Medicom VCD Wicket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Ewok

Smudger9 said:
I'm the same...... I'm a definate about Wicket and probably not on Maul. I'm sufficiently happy with the SS Maul to avoid shelling out $180 shipped for a slightly better but smaller version. Wicket is a whole new figure and is very welcome.
Exactly. I dont play with my dolls so the body does nothing for me. Why would a want to pay $150 for something that will not be that much better if any.

Now the Ewok I would get because Ewoks are cool.

IrishJedi said:
Yoda could be had for around $60.

Pretty pricey. If this is sculpted, its a pass. I really don't think its significantly better than the Hasbro one.

I passed on Medi Maul and will probably waitr it out for a good $100 like I do for lots of Medicom. Mr. Warwick however I'll snag right away.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
A VCD doesn't have to be Super-Deformed. The VCD Yoda looks just like a regular 1/6 scale figure...except that its articulation is more limited and it's vinyl.
In fact, being part of the VCD line has nothing at all to do with whether or not a figure is super deformed. VCD simply stands for Vinyl Collectible Dolls. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't even imply any specific scale (since the super deformed figures are also part of the VCD line, and they are definitely not 1/6th scale).

VCDs may be entirely made of vinyl, or they may use mixed media (as with Yoda and the super deformed Vader).

Oh, and I will be getting the Medi Wicket, but not Maul. I guess I must be "recalcitrant" ;).

I'd much rather have an ewok over Maul, as I've already got an excellent Maul. I'd like to see Medicom do a variety of ewoks, but would prefer fur of course.

IrishJedi said:
With all due respect, if you'd rather have an Ewok over Maul then you are just being recalictrant about the OT vs PT thing.

That said, I will get this Medicom Wicket figure... if the price is right.

I disagree, I mean I have my SS Maul and that is good enough. Wicket is a better choice than the MediMaul and yes I love RAH too. There is room enough on my shelf for SS and Medicom to coexist. I still say VCD Yoda is the most underrated figure of this year (or did it come out last year?).

As an old-school Star Wars fan from the earliest days I kinda miss the time when Ewoks were considered "the suck". :monkey1

Seriously, hating Ewoks is almost as nostalgic as it gets. What's up with this new-found love for the little furry sell-outs with no blinking eyes? You young bleeding hearts. :monkey5

What, will Jar Jar be considered cool 20 years from now? :p

IrishJedi said:
As an old-school Star Wars fan from the earliest days I kinda miss the time when Ewoks were considered "the suck". :monkey1

Seriously, hating Ewoks is almost as nostalgic as it gets. What's up with this new-found love for the little furry sell-outs with no blinking eyes? You young bleeding hearts. :monkey5

What, will Jar Jar be considered cool 20 years from now? :p
Honestly I love Ewoks as a Kid, and im just about the same age as you if I remeber correct. My favorites were the lil guys. If you loko at the figures I have left as a kid, I have all the R2-D2s , 3 Jawas and all the Ewoks. The only only other figures I had doubles of was 2 Lukes, 2 Leias and 2 Stormtroopers. I am a old School Ewok fan, now Jar Jar not so much.

I can see how old people would hate Ewoks but those that were kids at that time I cant see how they would hate Ewoks.

mfoga said:
Honestly I love Ewoks as a Kid, and im just about the same age as you if I remeber correct. My favorites were the lil guys. If you loko at the figures I have left as a kid, I have all the R2-D2s , 3 Jawas and all the Ewoks. The only only other figures I had doubles of was 2 Lukes, 2 Leias and 2 Stormtroopers. I am a old School Ewok fan, now Jar Jar not so much.

I can see how old people would hate Ewoks but those that were kids at that time I cant see how they would hate Ewoks.

I was 11 when ROTJ came out. I didn't hate the Ewoks, but never really embraced them, either. Even at that young age I realized that they should have been Wookiees and that Lucas cut corners and sold-out for the cuteness.

True, but still, the Wookiee battle in ROTS was terribly disappointing. It was irrelevant to the plot, and just thrown in there as an afterthought to give Peter Mayhew something to do. I still agree with you, that the wookiees should had been in ROTJ instead.

But in any case, ewoks are cute and they lend themselves to good toys, and with a little dash of nostalgia thrown in, I wouldn't have it another way.

IrishJedi said:
I was 11 when ROTJ came out. I didn't hate the Ewoks, but never really embraced them, either. Even at that young age I realized that they should have been Wookiees and that Lucas cut corners and sold-out for the cuteness.
How can you not like something this cute
Nippett.jpg

Thats like not thinking kittens are cute.

IrishJedi said:
With all due respect, if you'd rather have an Ewok over Maul then you are just being recalictrant about the OT vs PT thing.

Not so. I'm really stoked about the Medi Jango, for example, and am chomping at the bit for this figure (yet feel pretty ambivalent about Maul). My only regret is that Medicom will probably only make Wicket and therefore the other 1:6 Ewoks from Hasbro look atrociously bad.

It's possible Maul may blow me away once better photos show up, but I still think I'll favor Wicket.

How can anyone NOT love Ewoks? No heart man, just aint got not heart....

In honor of my furry friends:

Yub nub, eee chop yub nub,
toe meet toe pee chee keene, g'noop dock fling oh ah.
Yah wah, eee chop yah wah,
toe meet toe pee chee keene, g'noop dock fling oh ah
Coat ee chah tu yub nub,
Coat ee chah tu yah wah,
Coat ee chah tu glo wah.
allay loo ta nuv
Glo wah, eee chop glo wah, ya glo wah pee chu nee foam,
ah toot dee awe goon daa.
Coat ee cha tu goo (Yub nub!)
coat ee cha tu doo (Yah wah!)
coat ee cha tu too (ya chaa!)
allay loo tu nuv (3 times)
Glo wah, eee chop glo wah.
Ya glow wah pee chu nee foam,
ah toot dee awe goon daa
allay loo tu nuv.

PosterBoyKelly said:
How can anyone NOT love Ewoks? No heart man, just aint got not heart....

In honor of my furry friends:

Yub nub, eee chop yub nub,
toe meet toe pee chee keene, g'noop dock fling oh ah.
Yah wah, eee chop yah wah,
toe meet toe pee chee keene, g'noop dock fling oh ah
Coat ee chah tu yub nub,
Coat ee chah tu yah wah,
Coat ee chah tu glo wah.
allay loo ta nuv
Glo wah, eee chop glo wah, ya glo wah pee chu nee foam,
ah toot dee awe goon daa.
Coat ee cha tu goo (Yub nub!)
coat ee cha tu doo (Yah wah!)
coat ee cha tu too (ya chaa!)
allay loo tu nuv (3 times)
Glo wah, eee chop glo wah.
Ya glow wah pee chu nee foam,
ah toot dee awe goon daa
allay loo tu nuv.

:monkey2

That song always brings a tear to my eye. How is that not better than "Weesa free!!!". :confused:

Oh, but Ahmed Best and JarJar were hilarious in the Robot Chicken episode. "I love you Ani... AHAHHHHEHEHEHHAHHAHAHEHEH!!!"

Back