures?!?!?! :slap :tap

That price is ridiculous. I might still get it though... I mean, Solidus is my favorite character aside from Solid Snake (it's pretty obvious :lol).

It's without a doubt the best thing Play Arts has produced and it seems heavy with with the accessories compared to other figs. I'd like a couple Arsenal Tengus.

If I were to get Solidus, I'd have to recycle some collectibles (sell unwanted ones) as I always do for figures which I think are a bit pricey that I don't wanna shell money out. :slap

You guys must be dedicated if you're still thinking of paying that much for Solidus. I think $150 for a 'Play Arts Kai' figure is ridiculous. I'm sticking with thinking that the 12000 Yen price tag is some kind of mistake.

Sweet figure though.

Yeah it has to be a mistake. For around $40-70 most of the figures are a pretty good deal, especially the larger scale ones. Over $100 and no matter how big the type of figures these are and the general overall detail and quality just ain't worth it.

It's a great figure though, probably will be the best Play Arts Kai release ever, because of it being very close to the likeness in the videogame, and the loads of accessories. I just don't understand why the price will triple. :(

So $ 150 and 25 to ship really so $175 really really Play arts I am hoping that this is a typo so

I can get the new Batman for ¥5,800 with out the discount and you are telling me I have to pay 175 shipped to get this you must be on some good stuff man

Maybe the $150 price tag is for a case of 2 which would make these at $75 a piece. That would be much more inline with it being a bulkier figure and more accessories.
Does anyone know how these things are packed, do they come in a case of 2?

So it's 9080 Yen at a 24% discount at Amiami. If you add the 24% back on, the price is around 11260 Yen. Which is around $142US. Wow, what happened to SE's pricing. $142 for this?

FIG-IPN-4453_01.jpg

FIG-IPN-4453_07.jpg

PVC Pre-painted Action Figure
Size: Appx. 135 x 265 x 120mm

[Set Contents]
-Main figure
-P-90 x 2
-Magazine pouch
-Minshuto (sword)
-Kyowato (sword)
-Optional hand part x 4

Even with the discount it's around $115US. Although I think the figure is nearly 30cm (26.5cm), if I'm reading the specs correctly. That's a plus I guess, right?

One shop here in bkk has it for pre-order already, the price is approximately
@ 5000 THB. ($158) .....:horror The price is equal to HT ! Seriously ? Is there
a possibility that they are giving the iPhone case as well ?

Does anyone have a list of all the MGS Kubricks? Thanks and regards

If i'm not mistaken, here are all of them

Kubrick Metal Gear 20th Anniversary
Solid Snake (MGS) / Cyborg Ninja (MGS) / Naked Snake - Sneaking ver. (MGS3)
Old Snake (MGS4) / Raiden (MGS4)
Chases: Clear Cyborg Ninja & Solid Snake

Kubrick Metal Gear Solid Collectors Edition #2
Old Snake - Face camo (MGS4) / Solidus Snake (MGS2) / Liquid Ocelot (MGS4)
Liquid Snake (MGS1) / Iroquois Pliskin (MGS2) / PMC soldier (MGS4)
Chases: Clear Old Snake & Naked Snake (Sneaking ver?)

Kubrick Metal Gear Solid 2 (alll are from MGS2 as the name implies)
Solid Snake / Olga Gurlukovich / Revolver Ocelot / Otacon
Gurlukovich Soldier Tiger Stripe / Gurlukovich Soldier Woodland
Chases: Raiden & Gurlukovich Soldier Night Vision

Limited editions all of them are Naked Snake in different camo
Cold War (2005p) / Square camo (500p) / Tiger Stripe (?) / Olive Drab (?)

Last edited:
Oh man! :slap It's what I have feared - Square Enix is capitalizing on the popularity & sales they have gained (despite Q.C. issues similar to Hot Toys), and is starting to increase their prices starting with Solidus. :gah:

One shop here in bkk has it for pre-order already, the price is approximately
@ 5000 THB. ($158) .....:horror The price is equal to HT ! Seriously ? Is there
a possibility that they are giving the iPhone case as well ?

If i'm not mistaken, here are all of them

Kubrick Metal Gear 20th Anniversary
Solid Snake (MGS) / Cyborg Ninja (MGS) / Naked Snake - Sneaking ver. (MGS3)
Old Snake (MGS4) / Raiden (MGS4)
Chases: Clear Cyborg Ninja & Solid Snake

Kubrick Metal Gear Solid Collectors Edition #2
Old Snake - Face camo (MGS4) / Solidus Snake (MGS2) / Liquid Ocelot (MGS4)
Liquid Snake (MGS1) / Iroquois Pliskin (MGS2) / PMC soldier (MGS4)
Chases: Clear Old Snake & Naked Snake (Sneaking ver?)

Kubrick Metal Gear Solid 2 (alll are from MGS2 as the name implies)
Solid Snake / Olga Gurlukovich / Revolver Ocelot / Otacon
Gurlukovich Soldier Tiger Stripe / Gurlukovich Soldier Woodland
Chases: Raiden & Gurlukovich Soldier Night Vision

Limited editions all of them are Naked Snake in different camo
Cold War (2005p) / Square camo (500p) / Tiger Stripe (?) / Olive Drab (?)

thanks a lot =)

Well it was nice while it lasted I not understanding what is so special about this figure that they will charge this much for.

And will this trend continue with all other play arts figures? Mass effect figures due in August are still the usual price and what of the new figures they showed Lara Craft and Hitman what will be their price

HLJ has him for $129

https://www.hlj.com/product/ENX31701

Come and get him

Last edited:
That really sucks that in one release (Meryl to Solidus) they go from being a great deal to arguably being overpriced. I usually avoid saying overpriced like the plague but when you released a very similar figure a month or two ago for less than half what you're charging now that seems like a pretty good case for "overpriced".

Really bums me out if this isn't just an isolated thing for Solidus. Means I am now no longer willing to buy from the line so no Raiden or any of the other figures I'd want but haven't been made like the rest of MGS1 Foxhound or a lot of the guys from MGS2.

Back