Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh. Not liking the abundant use of "blade mode"...

The set-pieces and such look fun, but the actual combat looks flimsy... but I'll just assume the player sucks.

Did you play the demo dominshin? It may be a gimmick but its awfully fun one. Platinum have done very very well with the mehanincs, this is now one of my most anticipated of 2013

Didn't know there was a demo. Is it on Live?

I guess it just bothers me at how much it shows up... it seems to take over the actual "combat" part of the game. Isn't it literally just hack and slashing with no rhythm in that mode?

The demo is on the ZOE HD collection, also on the Japanese PS store. It will be released everywhere else in a month or so methinks.

On blade mode. No, while you can do it at any time, it'll only be effective on enemies after you've weakened them first. Reserve your judgements till you've played it since i was quite sceptical also. Then again you said you don't like hack n' slashs'

The demo is on the ZOE HD collection, also on the Japanese PS store. It will be released everywhere else in a month or so methinks.

On blade mode. No, while you can do it at any time, it'll only be effective on enemies after you've weakened them first. Reserve your judgements till you've played it since i was quite sceptical also. Then again you said you don't like hack n' slashs'

Played the demo today, and I have to say much better than I expected. You really can cut just about everything and the blade mode slashes just look brutal. Still disappointed in the jerky combat animation quality though, and dialogue for all the characters is pretty strange sometimes but you forget that after you start cutting up PMC units. :lol

Had some problems with the parry command. So it only activates if an enemy is about to attack you and you have to face the left control stick towards the enemy?

Seems like it doesn't last long either, the timing has got to be pretty spot on for it to actually block.

Coming soon in Feb 2013

10203663a7.jpg

10203663a3.jpg

10203663a6.jpg

:lol Old news, already have this and the White Suit PAK on preorder but yeah can't wait!

Isn't the White version only with the UK limited edition game? I tried POing from Zavvi but for whatever reason they won't accept my card and there is no option to set up Paypal.

:lol Old news, already have this and the White Suit PAK on preorder but yeah can't wait!

White Suite eh...

Kinda looks better / cleaner... More MGS4 Raiden.

The blue figure looks a tad too blue compared to the game previews.

Depending on the lighting and the promo pics, it's either a duller blue or grey...

Isn't the White version only with the UK limited edition game? I tried POing from Zavvi but for whatever reason they won't accept my card and there is no option to set up Paypal.

That's strange, they accept pretty much all major credit card companies, and it looks like they do have PayPal option.

That's strange, they accept pretty much all major credit card companies, and it looks like they do have PayPal option.

The problem is my card is just a regular Visa Debit Card but it says it can't authorize it... :slap

I don't even see how you set up a Paypal on there.

i posted this on the mgs collectibles thread but, the zavvi kits are on ebay for $300 free shipping.
What'a a Zavvi kit? Is that the white Raiden game bundle? If it is, I think that's a pretty crazy price if the game itself isn't region free.

What'a a Zavvi kit? Is that the white Raiden game bundle? If it is, I think that's a pretty crazy price if the game itself isn't region free.

It's the UK limited edition of the game which includes the White Raiden. I honestly think PAK is shooting themselves in the foot by only releasing this as a game exclusive, which makes me believe it will show up at cons next year. It's just not economical to have a colorway which is so limited.

Not really, its not a different sculpt or anything. Its just paint, where they really ****ed up was with the Ninjas extra head!

yeah - agreed - would have loved to have had that open faced for my Cyborg Ninja :(

And while I think the White Raiden is cool...he's not a "clean" or "pure" character so the dark blue/gray/black suits him better IMHO

yeah - agreed - would have loved to have had that open faced for my Cyborg Ninja :(

And while I think the White Raiden is cool...he's not a "clean" or "pure" character so the dark blue/gray/black suits him better IMHO

I saw that the Gamestop version comes with a DLC of Raiden with the Cyborg Ninja suit, I think it'd be incredible if they made a PAK of Raiden in Gray Fox colors.

Back