Men in Black 3D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the 2D version today and there was only one shot where I thought - "this would have been cool in 3D". Since it was a post conversion I'm sure I didn't really miss much.

I went in thinking that reviews were bad and I wasn't expecting much. But it's at 68% on RT and I think that's about right. I watched MiB last night and enjoyed it again and then seeing this one was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.

Yes, there are some things that don't make much sense
Spoiler Spoiler:

But Smith is excellent playing Will Smith as J and Brolin is just spot on as Tommy Lee Jones. It's not an impersonation, he plays K in another point in his life and he acts differently. But you could see that Tommy Lee Jones playing the younger version exactly the same way.

There wasn't enough of Emma Thompson or Alice Eve and
Spoiler Spoiler:

I thoroughly enjoyed Clement as Boris the Animal...er, just Boris. A very creative villain with a cool look.

Yes, the film gets a bit maudlin and sappy, but in a good way even if you figure it out from the moment the character is introduced.

Overall an entertaining film that certainly won't make us forget Avengers, but will be fondly remembered with Battleship as films that weren't as bad as you remember then being.

This was my favorite MIB. Much more character driven, best villain IMO, and great ret-con to cap off the series.

^ Yeah, it was impossible for me not to love this movie given how much of this movie was about J and K and their dynamic.

I have a huge sentimental attachment to MIB and the characters of J and K - it was the first movie I really got into and it helped begin my love of science fiction (and to think when I walked into the theater the first time it was because of a little crush on Will Smith). I still would call it my #1 favorite movie. I also adored the animated series. I really love J and K as characters.

The ending is one of the things that sealed the movie for me. I thought it was really touching.

From a filmmaking standpoint, this one isn't as good as the first (though it's 10x better than MIIB, and also a worthy sequel to the first, IMO), but the heart in it made it stand out.

The time travel aspect worked really well in that it gave the series a fresh change of pace. And Brolin just plain rocked.

It's tough to say, animation was alot differant then, as was the subject matter, but basically its a saturday morning kids show, so you should definately at least watch an episode online before you just buy the whole set imo.

It's tough to say, animation was alot differant then, as was the subject matter, but basically its a saturday morning kids show, so you should definately at least watch an episode online before you just buy the whole set imo.

Yeah, will do. I often throw on old 80s animated shows when I draw so I think my expectations are in the right place. I just want to make sure it's not total garbage.

I was thinking of picking up the animated series at Target. I never watched it when it aired. Worth the $15?

I really really liked that show, it was really cool, they had a lot of really cool weird aliens, it pretty much felt like Men in Black universe,

I loved the show, at least the first three seasons, to pieces. It had a bit of everything - humor, drama, action, and the J and K back and forth dynamic in it is pretty awesome.

4th season I didn't like the additional characters, but it had a pretty cool series finale.

I dug this movie. It was on par w/ the other MiB's for me. The ending took me by surprise though. Usually, I can see that kind of stuff coming.

Like others have said, it's hard to reconcile some of the stuff in this movie with the previous movies. ie:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wibbley wobbley, timey whimey.

Saw it in 2-D, despite the name.

6/10

Thought it was alright, better than the second. My wife was bored. :lol

The Boris fella reminded me of Tim Curry. His woman had a nice rack.

I dug this movie. It was on par w/ the other MiB's for me. The ending took me by surprise though. Usually, I can see that kind of stuff coming.

Like others have said, it's hard to reconcile some of the stuff in this movie with the previous movies. ie:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wibbley wobbley, timey whimey.

Saw it in 2-D, despite the name.

Simple. MIB3 never existed. :lol

But you can assume

Spoiler Spoiler:

I didn't hate the second one, but is not a fun movie to watch, feels like a chore to watch, it has its really nice moments, there are a few moments in the movie I love,
but like i said, sometimes I feel I have to watch it, like an annoying Chore

I love this, one of the coolest intros i love the music too, so awesome
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXHeuRMc6ak[/ame]

i found a full episode too
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPtaRLmr3OE&feature=related[/ame]

Back