Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to lie the Kotobukiya kit looks better than the 3A Rex and for significantly cheaper. It's a lot smaller though. I'm starting to really lose hype on 3A Rex. Hopefully new pictures of it as it starts to surface in September will make me not regret the purchase.

:exactly:

I've been bummed about it since it's been shown with that awful green color. I still want it, just my excitement for it has vastly diminished. :slap

The promo pics looks good, seeing loads of movement/articulations on it which make it much more appealing. But i've the 3A's on order so this is a tough choice for me plus i have zero skill in doing model kit and painting.

Despite these concerns, i would probably get it anyway... So a definite goodbye to PA Solidus

The promo pics looks good, seeing loads of movement/articulations on it which make it much more appealing. But i've the 3A's on order so this is a tough choice for me plus i have zero skill in doing model kit and painting.

Despite these concerns, i would probably get it anyway... So a definite goodbye to PA Solidus

They are simple to do, I have the Jehuty Koto and it wasn't hard at all. I also have multiple Gundam kits.

It will come painted most likely but I don't think the minifigs will be. None of the Bandai pilots are painted.

I love the koto rex and PO it asap.
Details are incredible ( rail gun ) and the missile bay hatch can be opened.
It will be a good addition near my 3A Rex :)

They are simple to do, I have the Jehuty Koto and it wasn't hard at all. I also have multiple Gundam kits.

It will come painted most likely but I don't think the minifigs will be. None of the Bandai pilots are painted.

Please don't go around spreading this. They even have a warning for this particular model kit. It has over six hundred pieces and the camo paint is not done already. Unless you are very skilled with model kit painting it will not come out looking very nice for Rex specifically. The pieces are molded in the generic colors, but not in the way we would need them to be.

I do not recommend someone buying the kit if they are not already comfortable with model kits.

Painting the kit wouldn't be too hard. All you'll need are several cans of testor acrylic paint, some primer, Gundam Markers, and a lot of masking tape. Kits like this weren't meant to be hurried, and impatience is definitely the biggest obstacle to overcome. But, even a beginner wouldn't have too many problems, if they just take their time, and work out the construction of each part very carefully.

I've constructed several Master Grade Gundam kits, so I know what I'm talking about.

I did a Master Grade in one long night. It looked **** and I felt sick to the stomache :D

So listen to the man.

Kotobukiya kits are less user friendly, more complex, and not as well engineered as Bandai's Master Grade stuff so if you had issues with those then Rex will be worse.

And yeah you could buy many cans of paint, masking tape, some gundam markers etc.. or honestly you could save the money and either buy something else or maybe put down payments for the 3A Rex.

Kotobukiya kits are less user friendly, more complex, and not as well engineered as Bandai's Master Grade stuff so if you had issues with those then Rex will be worse.

And yeah you could buy many cans of paint, masking tape, some gundam markers etc.. or honestly you could save the money and either buy something else or maybe put down payments for the 3A Rex.

The Kotobukiya Jehuty was about as difficult as a crappy Bandai High Grade. But panel lining the energy veins was a pain in the ass big time. 600 pieces is a little more than a tough mastergrade. Their not difficult, just time consuming.

Do you read Japanese? How did you confirm this anyway?

Even if it isn't painted, I will still pick one up. Cannot have enough of REX.

I did a Master Grade in one long night. It looked **** and I felt sick to the stomache :D

So listen to the man.

It'll take me at least a week to finish this kit if I have a lot of spare time on my hands - much, much longer if it's during the college semester :D

But, just to note: I'm not disagreeing with Monger. Don't attempt this kit unless you have the dedication to see it through to the end. If you're not an expert modeler, it will take you a long time to do it correctly (along with a lot of trial and error), and your patience will be tested to the brink :gah:.

It'll take me at least a week to finish this kit if I have a lot of spare time on my hands - much, much longer if it's during the college semester :D

But, just to note: I'm not disagreeing with Monger. Don't attempt this kit unless you have the dedication to see it through to the end. If you're not an expert modeler, it will take you a long time to do it correctly (along with a lot of trial and error), and your patience will be tested to the brink :gah:.

Yeah, but if your not planning on painting it, it shouldn't be that bad. But if your a beginner I think you might go crazy assembling it. Although my first kit was the master grade Wing Gundam Zero and it came out fine.

Please don't go around spreading this. They even have a warning for this particular model kit. It has over six hundred pieces and the camo paint is not done already. Unless you are very skilled with model kit painting it will not come out looking very nice for Rex specifically. The pieces are molded in the generic colors, but not in the way we would need them to be.

I do not recommend someone buying the kit if they are not already comfortable with model kits.

And THIS is why I'm spending $450+ for 3A Rex. That and if you compare pics 3A REX is so rad looking!

Anyone know where I can find the UNIQLO MGS Cyborg Ninja Light Gray or Gray Shirt in XL?

Looked all over for it online and everyone's out of stock - any suggestions? Thanks!

if the koto kit is primer color i will probably only paint the black parts and make it look like pre-production 3aa rex that'll look sick. what do you guys think?

hey you guys should make albums of your collections since nobody really has. i just made one. id like to be able to see them without having to troll the thread. just sayin........:stick

Last edited:
I have to take pics of my collection, but since I live in small apartment, practically all of my figures and model kits are boxed and stored away. I need to move :(...........

I posted all of my figure collection but none of my games. My game collection is pretty good, I don't have obscure games like Ac!d and the digital graphic novel.

I do have a box of Calorie Mate though! :D

Back