Mesa's Museum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sht, i don't care what anyone says, that's f'n cool man.
since i grew up watching them, i can appreciate the magnitude of that collection.

amazing how it just brought back memories of the chefs cooking, and the scientists (beeker) doing their stupid experiments.

just good family entertainment, not like the sht you see now-a-days.

Thanks man.

But I had to get rid of the collection though, just had to.... because. If I had kids, different story, could have used that excuse. It brought in a pretty coin though, that's for sure. I deleted my earlier post about the details, but between the loose and carded muppets I had, there was about 3k in profit, not factoring in Ebay/PP fees.

But you can bet I have the full 15 disc Time Life Muppet collection proudly displayed in my DVD collection now. Those are fantastic. Got them on a slickdeals or gotapex deal awhile back on the CHEAP as a clearance item and have watched maybe 5 or 6 disks, will get around to the rest someday. Good stuff, really does bring back memories. And there are some good musical artists that were featured on that show: John Denver, Elton John, Julie Andrews, ... I think even Stevie Wonder did an appearance.

Edit: Just checked the Ebay prices, and what I just saw is a fraction of what they were going for. Shoot, at one time Red/Yellow Zoot sax player was going for $100+ easily. Rowlf was a $60+ figure. Muppet backstage was a $150 set. Lips (silver/Brown/colored) were $80+. I sold at the right time.

Last edited:
IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

Stellar setup, Mesa :horror

those curios really give it a nice elegant & rich touch !

Even though this is an older pic...
IMG_0847%20(Large).JPG

its a really nice angle and shows the degree of the collection :rock

Congrats :cool:

hey wow i love the way you put alot of emphasis on getting the big pieces in the beginning withought cluttering thier space up with all the little nick nack, good job you have some great pieces you pics actually make the grey hulk noticeable as the better hulk piece i wasnt sure before but know i have a better idea_---great job keep collecting!

actually it loooks like u sold it lol money money! ps your iniana whips are both displayed upside down in his hand

These family guy figures are what started my addiction. For me, they were the gateway drug. They led to Muppet Palisades, then Gentle Giant's LOTR, the Sideshow WETA, then Sideshow Marvel, and it's been no turning back since.

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

Love the family guy figures, Mesa :clap

who makes them? Do they come in a set or all separate ?

I gotta get me some of those :lol :rock

Family guy figures are done by Mezco. There is a boxed set of the first series, but those aren't the same and look much worse than the individual pieces.

The hype has come down on them, so you can get them for cheaper now. At one time Chris was fetching $60-$80, now he can probably be had for around $40; he is probably the most popular of the series. The rest of the main characters from series 1 (Chris, Stewie, Brian, Peg) can be found for ~$20. The later series are found much cheaper <$10, but you get some pretty obscure characters. For some reason, nobody likes Meg and she can be found for a few bucks. Quagmire and Death are also popular characters from series 2 and may go for a little more. At one point I had most of them, these shown are the ones I decided to keep and I Ebayed the rest.

Family guy figures are done by Mezco. There is a boxed set of the first series, but those aren't the same and look much worse than the individual pieces.

The hype has come down on them, so you can get them for cheaper now. At one time Chris was fetching $60-$80, now he can probably be had for around $40; he is probably the most popular of the series. The rest of the main characters from series 1 (Chris, Stewie, Brian, Peg) can be found for ~$20. The later series are found much cheaper <$10, but you get some pretty obscure characters. For some reason, nobody likes Meg and she can be found for a few bucks. Quagmire and Death are also popular characters from series 2 and may go for a little more. At one point I had most of them, these shown are the ones I decided to keep and I Ebayed the rest.

Thanks for the info sir :)

I'm gonna hunt some down :cool:

and Excellent collection :rock

Back