Medicom's R2 and 3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to put this into perspective... Tomorrow you could order Greedo AND the table with chairs/booth environment OR you could get one of the droids.

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

I seriously hope collectors send a clear message with their wallets this time.

Well I do have to say the droids too a lot more R&D to make and look far more impressive than Greedo.

You actually believe that Sideshow is going to produce a better C-3PO for $99 and an R2 for $95?

Of course not. But I'm sure SS's (made with Hot Toys of course) would be equal or better than what Medicom did and would be in scale.

I would pay $150 for C3PO and $130 for R2D2.

These would cost me about $475 after taxes and shipping. So yes, I do believe they'll be producing a better product at about $130 each, hell, even $150 each. Plus, they'll be more to scale with the rest of Sideshow's line.
Oh come on. You can't include shipping and taxes (and full retail price to boot) in that kind of argument. I suppose Sideshow figures always come tax-free and with free shipping?

Oh come on. You can't include shipping and taxes (and full retail price to boot) in that kind of argument. I suppose Sideshow figures always come tax-free and with free shipping?

I suppose you're just in the mood to rub your hardon on somebody. Yes, I think Sideshow will produce a superior product at a considerably lower price. Maybe not exactly 1/2 the price but enough to make the people who buy these look like impulsive idiots.

My point is simply that the choice isn't as clear cut as you're pretending it is. Most Medicom figures eventually end up being sold for a lot less than their MSRP which makes the actual price much less than the list price might indicate. Heck, you can get the Medicom Han Solo for $115 from BBTS right now. Sideshow figures don't seem to drop as much, barring something like the Hastings sale we saw a while ago. And with basic figures like Greedo at $90+ now, there's no way in hell Sideshow's going to make droids at less than $100. I'd predict around $130 or possibly more, especially since they won't be released for at least a couple of years. If you want 1/6 scale droids anytime soon, I would give these a hard look (at least once they start to be discounted). My main concern with them is the scale, both relative to each other and to Sideshow stuff.

My point is simply that the choice isn't as clear cut as you're pretending it is. Most Medicom figures eventually end up being sold for a lot less than their MSRP which makes the actual price much less than the list price might indicate. Heck, you can get the Medicom Han Solo for $115 from BBTS right now. Sideshow figures don't seem to drop as much, barring something like the Hastings sale we saw a while ago. And with basic figures like Greedo at $90+ now, there's no way in hell Sideshow's going to make droids at less than $100. I'd predict around $130 or possibly more, especially since they won't be released for at least a couple of years. If you want 1/6 scale droids anytime soon, I would give these a hard look (at least once they start to be discounted). My main concern with them is the scale, both relative to each other and to Sideshow stuff.

Well, then come back and we'll talk after these drop to sub $150. Until then, I stand by my earlier statement. But still, even at $100, the stylized looks and underscale will make Sideshow's more appealing. Which will become even moreso when Sideshows drop in price as well, to potentially $80 or so.

My opinion is that the figures are overpriced...no accessories, nothing at all, how can they excuse a price like this...sideshow's premium upcoming c3po and r2-d2 then should cost a $1000 the least..

These are a waste of effort. If I wanted out of scale "1/6th" figures I'd just get the Koto set for around $150 total and be happy. At least they are accurate.

Oh, and the light up function is just silly. I hope SSC doesn't go that route.

I'm in for a Threepio. I think the metallic finish has been done really well, and I'm a sucker for light-up features.

I'd prefer a lower price, but I don't buy many collectibles so it's a bit easier for me to justify.

They both look good, but I do think it's a bit silly that they've got the scale wrong.

I definitely want Threepio to go with my modest SW Medicom collection, and I might pick up Artoo one day.

I really like the way C-3PO looks... they did a great job with him. R2 looks very good as well. But like everyone else the price is a killer; especially for figures that are out of scale with the rest of my collection (not to mention R2 is out of scale with C-3PO).

But, even though the price is high... its not unexpected given the price of other Medicom figures. These will definitely be cheaper later, but I'm waiting on Sideshow.

R2 does look pretty good. I'm usually not that wowed by light up features, but it seems very appropriate for R2. There's something definitely off about Threepio. Besides the high price though, I wouldn't consider these because of the scale difference.

Too much, too much! You charge too much!

No brainer pass for me.... Not sure that the price is a surprise though. This seems to be in line with all of their product.... They both look very nice though.

Back