Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Mcfarlane did make some MGS figures years and years ago so I wouldn't discard the possibility, especially with Todd jumping on more video game licenses recently. My biggest concern is the paint, Mcfarlane has very sloppy paint applications on their figures even the 10 inch ones.

Considering the price I think that's the best you can hope for.

McFarlane is the whole reason why we didn't get MGS figs for such a long time. Kojima ended up being super pissed that McFarlane spoiled the existence of Raiden.

Granted at this point it seems like Konami would go out of their way to piss Kojima off, but McFarlane and Metal Gear seems super unlikely.

I'm just going to drop this info in here and you guys can take it or leave it.

I have a friend who works directly with Todd McFarlane. When he got hired I made a joke about getting more MGS figures from him. Well recently my friend informed me that he mentioned it and Todd thought it was a really good idea. Obviously no one knows how Konami is dealing out the license currently and I think we can all agree that McFarlane Toys isn't exactly the ideal candidate for new figs but I would definitely pay $25 for some MGS figs the scale and articulation of their Fortnite figures. Besides can't turn out any worse than Playarts right?

I know this is just internet guy rumors but I just thought I would share.

Your friend is a lucky guy, Todd seems to be a very funny guy to work with.
honestly i don't mind a little variety, so i will appreciate a new line from mcfarlene, but i tend to like more figures with cloth clothes instead of plastic.
but i see that as very unlikely.
Yes, they are expanding, they recently even gained the license to Warhammer 40k for figures,
so they are trying new things, but Todd is a first of all a businessman, not a fan, so if the line don't sell, the production will stop.
and metal gear don't sell like fortnite.
and honestly talking, only hardcore fans are still collecting.
without a new game to drag sells, the casual fans will not buy it, ands sales will be problematic.
right now they are also producing the new spawn figure, the new DC line, all the toys based on the licenses they have, so if they will really do MGS, it will not be soon.

for the only statues licensing thing, i don't know if this count, but konami gave the license for the official metal gear solid boardgame this year, so maybe they are starting to be more open minded about it.

I don't really think Konami is with holding the license I think people aren't buying. There's been a lot of clearanced out MGS collectibles in recent years and most of those were at least tied to a game release. Knowing that I don't think it makes sense for most companies to pursue the license.

I don't really think Konami is with holding the license I think people aren't buying. There's been a lot of clearanced out MGS collectibles in recent years and most of those were at least tied to a game release. Knowing that I don't think it makes sense for most companies to pursue the license.

I dunno, all their classic stuff sells out fast. Figma and Nendoroid, Hot Toys (Snake at least) and alot of the Play Arts.

I've also heard Konami charges alot for their licenses. Figma Snake was expensive in comparison.

I know Mezco and other companies who tried to get the license but couldn't in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figma Snakes still easy to get.
The figma gurlukovich soldier got clearanced out.
The Nendoroid MGS1 Snake is still available.
The MGS3 Hot Toys figures sold terribly.

And that's pretty much all the classic figures released in the last few years.

How do you know MEZCO tried to get the license?

Figma Snakes still easy to get.
The figma gurlukovich soldier got clearanced out.
The Nendoroid MGS1 Snake is still available.
The MGS3 Hot Toys figures sold terribly.

And that's pretty much all the classic figures released in the last few years.

How do you know MEZCO tried to get the license?

Figma Snake is sold out everywhere and has been for a long time. Nendoroid Snake was reprinted for a second time recently.

MGS3 Snake sold out relatively fast, as I was looking to buy

I know that about Mezco cause they mentioned it in an interview on youtube I belive at a comic-con. The official page also retweeted me when I asked if they'd make Metal Gear figures..

That's cool about MEZCO. Maybe they will work something out in the future as their brand recognition is getting huge.

Hot Toys figures did not sell fast. I bought Snake and their Raiden on Sideshow a long long time after release for some steep discounts.

Figma Snake is sold out but he still sells for less than retail in the after market.

Nendoroid was rereleased but evidently that was a mistake.

Fact is MGS is old news now and gets less relevant every day. I don't think many companies see any value in it when they could pursue so many other popular video games currently.

That's cool about MEZCO. Maybe they will work something out in the future as their brand recognition is getting huge.

Hot Toys figures did not sell fast. I bought Snake and their Raiden on Sideshow a long long time after release for some steep discounts.

Figma Snake is sold out but he still sells for less than retail in the after market.

Fact is MGS is old news now and gets less relevant every day. I don't think many companies see any value in it when they could pursue so many other popular video games currently.

They may be more popular but not as good.

I think custom figure makers should start charging non refundable deposits for those I am interested, i honestly think it would allow for more customs to be made and at a more affordable price then $500 plus.

Would love to see more MGS 1-4 1/6th figures.

Maybe you could point me to where I can get Hot Toys Snake and Raiden for a good price now? Hahaha

I disagree with you on the figure sales, they are definitely not worse than other figures from the same lines. Also, there's alot of counterfit figures aswell, which wouldn't exist without the popularity.

Where i do agree is the value will go down the longer we don't have any new games.

Well sure you cant get them cheap now but Hot Toys doesn't care about that.

I bought a Hot Toys Two Face for $95 back when they couldn't get rid of those and you can't find them for that price any more either yet Hot Toys only released an updated version as an exclusive because they were afraid the sales would not be great again.

If MGS sold so well they would make more. The poor sales of their MGS figures is likely why they never made the MGSV figures they promised.

Fundamental flaw in their plan was poor character costume selection in their first wave. That killed sales. They should have started with green camo Naked Snake and then gone back to MGS 1 and 2. That company is run by Stevie Wonder.

Well sure you cant get them cheap now but Hot Toys doesn't care about that.

I bought a Hot Toys Two Face for $95 back when they couldn't get rid of those and you can't find them for that price any more either yet Hot Toys only released an updated version as an exclusive because they were afraid the sales would not be great again.

If MGS sold so well they would make more. The poor sales of their MGS figures is likely why they never made the MGSV figures. they promised.

We'll have to agree to disagree, MGS has a rediculious amount of Merch in general that has overall done very well.

Metal gear merch was killed when Koji left, Konami just aren't giving their licenses out. Even companies that already had the licenses stopped producing new figures when the Kojima stuff happened, like goodsmile.

Fundamental flaw in their plan was poor character costume selection in their first wave. That killed sales. They should have started with green camo Naked Snake and then gone back to MGS 1 and 2. That company is run by Stevie Wonder.

I completely agree here. Very very poor choices. However, I saw in an interview that it is the license holder (I.e KojiPro) that chooses the characters. It's actually very rarely that the manufacturer has their choice of characters..

hi all ,
i'm looking for old snake action figure , if you know someone can help me please tell me- old snake with cape - like first look in game im waiting for you- my instagram id shine.___b thanks

hi all ,
i'm looking for old snake action figure , if you know someone can help me please tell me- old snake with cape - like first look in game im waiting for you- my instagram id shine.___b thanks

A bit unrelated, but the Hot Toys Raiden has completely spoilt me as far as video-game figures go. The articulation isn?t amazing, but the aesthetics and the look of the figure never fail to amaze me anytime I look at. It makes me wish we had more companies like Hot Toys making video-games figure with that level of skill. I know asmus toys did devil May cry figures, but they don?t hold a candle to what Hot Toys can do.

I completely agree here. Very very poor choices. However, I saw in an interview that it is the license holder (I.e KojiPro) that chooses the characters. It's actually very rarely that the manufacturer has their choice of characters..

I recall reading that they chose these versions because it would be a challenge to make them.
So, money was not the priority? :dunno

Raiden on the other hand is a well made piece. I had no interest at the time and now I'm too paranoid on the elbow breaking to get it.

Maybe you could point me to where I can get Hot Toys Snake and Raiden for a good price now? Hahaha

I disagree with you on the figure sales, they are definitely not worse than other figures from the same lines. Also, there's alot of counterfit figures aswell, which wouldn't exist without the popularity.

Where i do agree is the value will go down the longer we don't have any new games.

I'm quite sure Popcultcha still has Raiden for a bit under retail. Same with the Inferno version.

Back