Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the same. I like to see before I buy. I guess commissions are a bit of gamble going in solo. Might pay a crazy amount, & have nobody interested in the final product. Even if it's a good sculpt, peeps might have already moved on from The Boss figure.

Yes if it was for iphone 4 :( the 5 I would display until I get a new iphone.

You're keeping the PAK sealed yet you have intention of using these iPhone cases? Now where's the fun in that? :lol

Why were those cases so damn expensive anyway?

It's easy to imagine that these cases appeal to a much broader market than just us geeks who collects toys.

wasn't that raiden from MGS4

Yes that's the 1/6 Medicom Raiden from MGS4. Kiva was just showcasing his custom decals he got from user evilface.

Will you be using it? That will be one mighty expensive accessory.

I have that case, the one from this years Comic Con. its in Gun Metal Gray. I have to admit, its freaking awesome! It was $100, indeed super expensive for a phone accessory. But if I have a collection thats worth at least a couple thousand...I treated the purchase of this case as an addition to my collection xD

Some gripes about it, it does cut my phones reception a bit though :/ so if you live in a spotty area, this will NOT help.

I get so many compliments on the case, even by non gamers. It has a really cool strong design. But besides spotty reception, it can hide dust under the phone...just things like that. However they are pretty dismissible :rotfl

Foxhound iPhone 5 Case by BigBoss9293, on Flickr

You're keeping the PAK sealed yet you have intention of using these iPhone cases? Now where's the fun in that? :lol
I have snake sneaking suit, all AIs ('cept basilisk) and cyborg ninja opened. xD Unfortunately the gun for ninja is loose and falls off the joint with gravity :(

I wished I had a RAY. My MGS2 was bought loose. Anyway, clear nail polish should do the trick on fixing the joints.

So my Jungle Fatigues Snake and Kaz arrived from the Konami Store yesterday; Kaz is the Premium Package version. He looks pretty cool, but I'm curious as to how rare he is?

hey I wanna show how I posed one of my BAF rays using the PAK stand.
I wanted to replicate ray jumping out of water, which is one of my fav features of ray

https://sphotos-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/603891_4057924744754_260900151_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/544188_4057924944759_287046821_n.jpg
It's was tricky at first but I got it stable enough to withstand my wobbly bookshelf and hasn't fall off yet.
Thats badass. Thats why i wish 3A Ray was the tailed version as id like to have him mid-dive

Hello my friends! :wave

I'm new here, but not new to Metal Gear, so I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself as I am happy to be here and discussing Metal Gear Solid with you!

My name is Mike!

I never knew MGS1 McFarlane existed when I was younger, but one Christmas, years ago, I got cash from my family as an early Xmas present, and I could spend it on anything I wanted, so I grabbed MGS2 at EB Games, (lol, they don't even exist around where I live anymore) and my Dad just kinda hinted that I shouldn't get it (it was was already wrapped and under the tree for official Xmas) so I looked over and BAM! MGS2 figures from McFarlane.
:yess:
So I grabbed Raiden, Olga, Revolver and Fortune! But something was missing... Like the two figures I wanted most! So I bought those 4, then dragged my Dad around town, went to another EBGames, and I found Solidus! Got him, but the main figure I wanted was no where to be seen. So I went to one more EBGames and found Solid Snake! My life was complete, and so was Metal Gear Ray!

Wow, now here we are, around 11 years later. Build-a-Ray is out, and $400-a-Ray is in. What can I say? I'm actually new to the Play Arts Kai line. When I saw the protos for Peace Walker Snake and stuff, I was like "I gotta get that" but once I realized the scale, I was turned off because I didn't want to mix the scales.

But now I just moved into my new home, got a new display case, and I know my PAK MGS collection is just what I need to capture everyone's eye when they see my collection. Not to mention I'll probably get Bankrupt-a-Rex and Ray to steal the show.

Well, not to ramble on, I'll post pictures later. I can't wait to get my hands on Raiden, this figure looks amazing, and I'm keeping the masked head on, no doubt. My main wish for this series is MGS2 Solid Snake and Plisken of course!

We need MGS2 Snake and Plisken!

I look forward to more exciting MGS figures news and discussions in the near future!

- Naked Mike

Welcome to the boards Mike! :hi5:

Yes it's a good idea to start a PAK MGS collection as some of them go for an insane amount of money nowadays. They are hugely more detailed than the Mcfarlanes as well.

I too was obsessed with the Mcfarlane figures of MGS1/2 when they came out, they look like the best thing ever at the time. Unfortunately I never got them as they are so rare where I live. My first MGS figures were the Yamato 1/6 Snake and Liquid which I got in 2003 and I was massively disappointed, they look like Ken dolls wearing baggy clothes.

Nowadays I'm more of a 1/6 collector than the PAK, but that's just preference. Anyway, enjoy your time here, and post any photos of your collection if you can.

:hi5:
Thanks Ryan Plisken!

Yeah, its funny how times changes. When the MGS2 line came out, MGS1 Cyborg Ninja was about the same price as PAK Ninja is today. Hard to believe McFarlane MGS was cream of the crop. He was the stuff of legends. And I certainly remember crying myself to sleep after seeing the MGS Ken dolls, haha!

For years I had MGS2 Snake choking out Raiden on my shelf. Someday I hope to recreate that with PAK!

Welcome, Mike! It's good to see a new face around here. I also got started with the McFarlane figures when I was younger. They were such awesome figures back in the day. I still like them a lot, despite collecting many of the newer figures from Play Arts.

Well, I hope you enjoy your stay, and make some new friends here! :hi5:

And as Ryan said, do post pics of your figures, if possible. It sounds like you have quite an awesome collection there!

Back