Memento

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Momento

:lol I'll be sure to check this one out. What "kind" of movie is it? Is it suspense?

Its a movie told backwards about a guy with only 15 minutes of short term memory trying to solve a murder. You don't know what happened before because the main character doesn't remember. A fun ride.

Its a movie told backwards about a guy with only 15 minutes of short term memory trying to solve a murder. You don't know what happened before because the main character doesn't. Great stuff.

Ahhh but it is not told backwards. That is what I thought too. Second viewing has it all a mystery now. The black in whites are in sequence. Then the color comes in and everything changes.

In a weird and off-way, it sounds like "The Number 23."

Yes/No?

Number 23 was stupid IMO. This movie works and stands up to repeat viewings. It really is film school material. However I give that more to the story or the editing than to the director.

Number 23 was stupid IMO. This movie works and stands up to repeat viewings. It really is film school material. However I give that more to the story or the editing than to the director.

Cool. Good to know because I didn't care for that movie much. :lol

Funny--I just picked up Memento (among others) at Circuit City when the Blu-ray titles hit 80% off. Haven't seen it since the first time--several years ago--and it's on my list of discs to watch when I get some free time.

Ahhh but it is not told backwards. That is what I thought too. Second viewing has it all a mystery now. The black in whites are in sequence. Then the color comes in and everything changes.

Well yes the black and white sequences are chronological but generally speaking I still think its accurate to say Memento is told in reverse. I used to have an old DVD set of it that let you play the entire movie chronologically. It actually reveals a couple minor plot holes that you wouldn't have otherwise thought of but the story is much more morbid watching it in order.

One of my absolute favorite modern films, very well done - certainly a thought provoking experience. :cool:

I am glad to see such a positive reaction. I am suprised a bit though that people didn't know that the Batman Begins and Dark Knight director was in fact the director of such a great film.

I am glad to see such a positive reaction. I am suprised a bit though that people didn't know that the Batman Begins and Dark Knight director was in fact the director of such a great film.

Yeah, I had NO clue whatsoever so that definitely helps its credibility in my opinion and my interest in it.

Well yes the black and white sequences are chronological but generally speaking I still think its accurate to say Memento is told in reverse. I used to have an old DVD set of it that let you play the entire movie chronologically. It actually reveals a couple minor plot holes that you wouldn't have otherwise thought of but the story is much more morbid watching it in order.

I agree. I had it on DVD but never did the trick of watching it in order. But if you read thoughts about the movie none of them agree it was backwards. That's what makes it so interesting.

Yeah seen this movie a long time ago, the main reason I was so pumped he was chosen to direct TDK! Seriously amazing movie that really blew my mind back in the day!

I also had that DVD set where you could play it chronological and it also had some stuff about him being in the hospital before he broke out and started taking revenge on the guy who killed his wife over and over again, very interesting set that was. Too bad I sold it...

"Who's that guy? Am I chasing him? No he's chasing ME!"

:lol
Great scene :D

Don't know if any of you remember, but the guy who played Flask in Batman Begins has a cameo as a scuzz-bag hotel manager who charges Pearce for a second room since he can't remember he paid for the first one.

Back