Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, anybody know the model number of the sony walkman used in phantom pain by Venom or was it a made up one?

Snake's Walkman in Phantom Pain is a 1985 Sony WM-R55 using 1981-82 Sony BHF 60 audio cassettes (white paper labels as opposed to the later foil design).

Bd8G2beCUAArGGD.jpg

If you don't have the art books already, $300 is not that much.

They all individually sell for over $100 each, and the official prints they released with AOJI start at $250 so depending on how you view it, it's not actually anymore expensive.

I never had any of those artbooks,but always wanted them.So re-issues of previous ones i assume?

Found two of those BHF 60 cassettes but looks like finding that cassette player is going to be a right pain!

I'm kind of obsessed with old, obsolete technology. Especially handheld videogame consoles, cassette players, etc. I'd love to get into collecting them but it can be a pretty expensive and time-consuming proposition, especially as you rarely find any of these items in good working order nowadays.

Got my last two Revolmini figures in today.

xOYyucz.jpg

The Soviet Soldier's... interesting. Pretty sure he's slightly overscale and he has the best swivel articulation Japanese action figures circa 1998 had to offer.

drccfHj.jpg

Still, he's nicely-painted and there's a perverse pleasure to be had in seeing just what you can pull off with so little functional articulation. Plus he comes with a load of gun parts and rocket launchers.

AFsyxTP.jpg

The whole gang:

0mMj4Jr.jpg

I'm quite sad this photo represents in all likelihood the complete Revolmini line. I wasn't particularly happy when Kaiyodo announced the scale switch, but now I honestly think this is the perfect format for a series with as many characters as MGS. Shame it never got to the point of delivering a full set of Foxhound characters, or Dead Cell, or so on.

Couldn't stand it anymore so bought a second Japanese Premium Package so I could open it and display the arm, And wow it's better then I thought it would be!
Still trying to figure out a pose I like, but these two work well for now

Probably going to look around and try and find a second I Droid and display them together

Day 20 since my Venom Snake arrived at ISC New York and hasn't left customs... this is longer than the trip from Japan.

Back