Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still want a good Jungle Fatigues Big Boss since I sold my PAK, in fact all of my PAK except for MGR Raiden Custom Body Blue are gone. Hell, almost all my MGS merch is gone. :lol fell off the series hard despite recently replaying MGS1 and wanting Hot Toys Raiden.

I still want a good Jungle Fatigues Big Boss since I sold my PAK, in fact all of my PAK except for MGR Raiden Custom Body Blue are gone. Hell, almost all my MGS merch is gone. :lol fell off the series hard despite recently replaying MGS1 and wanting Hot Toys Raiden.

Fell off the series?? Take that back!! [emoji23] in all seriousness, a decline in popularity is inevitable. I just wish we got metal gear rising 2 to keep the series alive [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you guys feel about MGS1 Snake vs. MGS2 Snake? Personally I always thought it was weird that the Snake design to receive the most amount of love and merch was from the game where you didn't play as him, and I have never been able to figure out why that is. Is it because the excitement surrounding mgs2 put that image of Snake in fans heads? I was too young to play 2 when it first came out so I don't have a good frame of reference.

I would get a figure of either version of Solid in a heartbeat, but I think a 1/6 MGS1 Snake would be my action figure holy grail.

Im guessing that its just that specifically to if they did an MGS1 toy line theres only one good guy they can make a figure of, and he only had one look in the game. And villains as it pertains to toy lines dont tend to sell as well as the main heroes. So im guessing if they want to make an MGS1 look snake they need to acquire the license for the whole game as its required for the branding and it might not be worth to get the whole license to only release one item that they know will sell? In MGS 2 There is Snake and Raiden, and they both have 2 looks in the game so potentially 4 figures. Snake in MGS 3 had all the camo and facepaint options, Snake in MGS4 had different looks, and Raiden looked awesome for toys, Peace Walker and MGSV had multiple heroes and looks for snake. And if we count Metal Gear Rising Raiden had a bunch of colours. Thats the only thing i can think of, MGS1 is a one figure line. A few people might buy liquid, an even fewer people would buy a Genome soldier/Vulcan/Mantis etc.

That all makes sense to me. I guess it hadn't occurred to me that way because in my mind MGS1 is a one man show, maybe two with Grey Fox. Snake is the primary figure I would want out of any Metal Gear line so I just never made that connection.

Was actually going to edit in about Grey fox in my initial post, he is an " would-be (and is) an awesome toy ", but he is also kind of a tweener villain/hero. I guess he could be branded as a hero for the sake of toy sales. But he is not a representation of " us " any time through the game that we can have on a toy display.

I do prefer the MGS2 look Snake though, i think its purely down to the hair/bandanna combo. I think its iconic at this point.

I do prefer the MGS2 look Snake though, i think its purely down to the hair/bandanna combo. I think its iconic at this point.
Even I can admit that Snake rocks the mullet like it's nobodies business, not keen on his mgs2 chinstrap though. Crazy to think that Snake originally had a blonde mullet in the briefing cutscenes in MGS1. I noticed the MSX Metal Gear vinyls put out by mondo kept this continuity and had Snake as a blonde on the album covers, but now I'm getting miles off topic.

Fell off the series?? Take that back!! [emoji23] in all seriousness, a decline in popularity is inevitable. I just wish we got metal gear rising 2 to keep the series alive [emoji22]

I mean I still love 2 and 3 (being a favorite of mine among video games) but I don't do much with the series anymore. I also wish we got Metal Gear Rising 2, especially since we thought we got a teaser years ago. Also which is better? HT Regular Raiden or Inferno Armor?

I mean I still love 2 and 3 (being a favorite of mine among video games) but I don't do much with the series anymore. I also wish we got Metal Gear Rising 2, especially since we thought we got a teaser years ago. Also which is better? HT Regular Raiden or Inferno Armor?

The figures are basically identical in terms of look and design, apart from the colour scheme. If you want the canon version of Raiden (in his classic black armour) go for the regular version. But the inferno armour version definitely stands out more and is more eye-catching. The inferno armour version was released after the regular version, so Hot Toys fixed the broken elbow joint problem. If you buy a regular version, there?s a definite risk of the elbow joint being broken on yours. Also, the regular version doesn?t come with the Murusama sword, but the inferno armour version does.

How do you guys feel about MGS1 Snake vs. MGS2 Snake? Personally I always thought it was weird that the Snake design to receive the most amount of love and merch was from the game where you didn't play as him, and I have never been able to figure out why that is. Is it because the excitement surrounding mgs2 put that image of Snake in fans heads? I was too young to play 2 when it first came out so I don't have a good frame of reference.

I would get a figure of either version of Solid in a heartbeat, but I think a 1/6 MGS1 Snake would be my action figure holy grail.

That's mostly because MGS2 was Solid Snake in his prime. He had to cut his hair and shave his face in MGS1 while MGS2 was Snake without the constraints and the same suit as MGS1 albeit more worn out. Whether the players gets control of Snake or not in that game has little bearing to how cool he was in that game, heck not playing as him probably made him seem even more cooler.

That's mostly because MGS2 was Solid Snake in his prime. He had to cut his hair and shave his face in MGS1 while MGS2 was Snake without the constraints and the same suit as MGS1 albeit more worn out. Whether the players gets control of Snake or not in that game has little bearing to how cool he was in that game, heck not playing as him probably made him seem even more cooler.

players forgot they got to play him in the 1st quarter of the game and it was still fun and very similar to the 1st stage of MGS1. obviously MGS2 Snake looks better because it runs on PS2 hardware and received updated looks. MGS1 Snake is closer to the original sketches, probably due to hardware limit, but are people gonna ignore Twin Snake which is the remake of MGS1?

also i might have mistaken but didn't we get the chance to play as not just Snake but also Plissken? I'm not sure if it's the VR or some side mission?

my favorite is 2, even though i played 1 before 2, 2 was really fun. 3 was boring for me with the cold war and low tech era. 4 was interesting and beautiful. i prefer solid snake & raiden over big boss, venom boss.

Seconded. Snake had a full character arch in 1 and became his own man.

That being said MGS1 has an incredible and iconic design itself. Including the full cast. I think the reason we haven?t had much merc is because it?s such an old game. MGS2 Snakes design has been used many times in games.

Solid snake in general is horrible underrepresented IMO. And collectibles are all over the place in terms of companies.

MGS is weird with collectibles on who gets what but I think it's due to the focus on Big Boss and partly Raiden in more recent years and his lack of games. I do wonder why Good Smile stopped with their line, it seems weird that we got 3 Nendoroids (4 counting a variant) but 1 figma. That same figma could have been retooled into an MGS1 Snake. On the flip side though First 4 Figures has been giving a reasonable amount of respect to the series with their line though I can't justify the price personally for MGS.

I guess MGS merch is dead due to the lack of Kojima and Konami being stingy. We've said a lot about Kojima but he was really good with collectibles imo. Look at how much Death Stranding is getting! But I also wonder what Japan's view of MGS is now and the demand. That can be a factor.

MGS is weird with collectibles on who gets what but I think it's due to the focus on Big Boss and partly Raiden in more recent years and his lack of games. I do wonder why Good Smile stopped with their line, it seems weird that we got 3 Nendoroids (4 counting a variant) but 1 figma. That same figma could have been retooled into an MGS1 Snake. On the flip side though First 4 Figures has been giving a reasonable amount of respect to the series with their line though I can't justify the price personally for MGS.

I guess MGS merch is dead due to the lack of Kojima and Konami being stingy. We've said a lot about Kojima but he was really good with collectibles imo. Look at how much Death Stranding is getting! But I also wonder what Japan's view of MGS is now and the demand. That can be a factor.

you have square enix MGS1 Solid Snake.

does anyone have any idea how to fix the boss?s leather staining???
ff1982987b8d6ee6e8ddf82653017641.jpg

Back