Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Konami's online shop probably still has Raiden so try there, or mandarake.

Hey guys, I'm planning on getting my first play arts kai MGS figures, starting with ground zeroes big boss and the (sadly) pricey revengeance raiden, i was wondering how in scale those two are with eachother. I saw pics of Venom snake and got pretty concerned lol.

I dunno about Raiden. But do you guys think the PAK version will reduce in value once the HT ver comes out?

Honestly if you want GZ Big Boss and MGR Raiden, get the Revoltechs. I sold off my entire PAK collection six months ago for the original asking prices (including MGS1 Snake) and have zero regrets, they're horrible figures, at least in my estimation.

IMG_3246.jpg

The Revos may be very stylised, but they're a lot more fun.

:exactly: lots of personality, killer pose btw.

I have to admit I wasn't too happy when they announced Revolmini, as it effectively killed the chances of more 6" Solid/Rising figures (I'd have killed for a Sam and Bladewolf), but the quality of Solid Snake and Kinnikuman won me over. Cyborg Ninja is in transit and as crazy as it sounds, I think the Revolmini Phantom Pain Big Boss might be my most anticipated figure of 2015...

IMG_3262.JPG

something probably not important but plastic base usually doesn't fair well when coming in prolonged contact with another plastic/rubber material, so for folks putting their plastic/rubber figure on plastic stands, do be aware of it, usually problem would be the fusing of different types of plastic due to chemical reaction, and for rubbers, either the plastic melts the rubber by sucking out the liquid, or the rubber leaves rubber marks on the plastic. different plastic & rubber reacts differently. best is put some paper/fabric/leather in between the contact points.

Yeah heres that exclusive sleeve. Now to keep my eyes open for the cheapest available online!

B518WAyCUAA92BO.jpg

B518WBACQAAGE2G.jpg

B518WBVCcAAq9eo.jpg

I have to admit I wasn't too happy when they announced Revolmini, as it effectively killed the chances of more 6" Solid/Rising figures (I'd have killed for a Sam and Bladewolf), but the quality of Solid Snake and Kinnikuman won me over. Cyborg Ninja is in transit and as crazy as it sounds, I think the Revolmini Phantom Pain Big Boss might be my most anticipated figure of 2015...

Glad to hear they are of good quality. I must say that Revolmini BigBoss looks great and is my most anticipated BigBoss figure. Figma Snake, HotToys Raiden & Nenodroid Snake are much higher on my list though haha

Good Smile exclusives rarely go online for sale outside of their own site :lol and even then, not for cheap. The exception was the Attack on Titan base because a lot of people went for it since it was a really nice and practical bonus (myself included)

The sleeve DOES look really awesome though, no lie.

That box is nice, I like that it's got MGS1 screen on the back.

Hey Bateman, are you in the ACBA group? I think I've seen that dio before :lol

No, but it wouldn't surprise me seeing as it's an old McFarlane piece - there's got to be a good number of them floating around. It's a corner of the chateau from Matrix: Reloaded - lovely thing for the money, the two figures it came with were utter cack though :ohbfrank:

Yeah heres that exclusive sleeve. Now to keep my eyes open for the cheapest available online!

lol Im in the same boat, missed the whole limited pre-order, so ebay here i come!

In other news received more games back from VGA grading today, If there's any interest I can post pictures later

Nice looking sleeve on the Nenodroid, pity it's peanut sized

I'm glad i only collect bigger scale figures. I don't understand how people can say the PAKs look garbage, yet the Revols look great? I'm not here to stick up for one or mock the other, but it's like pot calling kettle black

Have you seen the head sculpts and proportions? they are just as bad if not worse, and less detailed. The only one that probably looks more like the character is Solid. Is it because they have better articulation therefore they are automatically better? seems like it's the only thing they have over the PAK figures, which is fine if you like the have a smaller figure display that is more dynamically posed. I get that

I'm not saying the PAK figures are perfect, because they really aren't, but I'm just not seeing this supposed greatness of the Revols

But, the Revos do look more fun with the articulation, if you like playing with your figures :lol.

Back