Action Figure Medicom - MAFEX Star Wars line coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having seen the 40th Black Series in hand, the Mafex ROTS leaves it for dead in the looks department. If the helmet is a decent size then the Mafex takes it. If there are Rogue One Vaders from Mafex and SHF due then I'll see what they're like too. The colouring of the upper armour of the Mafex looks very ANH to me.

Last edited:
Is Rey going to be released in a few days or is it still end of May? HLJ lists end of May and NP lists an April 30th release date.:confused:

Mmm, just from that, the head in the box looks close to the one on the box, so that's something. Will it look like they shrank Daisy though, not so sure....

Too much deep dirt wash on the robes, and the grey seems too cold... Even thought, it can be a great figure.

I never go by the boxed shots though..probably bad lighting..I like the uniqueness that mafex did with this giving her that true gritty Jakku look

As for the face..well I wasn't expecting much from Mafex anyway

Finally box in hand image revealed..and AmiAmi notified me on shipping my order

Awesome, I guess that answers my question regarding release date. She looks great and the weathering is pretty darn accurate. Can't wait to have this figure in hand.

Awesome, I guess that answers my question regarding release date. She looks great and the weathering is pretty darn accurate. Can't wait to have this figure in hand.

Yeah I probably have to get the Mafex Kylo now :lol

Finally have a Rey 1/12 that can hopefully do this

Or this pose

Too bad they didn't include this version of her HS . Would've loved to see a gritty Rey face

Last edited:
I never go by the boxed shots though..probably bad lighting..I like the uniqueness that mafex did with this giving her that true gritty Jakku look

As for the face..well I wasn't expecting much from Mafex anyway

Yeah, perhaps that weathering is more accurate, but for some reason she looks better on the proto pics. Anyway, I just need to see a review and she will be mine.

Yeah, perhaps that weathering is more accurate, but for some reason she looks better on the proto pics. Anyway, I just need to see a review and she will be mine.

Look out on YouTube for some Asian reviewers like lightede covering this possibly by the end of the weekend. That guy gets his pretty quick . DAmazing might get her by next week to review as well. There are others as well. Just keep checking Youtube. Somebody will have a review up by monday. I'm sure of it :lecture

Can't believe how hard it is to capture Daisy's likeness for a product..it's like Harrison's issues :slap

Only seems to work for a wax museum version

Last edited:
Look out on YouTube for some Asian reviewers like lightede covering this possibly by the end of the weekend. That guy gets his pretty quick . DAmazing might get her by next week to review as well. There are others as well. Just keep checking Youtube. Somebody will have a review up by monday. I'm sure of it :lecture

Can't believe how hard it is to capture Daisy's likeness for a product..it's like Harrison's issues :slap

Only seems to work for a wax museum version

Thanks man! I will be checking Yotube all the weekend!

Thanks man! I will be checking Yotube all the weekend!

I subscribe to all those reviewers and more. I get updates frequently when they post anything related as soon as I click on YouTube. If I see anything. I'll post. I look for the ones who speak in English first :lol

IMO this will probably be the end all Rey TFA version to collect in 1/12 action figures unless Figuarts or a Bandai kit is in the works. So far looks like Figuarts will only tackle Resistance Rey for some strange reason :dunno

Whoops forgot about the upcoming deluxe Rey speeder edition for the BS ..but we shall see :lol

Last edited:
Rey looks pretty great! I'm surprised with how good the face turned out.
e188f729a626e308e36b38ec2e526d31.jpg
67e0f98873b083c52a16fd76723703a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I think she looks great. What is our other option, Black Series?? :rotfl

Anyone have a review up of the Episode III Vader?

I think she looks great. What is our other option, Black Series?? :rotfl

Anyone have a review up of the Episode III Vader?

Black series Rey has an awesome sculpt totally ruined by the paint app. Of course, MAFEX knocks out the BS in every aspect.

Rey looks pretty great! I'm surprised with how good the face turned out.
e188f729a626e308e36b38ec2e526d31.jpg
67e0f98873b083c52a16fd76723703a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That looks really good! Glad I kept my preorder open with BBTS. I was on the fence about it because I wasn't really happy with how their Kylo Ren turned out. This looks even better than the sample pics that they posted weeks ago.

Back