MEDICOM RAH Alien Figure Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great looking fig by itself. I hate that they made it so small compared to other 1/6 figs

I know it's been stated numerous times before, and I'm not trying to start an argument...but not everything needs to be (or should be) in 1:6 scale.

Spent some time editing the pics I took. This figure is incredible. Hands down the single most accurate Alien figure I've ever had the pleasure of owning. Looks just like in the movie! I cannot get over how perfect the likeness is. As Sabres said, it's a must-have for any Giger fan... and I apologize for the huge pics :eek:.

254zzhy.jpg

15nlg6v.jpg

4tmv5w.jpg

2agq1r9.jpg

The killer is - sure this one is the most accurate looking "close to" 1/6th '79 Alien there is - but, if HT had cared enough, they could have blown it completely out of the water. In terms of the finish HT owns this one but as far as the sculpt......:gah:

Yeah. HT's nice because they almost seem to add details that weren't there. This isn't a bad thing as long as they fit. But with Big Chap, not only did they made a more elaborate figure (which is cool), but they totally changed the shape of the mouth and dome. Other than that, gorgeous paint and body. Heh, same goes with their Berserker. I dunno what's been up with them lately.

Basically the only things that would make the Medi Alien truly perfect IMO would be:

1/6-scale
More sculpted body detail
More elaborate paint work (just for kicks)

Even so, I'd say the $100+ price tag is justified by the fact that the overall shape is perfect. I look at this guy and can safely say "THAT's the Alien."

I love my Medicom alien, but actually there is one thing which would really improve it, and indeed almost any Alien figure:

The simple ability to have the mouth firmly closed.

To me that clenched teeth, hissing, steaming, drooling face is almost as iconic a look as the fully extended inner tongue, and to date only the tiny, but wonderful Revoltech has gone for that look:

revoltechalien.jpg

"Who, me?"

I agree. Kinda like I was sayiing in the 1/4 Predator thread about the 'less obvious' closed mandible face, I'd love an alien with the mouth sealed shut and that retracting sheath partially over the teeth, slimy chin etc. Like you said nothing has ever been done to represent that.

That... actually works. Did you actually dress him up? Is the rubber okay?

@DSD: It's kind of interesting actually. NECA's classic Alien can't fully close his mouth either, but their Alien Warrior can. Looks awesome. This is why I'm bummed they didn't take it upon themselves to make any sculpt improvements on their TRU two-pack. At least the paint looks slightly better.

I feel sort of bad resurrecting this thread, but I couldn't really justify creating a new one, so...

---

I've been looking at picking this guy up recently, but I'm wondering from those of you that own him - how is the rubber suit holding up? With the prices I'd be looking at, I don't want to buy one now only to find it's already developing cracks while still NIB. I guess I'm just looking for a great screen-accurate Alien figure, and the well seems to be a bit 'dry' at the moment. They say patience is a virtue; I suppose waiting for future Alien figures is an option as well...

Thoughts? Does the Medicom RAH Alien still hold up as one of the best? (And yes, I know it's not 1:6 scale. :lol)

Last edited:
I was just "playing" around with mine last week, and the figure is fine.
No tears anywhere, the rubber seems to be holding up fine.

Mods should move this to the "action figure" thread.

Mods should move this to the "action figure" thread.

I was having trouble figuring out why it wasn't there to begin with myself. I'm new though, so what do I know? :wink1:

But thank you very much for the response. These guys are pretty dang expensive now - just looking at eBay...

No prob, and welcome aboard!

Well, the figure was very expensive to begin with, so I suppose it's hard to find it for a reasonable price nowadays.
It's a fantastic figure though, truly very well made, and the sculpt is brilliant.

Thanks for the welcome!

So you seem to think highly of this little guy (as do I from the pictures I've seen) - is there a figure you'd recommend more, accuracy-wise?

I'm late (as usual) to this party, but I'd have worked an extra job just to purchase that 1/5 Sano piece a couple of years ago... Why oh why am I just now re-discovering the wonderful world of figure modeling/collecting? :slap

Back