Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wondered about that. Tell us about your experience meeting him Solidus! You went with Rey (SOLIDSNAKE) if I'm not mistaken?

Tell us about Shinlkawa too.

Well, I met up with Ray in 2010. We got to meet Kojima twice in the same day. First, at the Uniqlo Store in SoHo, and then at the Best Buy in Union Square later in the evening. It was such an incredible day.

There were two more signings last year in NYC; one on June 14th and another on the 15th. I went both of them by myself. I was really sick on the first signing, with a fever and sniffling, but I toughed it out, because I really wanted to meet Shinkawa :lol.

Afterwards, I met up with a fellow SSF member, Evrybdyluvsjosh (who came REALLY late in the day, but still managed to make it). Shinkawa drew an incredible sketch of Snake for him. Josh seriously walked away with the best signatures in that entire event.

The next signing on the 15th was... freakin' AMAZING. Yoji actually remembered me from the previous day, and said "Thank you for coming again" :monkey1 :thud:.

I'd repost some pics of what I got signed, but like I told you in our PMs, I don't want anyone copying the signatures.

In case you guys want to see me at the midnight launch of MGS 4 in 2008 - I'm in this video :lol.

Around 0:36 to 0:41, you'll see a small snippet of me in a white hat and blue shirt, just outside of the sidewalk. I was standing next to my dad (with a blue hat) and next to a PSU forum buddy with a yellow shirt.

[ame]https://youtu.be/YNWmYYkP-EA[/ame]

That's just amazing Solidus! I wouldn't trade that experience for anything else. Bringing your dad for an extra autograph was a smart move too. You're a lucky man. :lol

While we're on the subject, you can see me at 00:46 and 00:59 with the brown coat chatting with Norikiho Hibino. There's an interview with Hibino and erm, the Asian ladies.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873ASiSdomw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873ASiSdomw[/ame]

I can't believe I was the only one who demanded to meet Hibino. Glad I had the stones to confront the organizers. :lol

That's just amazing Solidus! I wouldn't trade that experience for anything else. Bringing your dad for an extra autograph was a smart move too. You're a lucky man. :lol

While we're on the subject, you can see me at 00:46 and 00:59 with the brown coat chatting with Norikiho Hibino. There's an interview with Hibino and erm, the Asian ladies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873ASiSdomw

I can't believe I was the only one who demanded to meet Hibino. Glad I had the stones to confront the organizers. :lol

Representing your fellow "Brown Coats", I see! :rock

That's a one-of-a-kind signature/meeting right there! I'd love to meet Hibino one of these days.

My dad really wanted to drop by after work see what all the fuss was about. After that, he never went back to another midnight signing :lol.

Cool stories. Ill have to find you guys when i get to my computer at home.

probably OMW to do something great, again.

I'm like Waldo in those signing videos :lol. You'll really have to look around to find me. There were a few more, at different singing events, but I'll have to find them.

Cool stories. Ill have to find you guys when i get to my computer at home.

Hope to see you at something eventually Jason!

Representing your fellow "Brown Coats", I see! :rock

That's a one-of-a-kind signature/meeting right there! I'd love to meet Hibino one of these days.

My dad really wanted to drop by after work see what all the fuss was about. After that, he never went back to another midnight signing :lol.

I really wanna see him dropping by the states someday so you guys can meet him. He was so in love with my country that he setup his only Gem Impact music studio branch here. :lol

And yeah, I always wear some kind of brown coat for something important, it makes me mighty.

I'm like Waldo in those signing videos :lol. You'll really have to look around to find me. There were a few more, at different singing events, but I'll have to find them.

Why didn't you record videos yourself? Yeah the excitement, I know. I gave my cellphone to a total stranger to record me and Hibino and I totally forgot about it! Thank God he rushed to find me at the exit, could have been a disaster! :slap

I can't find Solidus in the video. >.>

Also for people who collected the PAK MGRR Raidens, how much did you guys pay for White and Blue Raiden each?

$130 white, $160 blue. I got ripped a bit.

Btw i would love to go to an event and meet some online peeps in a heartbeat. Id only go to something in the new englandish area though!

Well, I met up with Ray in 2010. We got to meet Kojima twice in the same day. First, at the Uniqlo Store in SoHo, and then at the Best Buy in Union Square later in the evening. It was such an incredible day.

There were two more signings last year in NYC; one on June 14th and another on the 15th. I went both of them by myself. I was really sick on the first signing, with a fever and sniffling, but I toughed it out, because I really wanted to meet Shinkawa :lol.

Afterwards, I met up with a fellow SSF member, Evrybdyluvsjosh (who came REALLY late in the day, but still managed to make it). Shinkawa drew an incredible sketch of Snake for him. Josh seriously walked away with the best signatures in that entire event.

The next signing on the 15th was... freakin' AMAZING. Yoji actually remembered me from the previous day, and said "Thank you for coming again" :monkey1 :thud:.

I'd repost some pics of what I got signed, but like I told you in our PMs, I don't want anyone copying the signatures.

Thats a cool story, Ive seen some people sell the signatures with a Shinkawa sketch before but always loose them in the end. I would love to get some stuff signed in person but don't think either of them have come to Australia :(
Im hoping that when Ground Zeros or Phantom Pain are released then they might come here and if they do i will fly anywhere in Australia to meet them!

Can you either post up what you have signed or PM them as I always love seeing signed stuff :clap

got this today, didnt have a chance til now to open it. cold war kubrick - $37

11318126485_aad84c6e48_h.jpg

The company i work for is owned by my friend and we use Hiromi Sato one of the MGS1 animators who does freelance for us.

She got Yoji to draw a picture of MGS1 Snake for my friend, one of a kind named and signed by him, pretty jelous

vj1w.jpg

Last edited:
The company i work for is owned by my friend and we use Hiromi Sato one of the MGS1 animators who does freelance for us.

She got Yoji to draw a picture of MGS1 Snake for my friend, one of a kind named and signed by him, pretty jelous

That's actually a great story. Did your friend ever posted the art online?

Back