Medicom Wicket review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lame... The figure looks fine. There is nothing about scale on the box.

Interesting thing, I noticed the box had Sideshow's logo and address on the back of the box, never picked up on this on other Medi figures, is this a first?

if I were to sit and read someone else's opinion about something and believe it, I might as well take religion seriously.

What's with the attitude? You're just supposed to use a review to help you make an educated decision. I don't see anything about these reviews that says you have to take the reviewers opinion as your own, but a lot of people appreciate not having to waste money buying something just to find that it's not what they hoped it would be.

I find it funny that a person can sway another person from buying something. take a chance, it might be good or bad. It's still better than following somebody.

Take Atom Hughe's review of the medicom yoda.. almost every bagged on it, no one even bothered with it. till he reviewed it.

And it's like a movie critic... I honestly don't believe a word they say.

Yeah, but the thing with Michaels reviews are, you do have a point of reference to accurately gauge his opinion.

Most people know of Michaels review site. Why? Because they trust his unbiased reviews. Why? Because, more than likely, they have figures, that Michael has reviewed. Thereby, they can judge their own opinion, against his, and take what he says as being pretty accurate. He doesn't tell you not to buy it, or tell you to buy it.

If you are a Hellboy fan, for instance, it isn't going to matter much if he said Sideshows big baby is too expensive, but it may help others to think about spending their money more wisely.

What's with the bashing of Michaels review? Why did it take MediEwok to bring this to attention? Why not tell him he his opinion is wrong on his review of Wall-E or Futurama Bender toys?

I agree with the review. Slightly out of scale figure with Hasbro level of articulation they did back in 1995 just not justify a $60 price tag.

Great review Michael.

It's the best 1/6 scale Wicket on the market but IMO the figure isn't worth $60. At $$40-45, he'd be perfect.

Since Yoda was a VCD also it's fine to compare Wicket to Yoda. The problem is that Yoda was much better and Wicket is almost a step back.

What thell hell do you want an ewok to come with? A rocket launcher? maybe some lightsaber hilts? Why would you want an ewok to have more articulation? Nevermind don't answer that. Value? LMAO!

He could have come with the sling that he hits himself in the face with during the Battle of Endor. :monkey3 How about a bow and arrow, knife, or any other Ewok weapon. The point is that there are several other small items that Medicom could have included but didn't.

I think you're missing the point. He's not saying an Ewok should have lots of accessories, he's saying a $60 figure should come with substance to justify its price. As for articulation, they could have articulated his legs intead of glueing them in place, so that is a mess up on their part.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

To be fair, I've always enjoyed Michael's reviews, even reading on those toy reviews that I would never buy. As for the wall-e and futurama stuffs, I did read the reviews but I dont have any interest in those toys, naturally I wont be bothered to comment about them.

For this review, I just find it weird or should I say unfair that he reviewed articulation on a VCD figure which by nature of the toyline, wasnt meant to have any articulation. Also another fact is, Medicom didnt market Wicket as a 1/6 scale figure. Nothing on their website says that, nothing on the packaging says that. Knocking points off the scale issue, seems unfair.

I do agree on the other points, like price and accessories could have been improved.

From Sideshow's site "The Wicket VCD is the perfect addition to your 1:6 scale Star Wars collection!". Sideshow's name is as predominate on the back of the package as Medicom's, which adds to my amusement that people think this is a pro-Sideshow, anti-Medicom thing.

Agreed! besides, its a Vinyl Collectible Doll. Medicom never said it was an action figure. Infact, most VCD produced by Medicom dont even have any articulation (e.g disney vcds like Mickey mouse, stitch).
Yeah but lets see they have made one non deformed Star Wars VCD and its had articulation so I would expect the same for this one.

What's with the bashing of Michaels review? Why did it take MediEwok to bring this to attention? Why not tell him he his opinion is wrong on his review of Wall-E or Futurama Bender toys?

Because no group brings out the pitchforks and torches like the Medicummers.

Not in scale, but this is the best ewok ever sculpted.

wicket1.jpg

Hands down by far.

Because no group brings out the pitchforks and torches like the Medicummers.

In all fairness I thought Mike was a little tough/off with this one. I think one person may have worded their response a little wrong but when you review things and post them you might get hit.

Been there done that.

Just some things folks have said about the reviews I've posted.

Man, why don't you just give everything a 10?

I don't think even MWC is this slanted.

Do you ever give anything a grade lower than 8? And the pictures are such bad quality... Why even bother?

A ten? What a shocker...

I think you have set your scores a bit high Josh. What happens as SS begins to improve their figures, which they will. For example you rated the articulation of Luke as a 10, what happens when we get the new body?? There's just nowhere for your scores to go.

The thing is Josh, you are a biased speculator. Michael is an objective reviewer, with years of experience, knowledge and an extensive collection, and he's consistent. So your 'reviews' hold little weight.

The thing is Josh, you are a biased speculator. Michael is an objective reviewer, with years of experience, knowledge and an extensive collection, and he's consistent. So your 'reviews' hold little weight.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
:chew:chew
:cool::cool::cool:
:naughty
:peace

Do you think I'm being harsh Krayt?

Josh has opinions. Michael has evaluations.

Fixed. :D

Back