Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least we get a MGS4 tease we're almost guaranteed a Old Snake since Hot Toys really doesn't get into a line and do one figure, rarely happens unless it's the only character in the license or the only one worth doing. There is a myriad of MGS characters that would sell like hot cakes.

As long as it's not a silly suit you wear towards the end of the game bring on MGS4.

As long as it's not a silly suit you wear towards the end of the game bring on MGS4.

Silly suit? I'd like to make Old Snake in the suit her wears at Arlington. It would be something if they did old Big Boss. That would be the only Big Boss merch I'd be behind since that is the only cool Big Boss anymore and not the cry baby punished ***** version.

Silly suit? I'd like to make Old Snake in the suit her wears at Arlington. It would be something if they did old Big Boss. That would be the only Big Boss merch I'd be behind since that is the only cool Big Boss anymore and not the cry baby punished ***** version.

Having them both from that scene would meen I could stop collecting and be happy forever:peace

Amiami has decreased the price of 'the boss' to 6550 yen which is approximately equal to $66 USD.

https://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-001829&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_agelimit%3D0%24s_condition_flg%3D0%24s_maker%3DHot+Toys%24pagemax%3D30%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Can't believe I paid $165 launch price in Singapore :mad:

Ryan, this would be a good time to buy the boss just in case you are still interested in getting her. :)

I paid $220 for The Boss :lol.

Amiami has decreased the price of 'the boss' to 6550 yen which is approximately equal to $66 USD.

https://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-001829&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_agelimit%3D0%24s_condition_flg%3D0%24s_maker%3DHot+Toys%24pagemax%3D30%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Can't believe I paid $165 launch price in Singapore :mad:

Ryan, this would be a good time to buy the boss just in case you are still interested in getting her. :)

Wow! Looks like I'll probably get her once I'm done with other priorities. Thanks for the link.

I knew The Boss would probably go down in value but not like this. :lol

P/s: We could make a fortune selling her here in Malaysia/Singapore! :lol

I agree with this

I'd actually quite like a MGS4 Big Boss it's his best looking version

It's how I originally viewed him for back in MGS1

I'll pick Raiden up but i gotta admit it's my least favourite version. Rising is now probably the best version of Raiden and then MGS2

Looks like they are following up after all....Howard chan just confirmed from an interview for a MGS4 raiden licence (I think it was the one who won from the poll months ago right?)... the big question is WHEN :lol
pages are in Chinese tho
https://www.toy-people.com/?p=22918
https://www.toy-people.com/?p=22945

EDIT: Translated portion of the interview here.. just took the part with the mgs4 mention
1385800_10151743058328108_541208570_n.jpg

Last edited:
So, I guess Hot Toys just the MGS 4 license for Raiden only. Too bad they didn't mention Old Snake.

Edit: Howard really needs to clean his iPhone, by the way.

So, I guess Hot Toys just the MGS 4 license for Raiden only. Too bad they didn't mention Old Snake.

Edit: Howard really needs to clean his iPhone, by the way.

Too bad we were sooooo close in having a grayfox and solid snake being developed bythem... but the people voted for mgs4 raiden... i just wish they dont use a rubber body like the ones they used for the 1st dark night.. those rip trough time...

I kinda wish they hadn't choose to go with Raiden first, i know why they did it but i wish they hadn't

imho MGS4 has the weakest character designs. I guess you can say the BB unit is kinda cool but again i don't think they really are that well designed.

I doubt i'd pick them up in all honesty

Wow! Looks like I'll probably get her once I'm done with other priorities. Thanks for the link.

I knew The Boss would probably go down in value but not like this. :lol

P/s: We could make a fortune selling her here in Malaysia/Singapore! :lol

Haha, the boss sells for around $100 USD in Singapore now man. Not sure about Malaysia though. Don't think many people want to buy her lol

I don't think they did re-release The Boss

They just sold that little there practically having to give her away :lol

Damn! I decided to pay the high price thinking that they will also sell out like the other VGM hot toys. Can't believe they re-released the boss and not the other vgm figures.

yeah im thinking its all overstock. if i could afford another i would buy one to part out and bash a bdu version. id rather do something else with my monies right now.

Back