Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bare with me cause im really drunk at this point. i think that mgs revengeance is gonna be awesome in its own right. i like the angle its going for. i like the fact the once again we have raiden as the protagonist. i loved bayoneta and vanquish. i have the PAK figs for both. i think that id get any fig from this line because theey are all cool i really like the chick with all the three legged thingy arms. she seems so bad ass. i dont really get all the hate this game is getting. there will always be ss and bb games. let raiden finish his story. if he sucks then oh well. you know theyll always have some cool mgs stealth game in the works that will be true to the story like always. i dont really think this game will be so bad, hideo is smarter than that id like to believe anyhoow.

Just so you know, Rising isn't part of the main canon. It's a side-story just like the Acid games, Ghost Babel, Super Smash Bros Brawl, etc. Raiden's story had already ended in MGS 4.

It does look fun. But, there are also some oddities in the gameplay that make me wish that KojiPro was developing this one.

Just so you know, Rising isn't part of the main canon. It's a side-story just like the Acid games and Ghost Babel.

It does look fun. But, there are also some oddities in the gameplay that make me wish that KojiPro was developing this one.

As much as we want to call it non-canon, you can't help to look at it as a continuation since they directly refer to the past in it :mad:

I just played the demo that came with the ZOE HD. I like it and I look forward to getting it, just the story seems a little ridiculous and the technology is becoming very alien to the MGS franchise, which is a bad thing IMO. MGS was always based on currently pursued technology and most of it was practical, it's out the window completely in MGR.

It's also strange how the Gekkos have those weird spinal implants like the cyborgs.

It's also strange how the Gekkos have those weird spinal implants like the cyborgs.

I don't know why they kept the design for the Gekkous either, I think they would of been like a PS3 Slim at this point, more economical and more effective. Their still the bastard child of REX and RAY. :nana:

As much as we want to call it non-canon, you can't help to look at it as a continuation since they directly refer to the past in it :mad:

I'd take that with a grain of salt. For something as important as Raiden's past, I'm sure that Kojima would want to handle the main points of the story himself (at KojiPro) instead of with a third-party company like Platinum Games.

For that reason, I believe that Rising will remain on the obscure side of things. The "flashbacks" might provide some information, but nothing substantial enough to affect the storyline or change our perspective on things. It might just be a continuation, or elaboration of Solidus' conversation with Raiden in Arsenal Gear, from MGS 2. Plus didn't Raiden already come to grips with his past between the events of MGS 2 and 4? I would have been more interested in that game.... I'm reminded by it everytime I see ZombieRepublican's sig :lol

Last edited:
I don't know why they kept the design for the Gekkous either, I think they would of been like a PS3 Slim at this point, more economical and more effective. Their still the bastard child of REX and RAY. :nana:

Lol @ bastard child. I do hope we get a Gekko figure though. Quite frankly, I'm more excited about the potential figures for Rising, than I am about the game itself.

Lol @ bastard child. I do hope we get a Gekko figure though. Quite frankly, I'm more excited about the potential figures for Rising, than I am about the game itself.

:goodpost::exactly::clap

Definitely, the Raiden figure by PAK is going to be insane, I got to try to get the white variant too. Although the Solidus figure is going to be a powerhouse on the shelf, it looks almost a inch taller than the MGS1 PAK.

Just so you know, Rising isn't part of the main canon. It's a side-story just like the Acid games, Ghost Babel, Super Smash Bros Brawl, etc. Raiden's story had already ended in MGS 4.

i know that man. thanks tho

^ yeah its like Ghost Babel the way MG1 and 2 are cannon but it replaces the Shadow Moses incident. Thats the only way i can accept the story aswell

The future in MetalGear isn't as balls to the wall crazy as Rising. That said Im definitely looking forward to this (and its artbook!), i guess i should change my sig XD

Raiden Doesn't need Stealth anymore .. well most likely, as he appeared on MGS 4 he went to face the enemies head on .. so why would they change the way he battles in MGS 4 due to his cyborg body to stealth again? the guy can battle with his teeth

i Hope they show some of his story to what happened to him Between MGS 2 & MGS 4, how he turned from Human to Cyborg

Was just thinking about that.

One major factor to a Metal Gear Solid game(s) was Stealth.

This game seems like you can just run in all weapons blazing.

OMG !! I have played the demo over and over and over ! this is going to be one hell of a game.
loved the soundtrack in the background.
this is the worst tease ever. I want the full game now.

WOW this game is so sick.
this is a metal gear game all the way. Raiden rocks.
going to the play it again.
Dam I wish this is was out right now.

So did you like it Solid?

Looking forward to the Play Arts figure. I picked up the Revengeance Raiden 1/6 sculpt off eBay (good looking out to Jason for giving the heads up on that one) so I'm trying to track down a couple Medicom Raidens loose to chop up an make the enhanced armor version as well as his nemisis dude with the ponytail. So if anyone knows where I can find them at reasonable prices please let me know.

Last edited:
no problem jack. if i dont need it and i think you guys would want it ill always post my finds. i would want that from you guys. btw happy halloween!

So did you like it Solid?

Looking forward to the Play Arts figure. I picked up the Revengeance Raiden 1/6 sculpt off eBay (good looking out to Jason for giving the heads up on that one) so I'm trying to track down a couple Medicom Raidens loose to chop up an make the enhanced armor version as well as his nemisis dude with the ponytail. So if anyone knows where I can find them at reasonable prices please let me know.

dude ! I love this demo. I wish it was the real game.
love the music vocals in the background when the fight gets intense with the AI wolf. ohh man raiden is just so bad ass.

Was just thinking about that.

One major factor to a Metal Gear Solid game(s) was Stealth.

This game seems like you can just run in all weapons blazing.

One thing you're forgetting.

This game is called Metal Gear RISING

There is no Solid in this one :lecture

Back