Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not here to push PAK as better or the Revols, in my eyes they are both as good as each other for the given scales

I just find it funny that it's one or the other, mock the PAK but by the Revols and vice versa

If i had a small figure display or even space to have smaller figures I'd have the revols, but i wouldn't get rid of the PAKS either

If i could make all the PAK figures in 1/6 i'd get rid of them and only have 1/6, but i can't so the PAK are the best one's to fit in with the rest of my collection

I've seen a number of issues with Revoltech's articulation so I don't get it, the only plus to them is that they are very cheap - sometimes $20. PAKs can be expensive but the size and stuff helps. I don't get why people prefer Revols to PAKs honestly, they both are stylized, in an awkward scale at times (Revolmini and regular Revoltech :lol ) but I digress, I agree Frank. I don't get it either. Neither are...completely terrible though I guess. :dunno all I know is I've sworn off Revoltechs since I've found the figures I want from them (bar MGS to an extent) in different lines.

Revoltech's Zone of the Enders line is excellent. I swear I'm the only one on the board that collected them all.

I understand the point regarding revos vs paks. Personally I just stick to paks because of size and somehow, better lineup, leaving behind the fact that there are way too much Big Bosses, is nice to have Solidus and Liquid imho. Im in hopes for some secondary chars like Vamp, Plant Olga or Sniper Wolf

I don't understand how people can say the PAKs look garbage, yet the Revols look great? I'm not here to stick up for one or mock the other, but it's like pot calling kettle black
Because they do? That's just my opinion though, and not only with MGS, most of their lines have come to suck, there's no shortage of fugly looking faces and sculpts, excessive styling (even more so than revo) and unnecessary detail, many of them are sooo overdecorated, Their Dark Knight Returns Batman comes to mind, straight one of the ugliest Batman figures I've ever seen, and it's big and has a ton of detail, none of that stops it from being horrible. But it wasn't always the case, for example the PW figures came out totally accurate to the in-game models, Big Boss at least, although lately they've been missing the mark in a lot recently imo.

The details may be less in the revos but that doesn't mean the lack detail, they have the right amount of detail, PAK often dumps a **** ton of detail that doesn't help the figure imo

And, the proportions I think they're a little bit better in the revo Solid Snake than in the Pak, for comparison.

Have you seen the head sculpts and proportions? they are just as bad if not worse, and less detailed. The only one that probably looks more like the character is Solid. Is it because they have better articulation therefore they are automatically better? seems like it's the only thing they have over the PAK figures, which is fine if you like the have a smaller figure display that is more dynamically posed. I get that
Yup that is why I prefer them, I love posing and playing with my figures.

I didn't use to hate PAK, my hate is recent, when I started seeing all the ugly figures they started releasing back to back, I think their DC line by the Final Fantasy designer was the last drop, god, I hate those.

I've seen a number of issues with Revoltech's articulation so I don't get it, the only plus to them is that they are very cheap - sometimes $20. PAKs can be expensive but the size and stuff helps. I don't get why people prefer Revols to PAKs honestly, they both are stylized, in an awkward scale at times (Revolmini and regular Revoltech :lol ) but I digress, I agree Frank. I don't get it either. Neither are...completely terrible though I guess. :dunno all I know is I've sworn off Revoltechs since I've found the figures I want from them (bar MGS to an extent) in different lines.
What problems with articulation? :lol There are no problems, you can do almost any pose, certainly PAKs can't do 80% of what you can with Revos, they're better engineered imo.

Look I'm not saying Revorutech masta race :lol they're both overstylized, I just prefer Yamaguchi's style to PAK plus I've always liked smaller scale figures over larger scale.

FIGMA IS THE MASTA RACE when it comes down to non-1/6 1/4 scales, admit it.

So far majority of the Figma's are very close to their original presentations. Also the quality are much better, the joints are more aesthetic, and the paint apps are excellent. Revoltech is good for it's playability & articulation. PA Kai, well, they are good at nothing other than sucking noob collectors' wallet dry.

So far majority of the Figma's are very close to their original presentations. Also the quality are much better, the joints are more aesthetic, and the paint apps are excellent. Revoltech is good for it's playability & articulation. PA Kai, well, they are good at nothing other than sucking noob collectors' wallet dry.

IMG_5070.JPG

SH Figuarts would like a word with you.

You're damn right they would.

Nice to find another guy on here who collects the Iron Man Figuarts in particular :hi5: I need the Iron Man 2 wave, I only have 3...

Since getting into Hot Toys my consumption of smaller-scale figures has decreased dramatically, but I still want the SHF Iron Patriot, War Machine and the regular Mk VI Iron Man. Unfortunately those last two go for mad cash even buying direct from Japan.

I'm also tempted to pick up their Injustice Batman, but I'm really not a fan of the suit. Tempted to wait and see if they pick up a license for the Arkham games.

Huh? Figma's are known for having ugly joints, the huge ball always protrudes out of the joint, other than that they're at the top of the 6" market for sure, I have a few figmas and they're immaculate as far as QC is concerned, it's one of the few lines I don't have to worry about when I order online, paint apps are always perfect and no QC issues whatsoever.

I don't own a single Figuarts though, I may buy Injustice Batman and Superman if they ever release a regular version of him, I don't like the regime Superman design.

Huh? Figma's are known for having ugly joints, the huge ball always protrudes out of the joint, other than that they're at the top of the 6" market for sure, I have a few figmas and they're immaculate as far as QC is concerned, it's one of the few lines I don't have to worry about when I order online, paint apps are always perfect and no QC issues whatsoever.

I don't own a single Figuarts though, I may buy Injustice Batman and Superman if they ever release a regular version of him, I don't like the regime Superman design.

Have you seen the joints for Play Arts Kai? It's like having 2 gigantic balls that grows beyond their crotch...

Figma joints are usually less noticeable from the front, of course it's not perfect, but most HT 1/6 bodies have even more exposed & much uglier joints, except those with Rubber arms & those Bruce Lee bodies. Figma does sculpt in their joints when possible, like my Link, you can't see any knee joints from the front unless you put it in a bend pose.

View attachment 155618

SH Figuarts would like a word with you.

I don't own any figuarts, what i see are the kamen riders, which doesn't look bad but lack the close to the original presentation like Figma does, granted it's easier to do cartoon people than live actions, but comparing the riders, Figma looks more aesthetic, can't compare the articulation since i never played with one, but Ironman, might be good but i need to see a few more photos of them. I believe they also doing Dragonball? They have nice headsculpt however the body's abit out of proportion compare to the original design, the joints look similar to Figma. If you compare Figuarts Sailormoon vs Figma usual girl figure Figma seems to have better proportions. But the One piece looks good though so it depends on the series.

BTW i forgot about another company, Mezco, their Jojo line up has the best paint apps & sculpt, but their price are also high.

shfiguarts-goku-1.jpg

Back