Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem, ask away

Like I said my opinions on it are split. It does hold its pose very well. The hip joints are a pretty cool design that gives them lots of articulation. It is a bit difficult to get the legs to move though and awkward to hold metal gear as you pose him. My hip joints came rotated incorrectly which is why I had so much trouble at first. It took a good 10 minutes for me to awkwardly hold Rex upside down and reposition his joints properly but it got there. I'll see if I can post some pictures of how I have it posed.

There are some downsides though. It does feel like the materials are cheap. Its plastic and reminds me of Star Wars ships I'd play with as a kid. The paint is pretty abysmal. Its light green and has some pretty weak weathering. The lights don't add much. I'm still deciding if its a keeper.

What a buzz kill holy ****. But it's about as much as I expected.

maybe the Bambaland one will have an articulated head?

Yeah! That's why it's taking so long :p

dont return it. you know you love it. tell us the truth. its perfect..............yeah a bummer............ but ill still love it and stare at it like i do with the others. just sucks i have to pay 465 for something that isnt as cool as it should have been. :dunno

Man....at over 400 bucks I was hoping for something top of the line you know? That's a huge coin to drop on an item that's getting mixed reviews.

I mean you guys shouldn't necessarily just go off of what I say. It could just be that it isn't my personal idealized vision of what a Rex display should be.

Someone posted a 2 minute youtube video review a couple of pages back. I havent heard it with the sound on but visually it gives a good approximation of what to expect.

Almost finished PEACE WALKER BIG BOSS.

P1050257_zps4e99a2c9.jpg

P1050262_zps650b4874.jpg

P1050260_zpse64ec317.jpg

P1050258_zpsac5cd0b6.jpg

P1050263_zpsaeb44350.jpg

Looking real good Seb! Bandanna looks great BTW you matched with the texture of the headband:clap

Great work again, Seb. So, are you going to do any commissions of your awesome MGS figures in the future? :D

There are a bunch of characters that I would like, but unfortunately, we can't rely on Hot Toys give us everything - they're too lazy for that :(

cancelled meryl and solidus from toywiz. anime-island had meryl in stock for 48 bucks so i ordered it through them. solidus is 98. the money i saved through these guys is gonna cover my shipping costs. :yess:

Back