Medicom TDK Harvey Dent/Two-Face

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weird. medicoms is very accurate in terms of the suit color, the extent of the burns, the tie color and the overall look and color of the burnt half. It just kind of looks like a tonner doll or somethin. No offense if you're into that stuff, I kind of like the Voldemort figure but it just looks too much like a cheap doll youd fork over 30 bucks for at a Toys R Us. The body proportions are really odd and it just lacks that realism that make HT figures pop with that shrunken head vibe. In dark lighting, Two-Face looks incredibly menacing and the aaron eckhart head is superb. I wish you could get Ht's quality with the little details that medicom got right.

Once again its the same for their tdk suit. Medicom's is more accurate but HT's somehow looks more realistic when you've got them sitting in front of you.

Recipe for the perfect two-face:

-narrow shoulder TT
-Hot toys two face head painted by small_studios
-medicom two face clean suit (customized by elvis1976)
-medicom tie
-hot toys stand

If anyone out there puts all of this stuff together than you may come out with the perfect two-face in my opinion. That is how I would approach it at least.

-narrow shoulder TT
-Hot toys two face head painted by small_studios
-medicom two face clean suit (customized by elvis1976)
-medicom tie
-hot toys stand

If anyone out there puts all of this stuff together than you may come out with the perfect two-face in my opinion. That is how I would approach it at least.

Gotta agree, but not going to be bothered sourcing the Medi suit given the likely cost.

Gotta agree, but not going to be bothered sourcing the Medi suit given the likely cost.

Yeah im with you. I would like to make one but to be honest I like my collection of purely Batman and Jokers and the money it would take is just not worth it in my opinion. One other thing I will mention is I am not a fan of the medicom headsculpt but I do like the way they did harveys hair on the two face head. The hot toys version is just too clean to be missing half of his face whereas the medicom one got it more right.

snip

yeah i dont see why it couldn't be done...the rubber looks a little meh to me on the medicom but i like the more accurate color scheme there. Too bad the body is so disproportionate to that average (not terrible or necessarily bad) head. i don't see how one couldn't see that during pre-production.

Well, it's nowhere near the HT version overall BUT HT's Jacket has 2 buttons, the movie jacket has 3 buttons. Medi got that detail right.

Yeah but they put like 50 buttons on each cuff for some reason. Look at that, it's like a pile of grapes.

Whoa, that's uh...this figure is pretty awful. It's like why did they even bother in making a half-assed figure like this, you know? It reminds me of a anime/manga interpretation of the character however and I'm pretty sure Medicom is known for some anime pieces like uh, Death Note comes to mind, am I right?

For some reason, I think the hairstyle actually looks better on the Medicom version, and the front of the suit seems better cut. But. . .well, that's about it. I think I would take the DC Direct version over that.

I guess Medicom has a market for the more cartoony style figures, though. I think the fact that most of us here want movie-accuracy in this scale is big part of our dissatisfaction.

The Medicom one looks like a knockoff you'd find at a flea market...the tie, buttons don't really matter to me...i am not impressed.

M.

Ugggg. At least Medicom is making their figures the right height now. Too bad they still look like cartoons.

Yeah, and the price really surprised me, i saw one on ebay for 220$ :O

I'm still wondering why Medicom doesn't just stick to anime/stylized figures. When they try a "realistic" one they always seem to fail horribly. They seemed to do a decent job on TDK Batman, but the paint was still hasbro quality. For what they charge, they are the lowest bang for your buck around.

They must sell in Japan/Hong Kong or something. Otherwise, they couldn't possibly keep making enough profit to make it worthwhile. And it isn't like the license fees are dirt cheap for stuff like the Dark Knight and Indiana Jones.

Back