Medicom VCD Wicket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger9

Super Freak
Reaction score
]
613315858_94169e95c4_o.jpg

Thought this little guy deserved his own thread. I'm really excited about this. Difficult to see if its fur or vinyl, but I suspect its a VCD like the Yoda was. After the release of the excellent Yoda I was hoping for another 1/6 VCD, either a Jawa or an Ewok.... looks like Medicom read my mind.
The picture isnt the greatest but the sculpted fur (assuming its vinyl) looks excellent. I'm not too convinced by the likeness of it though. Looks like it is supposed to be Wicket, however, Wicket was much tubbier than this sculpt. Hopefully its just an initial prototype. The initial Yoda prototype was awful but the end product was superb.
Cant wait for this one.... it will look awesome with my SS Endor troops. Another great announcement from Medicom.

Last edited:
Re: Medicom Ewok

Honestly, if I HAD to get 1 between this and Maul, I'd get this. In the end I'm an OT kinda guy. But yeah, this is great, does it mean we have RAH Biker Scouts on the way? I HOPE! I'm SURE it will be VCD, whether it has fur or not (under fur is VINYL if it has fur) but either way, another awesome release! Really excited for this.

I'm not sure I'd ever get a Jawa (now that Medi is about the little guys) but Yoda is great, and this looks like it will be too. I'm guessing this and Maul will be 08'. Last year we got a taste of Boba and Yoda at Medi's expo, and they both hit in 07'.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Honestly, if I HAD to get 1 between this and Maul, I'd get this. In the end I'm an OT kinda guy. But yeah, this is great, does it mean we have RAH Biker Scouts on the way? I HOPE! I'm SURE it will be VCD, whether it has fur or not (under fur is VINYL if it has fur) but either way, another awesome release! Really excited for this.

I'm not sure I'd ever get a Jawa (now that Medi is about the little guys) but Yoda is great, and this looks like it will be too. I'm guessing this and Maul will be 08'. Last year we got a taste of Boba and Yoda at Medi's expo, and they both hit in 07'.

How do you rate the likeness PBK???

And a Jawa would look awesome with the SS Jabba set!!!

Beyond the ewok I think the excitement factor rises with even the POSIBILITY of a 1/6 Chewbacca.... But please, please, please Medicom make a Chewie that's going to tower not only over the Medi figs but also over the acknowledged bigger SS figs...

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Frankly when I first saw this image, "Wicket" interest me more (Don' think any other Ewoks look like this). I hope the little fella has got articulation to its limbs.

DarthNeil said:
Beyond the ewok I think the excitement factor rises with even the POSIBILITY of a 1/6 Chewbacca.... But please, please, please Medicom make a Chewie that's going to tower not only over the Medi figs but also over the acknowledged bigger SS figs...

I do hope SSC can beat Medicom to do a Chewie first.

DarthNeil said:

The only way I would get a Medicom chewie is if they also made ANH Luke, Han and Leia. I would want my chewie to be displayed with other OT heroes and there is no way a Medicom Chewie would be anywhere near to the SS figures in terms of scale. I cant see this happening as Medicom dont seem to want to do heroes at the moment. I suppose the other possibility would be if Medicom did Luke and Han in stormtrooper disguise.

I don't think it is a vcd as it doesn't have enlarged head, hands or feet

looks like a 1/6 scale figure

the fact that "some" company are willing to venture out and do a figure that is not 12" tall or taller should be recognized. afterall, SW has so many little people (the ones in the droids too) and they should get their share of high end collectables just like the big guys. You can't honestly say you are doing the license justice without making the little guys too.

minivader said:
the fact that "some" company are willing to venture out and do a figure that is not 12" tall or taller should be recognized. afterall, SW has so many little people (the ones in the droids too) and they should get their share of high end collectables just like the big guys. You can't honestly say you are doing the license justice without making the little guys too.

Well, Sideshow made Jabba and Salacious Crumb....

Karma said:
I don't think it is a vcd as it doesn't have enlarged head, hands or feet

looks like a 1/6 scale figure

A VCD doesn't have to be Super-Deformed. The VCD Yoda looks just like a regular 1/6 scale figure...except that its articulation is more limited and it's vinyl.

minivader said:

I totally agree with you. I do give SSC credit for coming up with accessory packs, guess its high time for them to produce some little people and Droids.
Its the diversity in the 1/6th scale line that make collecting more exciting.

A VCD just means it's made out of VINYL, the D doesn't mean deformed. RAH is a particular body they use (like "Art Buck") and is part of their 1/6 line. Yoda is VCD by definition, but is also part of their 1/6 line.

It was a big thing when Yoda hit, we all got a little confused.

Anyway, Chewie, I dunno. I can't say I care WHO made him first, just so long as it looks good.

Ok... Medicom products might be more pricey. But on second thought its not such a bad idea that Medicom "share the load" with SSC in creating a more complete 1/6th scale SW universe.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Honestly, if I HAD to get 1 between this and Maul, I'd get this. In the end I'm an OT kinda guy.
With all due respect, if you'd rather have an Ewok over Maul then you are just being recalictrant about the OT vs PT thing.

That said, I will get this Medicom Wicket figure... if the price is right.

Well for me too, the only MUST HAVE SS 12" has been Jedi Luke (now old Ben too) but except for the Clone, I MUST HAVE all the Medicom ones. Yes....even Topher Luke:D

IrishJedi said:
With all due respect, if you'd rather have an Ewok over Maul then you are just being recalictrant about the OT vs PT thing.

That said, I will get this Medicom Wicket figure... if the price is right.

I'm the same...... I'm a definate about Wicket and probably not on Maul. I'm sufficiently happy with the SS Maul to avoid shelling out $180 shipped for a slightly better but smaller version. Wicket is a whole new figure and is very welcome.

Back