Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, what? How do I do that?

I can't go there due to the work filter, but go to the Gamefaqs MGS4 board and see if you see something about DLC or servers. It should be on the first page, and the thread has four pages IIRC. In there you will find the settings you need for your PS3.

When you do a connection test, it won't work. But turn the game on anyway, and it will allow you to DL them.

Well, I don't know what changed in these past 6 years with me but I used to be obsessed with MGS4, nowadays I can't stomach the cutscenes. I guess the game would have been much better if the cutscenes were trimmed down by at least 30%. If I had to choose the lesser of two evils, I'd replay TTS.
I think it's due to our changed perspectives on MGS 2 6 years later, and then our appreciation grew further 6 years later. Compare to MGS 4 where a lot of flaws are starting to show due to its age, and later games, plus Kojima's treatment of Solid Snake. And at the very least, TTS's gameplay...can't be that bad right? Alongside how it's probably the same as MGS 1 for better or worse, which was already a fine game. Cutscenes yeah but MGS 4's had problems, despite the intent being that you take them seriously compared to TTS's cheesiness.
I think as a MGS fan, you should play it. Just get a WII.

I just realized the only Metal Gear game I've never beaten are the old cellphone games. :lol
I have a GameCube, and Wii so I'm covered :lol I might just get REmake on GameCube so I can have a physical copy of it as well, same with Code Veronica X for consistency.

I can't go there due to the work filter, but go to the Gamefaqs MGS4 board and see if you see something about DLC or servers. It should be on the first page, and the thread has four pages IIRC. In there you will find the settings you need for your PS3.

When you do a connection test, it won't work. But turn the game on anyway, and it will allow you to DL them.

Holy awesomeness, I managed to download the camos! Thanks a lot Pliss for bringing this to light.

Read up this post on how to do it. Granted, the music and Podcast files are missing but it's better than nothing. I can confirm that it works.

Did the DLC ever go back up? - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Message Board for PlayStation 3 - Page 2 - GameFAQs

I think it's due to our changed perspectives on MGS 2 6 years later, and then our appreciation grew further 6 years later. Compare to MGS 4 where a lot of flaws are starting to show due to its age, and later games, plus Kojima's treatment of Solid Snake. And at the very least, TTS's gameplay...can't be that bad right? Alongside how it's probably the same as MGS 1 for better or worse, which was already a fine game. Cutscenes yeah but MGS 4's had problems, despite the intent being that you take them seriously compared to TTS's cheesiness. I have a GameCube, and Wii so I'm covered :lol I might just get REmake on GameCube so I can have a physical copy of it as well, same with Code Veronica X for consistency.

Well, as we've all discussed before, MGS4 is the most dated MGS of the bunch, but I still love the game provided I can skip most cutscenes during a playtrough.

It's awesome that you have a Gamecube, I sold my NGC component cables for $200 so I'm contemplating on selling the console as well and just get a WII.

Holy awesomeness, I managed to download the camos! Thanks a lot Pliss for bringing this to light.

Read up this post on how to do it. Granted, the music and Podcast files are missing but it's better than nothing. I can confirm that it works.

Did the DLC ever go back up? - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Message Board for PlayStation 3 - Page 2 - GameFAQs

That's it! Get em while they're hot. So glad they went back up, I may even give it a playthrough sometime soon. I'm currently going through Rising again.

Well, as we've all discussed before, MGS4 is the most dated MGS of the bunch, but I still love the game provided I can skip most cutscenes during a playtrough.

It's awesome that you have a Gamecube, I sold my NGC component cables for $200 so I'm contemplating on selling the console as well and just get a WII.
I never sell my consoles. But I was forced to box them :horror I still need to find my N64...and MGS4's gameplay just didn't work for me at times. Like, it really didn't. Not to say the game didn't play well, since it did, but many sequences I can do without. Some cutscenes too, but a few I do like.

Also Ryan, the spelling is Wii :lol

Well, I don't know what changed in these past 6 years with me but I used to be obsessed with MGS4, nowadays I can't stomach the cutscenes. I guess the game would have been much better if the cutscenes were trimmed down by at least 30%. If I had to choose the lesser of two evils, I'd replay TTS.

Well whether you like the story of MGS4 (I do) or not the transition of control schemes in TTS breaks the game. That's pretty much the only Metal Gear I can run through on high difficulty with next to no problems at all. The Sniper Wolf fight is ruined. The ambush on the comma tower is ruined and more if I really thought about it. It's just too easy to exploit.

I can appreciate MGS4 much more than TTS. I dislike them both, but I hate TTS more than even PW, since PW gameplay was pretty redeemable over TTS.

The fact that it's extremely evident from Ocelot is pretty glaring. That's where I really, really started to question the game.

Just got an invoice from Amiami, PAK Skull Face, should ship in the next day or 2.:dunno
Probably be the last pak i get until phantom pain is released, hard to get psyched when the game isn't even out yet.:cuckoo:

I can appreciate MGS4 much more than TTS. I dislike them both, but I hate TTS more than even PW, since PW gameplay was pretty redeemable over TTS.

I really dislike twin snakes its to over the top plus the soundtrack in that game sucks compared to the original.

They're all bad, outside of Hayter IMO. Naomi's acting is REALLY bad during the codec sequence when Snake gets to the Heliport.

Back