Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tough crowd! I'm not the biggest MGS fan but I haven't played these in quite awhile so I definitely get it day one. I'm just hoping the PC port isn't botched as it's becoming a bit common nowadays, the last Konami compilation I got (Cowabunga Collection) was absolutely fantastic.

Yeah don’t give the ones who originally funded metal gear solid… plus this is why physical media is going away
Calm down bud. You wanna buy 10 copies you go right ahead. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy it, in fact, I specifically implied that at least a port of the game was long overdue. It's always a good thing for newcomers to have easy access to a beloved franchise like this, but I personally just don't care if we get 10 remasters or remakes. Metal Gear "died" when Kojima left Konami. Just take a look at Metal Gear Survive.

Also physical media has been in decline for a while now, buying/not buying this remaster isn't gonna change that.

The MGS games have always been like time-capsules - relevant only to the consoles of their respective releases. It's telling, that each game would incorporate some sort of fourth-wall, interactive console-play into the narrative, to educate players about how the current technology of the time is helping to further their gameplay compared to past titles. That said, I still think back about the change-disc section of the Psycho Mantis boss fight in MGS 1 - as it was a very thoughtful attempt of merging the real world into a virtual experience (and I doubt nuances like that would be incorporated into the Master Collection in a very relevant, or meaningful way).

I still play the games on a backward compatible PS2, and now with a CRT. Anything less, and I'd feel like I'm selling myself short. Sure, there's the storyline narrative of an MGS game, but that's only aspect of the series, and it gets emphacized way too much in my opinion.

Very well said.

Calm down bud. You wanna buy 10 copies you go right ahead. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy it, in fact, I specifically implied that at least a port of the game was long overdue. It's always a good thing for newcomers to have easy access to a beloved franchise like this, but I personally just don't care if we get 10 remasters or remakes. Metal Gear "died" when Kojima left Konami. Just take a look at Metal Gear Survive.

Also physical media has been in decline for a while now, buying/not buying this remaster isn't gonna change that.

Very well said.
and it is in decline because companies find it cheaper to sell digital copies than physical at the same price while also skipping most of the middlemen. The cost of running the server and letting sony take their cut is much lower than cost to transport and distribution, case, cover, manual, disc and wrappers plus margin for physical stores.

They slowly cut down the physical copies like slow cooking the customers until it became a norm by making it difficult for physical disc players (difficulty of purchase, needing the disc inserted as key, forcing full installation, giving free upgrade for digital copy owners, dlc bundles for digital, refund policies etc).

most folks are now ok with paying full price for a game that cannot be resold or transferred and possible discontinued for ever without hacks.

by going digital it also u cap the storage limits of discs allowing game makers to be less effocient in optimization and compression.

digital console games dont usually get as much discount as steam games coz its obviously easier to hack pc games.

Very well said.
Yeah and not buying physical media gives them more of a reason to quit making it. Kids today are so dumb and open to giving up what they’ve paid for. You buy digital you rent until they take it away.
As far as kojima, he’s getting even weirder in his storytelling. Mgsv albeit the best gameplay experience had the worst story. Death stranding was just full of weird.
Everyone wants to bash Konami but who paid for metal gear to be made? Who’s reviving it? They know survive was a massive misstep and loss. That’s why they’re gauging the interest in the franchise again. And yeah I’ll buy metal gear 40 times if it means I OWN it.

Everyone wants to bash Konami but who paid for metal gear to be made? Who’s reviving it? They know survive was a massive misstep and loss. That’s why they’re gauging the interest in the franchise again. And yeah I’ll buy metal gear 40 times if it means I OWN it.

If they actually cared about reviving the franchise with any kind of prestige then they should have put more effort into Master Collection. As it stands they're minimum effort ports for what I would consider a too-high price point. Look at what Nightdive are doing with 90s FPSes for example, those are proper high effort ports and revivals - I'm not saying we should expect that kind of level from Konami for every game in Master Collection, but something better than what they're serving would be good.

To me, it feels they're still not treating the franchise with respect - better than Survive, yes, but that's a very low bar.

If they actually cared about reviving the franchise with any kind of prestige then they should have put more effort into Master Collection. As it stands they're minimum effort ports for what I would consider a too-high price point. Look at what Nightdive are doing with 90s FPSes for example, those are proper high effort ports and revivals - I'm not saying we should expect that kind of level from Konami for every game in Master Collection, but something better than what they're serving would be good.

To me, it feels they're still not treating the franchise with respect - better than Survive, yes, but that's a very low bar.
Metal gear solid delta has already shown what they’re capable of doing with remasters/remake. Do say that’s low effort is funny.

We've seen barely anything of Delta outside of like five screenshots and a rendered trailer. I'm reserving judgement on that. It also doesn't justify MC being what it is, in my opinion.
Well if you’ve played remakes of re then I’m sure it’ll be along those lines.
The collection is for fans and for new people who’ve never played the old Nintendo versions nor the PlayStation title. Plus it’s nice to have it all on a disc.

Guys chill Konami as a game company has never been positively received when it comes down to remaster/remakes. Look at all the silent hill remasters/HD and let us see how SH2 remake goes. Their PC ports however still on top of every console system in terms of graphic.

Even Twin Snake wasnt that great they turned it into a Matrix wannabe (just like what capcom did to leon in RE4).

Guys chill Konami as a game company has never been positively received when it comes down to remaster/remakes. Look at all the silent hill remasters/HD and let us see how SH2 remake goes. Their PC ports however still on top of every console system in terms of graphic.

Even Twin Snake wasnt that great they turned it into a Matrix wannabe (just like what capcom did to leon in RE4).
Minus the changes to twin snakes it’s better than not getting an update to the og metal gear

About Delta, I'm OK with them just doing the same game with updated graphics but they have to nail the cut-scenes. If the faces look off it will just ruin the whole experience.

Can someone remind me regarding limtoys 1/6 two pack set, did it come with 1 or 2 bodies and which outfit was on the body if theres only 1.

coz i noticed the pants on the punish snake is kinda tight and the crotch protruding i wonder if it was the default body or did i use the zc body v1 which had thicker thigh compared to zc body v2 cant remember since it was years ago and it was the only affordable necked body back then.

Can someone remind me regarding limtoys 1/6 two pack set, did it come with 1 or 2 bodies and which outfit was on the body if theres only 1.

coz i noticed the pants on the punish snake is kinda tight and the crotch protruding i wonder if it was the default body or did i use the zc body v1 which had thicker thigh compared to zc body v2 cant remember since it was years ago and it was the only affordable necked body back then.
It came with 2 bodies (2 complete figures).

I wonder if it's using the Fox Engine in conjunction with Unreal Engine 5. The movement looks similar to MGS V, so it's definitely not just a reskin of MGS 3.

Back