Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holy mother of.. that's expensive! I think you should ask Jason (WellCQC) bout these Yamato figures, he has a good eye for these. He helped me out scoring a Yamato Sniper Wolf a while back (though I ended up not buying it).

I just LOVE the Yamato figures, there's something so quaint about them yet easily brought up to today's standards if needed.

Well the guy ignored my post previously :lol

And don't get me wrong I'd love to buy 'em for such prices but since I'm in Russia it'd end up being x1.5 more expensive due to ridiculous shipping costs.

Ignored who? I didnt see your post. I was going to offer some stuff recently i found and a few yamatos cheap. There was a couple on ebay yesterday. Unfortunately i cannot help the location problem. Good luck, ill make sure to keep you in mind when im looking in the future.

probably OMW to do something great, again.

And don't get me wrong I'd love to buy 'em for such prices but since I'm in Russia it'd end up being x1.5 more expensive due to ridiculous shipping costs.

I feel your struggle bro :1-1: the same thing over here, damned trade agreements got me paying $40 or $50 for a decent safe shipping :lol and even then it takes about 10 days to arrive, it's crazy.

I did. Together with Revo Snake. My goodies have been shipped from Amiami, but not sure when I'll get it.

should be getting my revo raiden today from bbts, i cant wait. did anyone else get this?

He's in my pile of loot with a bunch of other stuff. I was planning on waiting until Raiden and Liquid come in to BBTS, but I may have to axe that plan if they don't show up soon.

Has anybody ever read the fan webcomic The Last Days of Foxhound?. I read them many years ago and loved it but I forgot most about it, revisiting it right now.

P/s: It's good!

https://www.doctorshrugs.com/foxhound/comic.php?id=1

Saw your post, read the whole comic in a span of like.. 24 hours I think? lol. ****ing AMAZING! lol. I already loved Liquid, but for some reason, this made me love him even more. Kojima should turn that comic into a game, it would be guaranteed epicness.

Can't we like, ask Square Enix/Konami to make these toys more game accurate next time? Those PAKs are nice, but way too stylized. I just want this one FFS.

Raiden.jpg

Only HT could get it right, you'll never get that from pak, thats not their style :dunno

The figure looks like a girl with no boobs so its pretty close

Actually, neither does Hot Toys unfortunately. The Naked Snake sculpt was sort of based off the 3DS game with some liberties taken as well (such as the mullet).

The only company that seemed to got it right (in sculpt, at least) was Medicom, but they don't have the license anymore. :mad:

You think medicom did a good job with the HS ? damn.. this REALLY is a subjective topic...

well, to each his own.. I love Naked Snake and the Boss, I think we'll agree on something, the world needs more and better MGS2/3/4 figures :lecture the lack of MGS3 figures forced me to buy the Metal Boss with a random tiger stipe BDU

$T2eC16NHJFoFH5LBpUGeBSe)sud4C!~~60_57.JPG

not exactly accurate.. but I like it

Last edited:
You think medicom did a good job with the HS ? damn.. this REALLY is a subjective topic...

well, to each his own.. I love Naked Snake and the Boss

No, there's nothing wrong per se with the HT Naked Snake and Boss, just that in terms off accuracy they're both definitely off. Sure, one could make the argument that translating a videogame character to a realistic 1/6 figure can't be done but in reality there is enough definition in the 3D models for that to be realized. IDM customs is aiming just that as of now. :yess:

Medicom really did a good job with their MGS headsculpts, but certainly failed big time with the paint applications, so much so that they look terrible out of the box, even for their time.

Upon stripping the paint of the (Medicom) headsculpts and looking at the pause menu of MGS3/4, I found that the sculpts are indeed very faithful to the games.

But still, the award for "most accurate MGS figure out of the box" has to go with the Peace Walker Snake.

No, there's nothing wrong per se with the HT Naked Snake and Boss, just that in terms off accuracy they're both definitely off. Sure, one could make the argument that translating a videogame character to a realistic 1/6 figure can't be done but in reality there is enough definition in the 3D models for that to be realized. IDM customs is aiming just that as of now. :yess:

Medicom really did a good job with their MGS headsculpts, but certainly failed big time with the paint applications, so much so that they look terrible out of the box, even for their time.

Upon stripping the paint of the (Medicom) headsculpts and looking at the pause menu of MGS3/4, I found that the sculpts are indeed very faithful to the games.

But still, the award for "most accurate MGS figure out of the box" has to go with the Peace Walker Snake.

Oh I know what you mean, the in-game versions will always be the fan favourite. I guess since the HT guys think they are the best in the business they think they can do whatever they want :lol .. I can't argue with that, no matter how inaccurate the figure is , If I like it I buy it. The wait for the perfect figure never ends.

I never really liked any Medicom figure, maybe the blond girl from Death note but thats it, sometimes their figures look somewhat cartoonish imho.

The pak Peace Walker? I agree, its the msot accurate figure... and it was made by play arts, I really didn't see that coming. I only have the battle dress version but I'll get the rest I love what they did with the PW line

I feel your struggle bro :1-1:
the same thing over here, damned trade agreements got me paying $40 or $50 for a decent safe shipping :lol
and even then it takes about 10 days to arrive, it's crazy.

For me it'd be three weeks at best and three months if purchased around December :lol

Back